Noone is certifying EU?
410 7 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Is this list up to date?Are DJI drones released in 2023 certified or not?
Like Mini3 ? Mini 2 SE? Air?

https://eudroneport.com/blog/list-of-certified-drones/

there is a little hustle about TOM and MTOM mass
2023-7-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

This is the perfect example of a garbage website, does not cite any source, does not date the publications, does not refer to any official documentation.

The only thing to do with this kind of site is to click on the cross at the top right.
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

thats interesting
2023-7-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

1.JPG

Things are simple with the article 20, either it is a drone manufactured before 01/2023, weighing less than 250g, with the maximum mass mentioned in the manual.
Either it's a self-build that weighs less than 250g.

I'm ready to bet that for purely commercial reasons DJI will not update its manuals by adding the mention "maximum mass" before 01/2024. To force as many people as possible to buy new products.

To extricate yourself from this, modify your mini. Paint it, make cosmetic changes. Make sure it is below 250g. and There you go !

But article 20 does not say that the maximum mass must be in the manual.
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

art 20 for manufactured before 01/2023 but what with Mini 3 manufactured after still without the certification
Mini 3 would have C1 bcause of extended battery exceeding 250g MTOM
maybe you have right with this upselling method in EU i did not suspect this but seems to be logic when you realised this to me =]
2023-7-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

I have just read the 945 (from 09/08/2020) and 947 (from 04/04/2022).

In the 947 we can read:
UAS types within the meaning of Decision No 768/2008/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council ( 6 ), which do not comply with Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945 and which are not privately-built are allowed to continue to be operated under the following conditions, when they have been placed on the market before ►M4 1 January 2024 ◄:

a)in subcategory A1 as defined in Part A of the Annex, provided that the unmanned aircraft has a maximum take-off mass of less than 250 g, including its payload;
b)in subcategory A3 as defined in Part A of the Annex, provided that the unmanned aircraft has a maximum take-off mass of less than 25 kg, including its fuel and payload.

Part A of the annex :
UAS.OPEN.020 UAS operations in subcategory A1
UAS operations in subcategory A1 shall comply with all of the following conditions:
"..."
(5) be performed with an unmanned aircraft that:
(a)has an MTOM, including payload, of less than 250 g and a maximum operating speed of less than 19 m/s, in the case of a privately built UAS; or
(b)meets the requirements defined in point (a) of Article 20;
(c)is marked as class C0 and complies with the requirements of that class, as defined in Part 1 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945; or
(d)is marked as class C1 and complies with the requirements of that class, as defined in Part 2 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945 and is operated with active and updated direct remote identification system and geo-awareness function.

So we are talking about the MTOM as maximal take off weight. So far there is nothing prohibitive

Let's go to the 945 Part1 C0
A class C0 UAS shall comply with the following:
(1) have an MTOM of less than 250 g, including payload;
"..."
(8) be placed on the market with manufacturer’s instructions providing:
(a) the characteristics of the UA including but not limited to the:
— class of the UA
— UA mass (with a description of the reference configuration) and the maximum take-off mass (MTOM);

— general characteristics of allowed payloads in terms of mass, dimensions, interfaces with the UA and other possible restrictions;

At no time does article 20 or appendix A of 947 mention referring to appendix part 1 C0 of 945 which specifies that it is the manufacturer who must provide MTOM's instructions.

There remains a blocking point is the definition of MTOM in Chapter 1 article 3 of the 945 and article 2 of the 947:
maximum take-off mass’ (‘MTOM’) means the maximum Unmanned Aircraft mass, including payload and fuel, as defined by the manufacturer or the builder, at which the Unmanned Aircraft can be operated;

We come back to the same point, just declare the drone in self-build. It is possible in France when registering the drone on the civil aviation website, just check self-build. In Latvia it is at the time of contracting the insurance it is necessary to indicate that it is self-build.

This is debatable because the statements on the EASA and CAA websites provide a different version:
1.JPG

2.JPG
Open Category - Civil Drones | EASA (europa.eu)

Then on this page they write again MTOM and January 2023:
Drones (UAS) | EASA (europa.eu)
3.JPG

But let's not forget that the texts issued by the European Commission are not authoritative. Each State has its own law and should align as much as possible with EU texts to "harmonize". Personally, I rely on information from the CAAs of the countries in which I fly my drones. Because the local police do not care much about European regulations, what is in force is the law of each country.

Latvia : Atvertā kategorija – CAA
4.JPG

Poland : Kategoria Otwarta - informacje - ULC
5.JPG

Lituania : Bendra informacija - TKA interneto svetainė
6.JPG

I write this on 07/26/2023. Maybe these laws at the national level will evolve, but for the moment it is like that. The MTOM, a good bureaucrat thing, that's all the good I think of it.

2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Wow, huge analysis man, definetly they should clean this mess
According to this above we may say if DJI Mini has not declared MTOM at all, A3 open category also could be not applicable even if MTOM is 25 kilograms still will be not declared for 250 grams TOM drone XD

im so happy to have specific category entitlements
2023-7-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

fateofangel Posted at 7-25 11:57
thats interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5xr091Qzdg

When you read the regulations of the country of the guy who made the video it's even worse.
In some place they write see Danish law Nr 2253 of 29/12/2020 which refers to 947. And on the Open Category page when you choose <250g:

1.JPG

The "May have a C0 mark (but not a requirement)" is quite evocative. This is what we understood from the begining.

The author of the video would have saved his time and our by writing also to his CAA in addition to the EASA which seems to be completely overwhelmed by these directives. Just see the EASA website. I cannot find the update dates of the information on the pages. Maybe someone knows?

2023-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules