[POLL] who is thinking about go for Air 3 instead of A2s?
4422 70 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5231283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Darkozi Posted at 7-25 08:48
I would sit and wait for the Air 3s or Pro whatever it will be called. Just for the sensor to be better. This sounds to me as a step back, if double lens is excluded.

Agreed, I want to see what the Air 3S has. hoping for a larger sensor.
2023-9-10
Use props
Retired n Loving IT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 787897 ft
United States

i am proud owner of both and really enjoying the air 3... especially longer battery life, waypoints and the tele lens.
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_TFhPCZ2vsZOO
New

Australia

How can I upload videos wirelessly
2023-9-19
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2628530 ft
United States

Air 3 is the way
2023-9-30
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

I'm thinking to buy a Mini 4 instead
2023-10-1
Use props
TotalNewb
lvl.1

Germany

Drones are just like computers, you either sit on the fence waiting for a more faster powerful chip and graffic card, or you go cheaper and find out later that your computer cannot be updated anymore, one thing to remember nobody knows how much time is a life, so if you can enjoy and hopefully afford something a little bit more costly than 2nd hand, then go for the the latest, obviously all the hardware stuff is the latest, and software also, for me as a newb, I looked hard at the Air2s but my IT experience made me see reason, lifespan of anything electronique is only a few years so why not go for the latest within reason, I looked at Mavics but the Air3 price swung the deal for me between price and usage, because in all honesty, how many of us use our computers or drones to full capacity.
2023-10-1
Use props
Jens Manuel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5447854 ft
Netherlands

I did, i'm happy with the Air 3 (QuickTransfer Mode a.s.o.)
2023-10-6
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I think the smaller sensor issue on the Air 3 for stills at least can be overcome https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298762&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D916%26typeid%3D916 with the 70mm lens on the Air 3 you can create effective still images of a higher quality than even the Micro 4/3 Camera on the Mavic 3 Pro (probably even higher than some DSLR's)   Only caveat is your subject can't be moving.

Just need DJI to make this a quick automated feature so you frame using the 24mm then press a High Res option and the 70mm quickly takes a grid of images you can stitch to cover the same 24mm area but in VERY high quality when stitched.  Photographers should be VERY happy as I have always felt I have to work very hard on the 1/1.3" sensor images from DJI drones. A feature like that would be a game change though to be fair has been a manual option on any drone with a Tele lens. The Tele lens on the Air 3 does seem to be quite a decent one which makes this technique even better.
2023-10-6
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 8-31 17:42
If you don't have an air 2s. Go for the air 3 is a no brainer. If you already have an air 2s. Why the hell do you need to upgrade?

Because I just wanted to. Lol
2023-10-18
Use props
Rainbow Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mastoras Posted at 7-25 07:44
Air 3 beats it in every single category, its an easy pick. Also the camera is better, and it especially blows it away in low light and night shots. Its actually even slightly better then Mini 3 camera even if its same sensor size. If i didnt have a drone and was looking between the two, yes, definitely Air 3.

It doesn’t actually.
2023-10-30
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have arrived late, but comparing this new Air3 against the excellent Air 2S (best DJI drone in terms of quality-price ever),... it has interesting software improvements, but doesn't worth the change. It's better to wait for the forthcoming Air 3S/3 Pro that is going to include the Osmo Pocket 3 camera.

2023-11-5
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I upgraded from the Air 2, the Air 3 is a game changer.
Especially the 70mm lens, looks so cinematic! Worth the switch! Also having the smart remote makes it more compelling to fly.
2-4 14:36
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Air2S to the infinitum.

I prefer to have the SDK released instead a telephoto lens. For me, the upgrade to the Air3 doesn't worth. Let's see a future Air3S or Air 4.
2-4 22:26
Use props
Flying_Rosco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1455958 ft
United States

I’ve been flying the Air 3 for about 2 months and am shocked by the capabilities it offers. Coming from an Mavic 2 Pro and a Skydio 2+, I have been blown away in nearly every way but…

Even with waypoint functionality, I’m considering adding the Air 2S to my kit. I need mapping capabilities beyond basic waypoints and, as an iOS and macOS user, need to be able to use apps like Pix4D or DroneDeploy on my iPhone or iPad.

Unless I’m misunderstanding the boneheaded moves by DJI in terms of SDK and iOS, it appears that the Air 2S is the most recent non-pro drone to offer an SDK and to support third party apps on iOS.

Is that correct?
2-11 16:31
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35157 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am thinking to get me - not the Air 3 but the Mavic 3 Classic. So i can still use my RC controller i have in use with my Air2S. It is really annoying to have incompatible new controllers almost each drone. It would be really nice to be able to fly the Mini4 or the Air3 with the DJI RC controller AND the Motion 1 and 2, to be able to connect to each drone with the DJI goggles V2/2/Integra to have FPV impression.
I remember it was, i could connect with my DJI goggles 1 to my Mavic 2 Zoom. it was awesome.
4-4 22:35
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DosPalotes Posted at 4-4 22:35
I am thinking to get me - not the Air 3 but the Mavic 3 Classic. So i can still use my RC controller i have in use with my Air2S. It is really annoying to have incompatible new controllers almost each drone. It would be really nice to be able to fly the Mini4 or the Air3 with the DJI RC controller AND the Motion 1 and 2, to be able to connect to each drone with the DJI goggles V2/2/Integra to have FPV impression.
I remember it was, i could connect with my DJI goggles 1 to my Mavic 2 Zoom. it was awesome.

The constant upgrades of the Ocussync system and the impossibility to make the different versions compatibles are the perfect way that DJI has to steal your money.
4-8 08:08
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-8 08:08
The constant upgrades of the Ocussync system and the impossibility to make the different versions compatibles are the perfect way that DJI has to steal your money.

There is nothing wrong to always upgrade and improve the system, just keep it backwards compatible!
I have a Avata, a FPV and an Air2s.
None of them is C1, while all the new ones are.
The DJI Avata was released August, 2022, two years after it was clear, that the regulations would make it impossible to fly A1 after 2023. So the Avata was a one-year drone? Because of its light weight, under 500gr it was possible to fly A1 until 31.12.2023 - now as a DJI AVATA owner i am literally FU**ED, have to go to end of world to fly A3, same with the FPV. A drone which was released March 2021, also after the regulations were clear and done. I think at least the drones which have been release after 2021 should be re-certified. Now the Air2S, the AIr2 was released 2020, when the new regulations were not active yet but the Air2S? 15th April 2021, also after the Eu regulations.

At least the AIr2S should be re-certified...some day...somehow...but in the meantime i dunno what to think. I am just really upset and would love to punch Mr. DJI in the face. That's all i can say.
4-9 06:11
Use props
Crou
lvl.2

Poland

I don't think Air 3 is much better than Air 2s. I have Air 2s and waiting for C1. If it doesn't get it for some reason I will get a refund and probably look for something else entirely. Depending on how DJI handles that certification mess.
4-9 08:13
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Crou Posted at 4-9 08:13
I don't think Air 3 is much better than Air 2s. I have Air 2s and waiting for C1. If it doesn't get it for some reason I will get a refund and probably look for something else entirely. Depending on how DJI handles that certification mess.

If the Air2S finally can't be certified, we have another reason to blame DJI for its lies after it assured that the certification was going to come at 200%.
4-9 10:37
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-9 10:37
If the Air2S finally can't be certified, we have another reason to blame DJI for its lies after it assured that the certification was going to come at 200%.

Maybe but it's not what we all want, we prefer the C1. What do we gain for blaming DJI? Nothing!
4-9 20:39
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DosPalotes Posted at 4-9 20:39
Maybe but it's not what we all want, we prefer the C1. What do we gain for blaming DJI? Nothing!

I am talking about getting the C1 certification
4-10 08:05
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-10 08:05
I am talking about getting the C1 certification

I was little upset regarding the c1 for the air2s since i got one and am waiting for it but in the meantime i am really pi**Ed regarding the Avata2. The first avatacwas released in August 2022, two years after it was known that the eu regulations would forbid to fly other classes than a3 after 12/2023. So now comes a new avata and is c1 certified but the old ones not? Old means 18 month. This suxx
4-10 08:20
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DosPalotes Posted at 4-10 08:20
I was little upset regarding the c1 for the air2s since i got one and am waiting for it but in the meantime i am really pi**Ed regarding the Avata2. The first avatacwas released in August 2022, two years after it was known that the eu regulations would forbid to fly other classes than a3 after 12/2023. So now comes a new avata and is c1 certified but the old ones not? Old means 18 month. This suxx

With the FPV world I have never expected to see the Avata 2 certified as C1, but I have to say that for me that it brings the certification is a great surprise.
4-10 08:36
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-10 08:36
With the FPV world I have never expected to see the Avata 2 certified as C1, but I have to say that for me that it brings the certification is a great surprise.

At least its what i read in forum postings.
4-10 10:12
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DosPalotes Posted at 4-10 10:12
At least its what i read in forum postings.

The photographs of the packaging leaked shows the icon of the C1 certification, so I think that it is going to happen
4-10 10:16
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-10 10:16
The photographs of the packaging leaked shows the icon of the C1 certification, so I think that it is going to happen

You were absolutely right mate, its c1. I hope DJI will re-cert the avata1 too. That would be great.
Eres de [color=var(--JKqx2)]España?
4-11 21:47
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DosPalotes Posted at 4-11 21:47
You were absolutely right mate, its c1. I hope DJI will re-cert the avata1 too. That would be great.
Eres de España?

Sí, soy de España
4-11 23:56
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-11 23:56
Sí, soy de España

Encantado, soy de Malaga pero de momento vivo en Alemania
4-12 21:29
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DosPalotes Posted at 4-12 21:29
Encantado, soy de Malaga pero de momento vivo en Alemania

Un saludo de un gallego que deduce que escapaste por la cerveza, que desgraciado

4-13 00:14
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

AIR 2S = SDK
AIR 3 = NO SDK

End of the poll
4-29 21:24
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I don't plan on getting any, but if I had to choose then Air 3.
5-4 08:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules