1071 3 2014-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kev.caine
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

A question for you techies....

I have a Vision 2+ (the one without the scroll wheel controller). I want to put a "Headlight / Landing Light" on the Bird, no problem there, there are lots of types available and a straight connection to the battery contacts etc would work....

But, and here is my question.... I would like to have the ability to switch it On/Off whilst in flight. I was wondering if Chan 7 could be used as a trigger for some sort of switch/relay to enable me to do that.

Would that have an impact on the way I control the camera angle now - via the I-phone app to raise or lower the camera as I don't want to lose that.

If any one things it is possible do you have any ideas on what I would need and how to do it?

Thanks.
2014-12-8
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

The short answer is no.  You can't simply flip channel 7 back and forth between gimbal control and a headlight control.  I suppose if you added an additional channel you could -- but in that case it would be simpler to just use the 8th channel for the headlight.
(but what you REALLY want to use it for is a rocket launcher, huh!)
2014-12-8
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

RPG's do not sit well on the Phantom.....   The light is fine and if you must, you can use the 7th channel.
An easier way would be to put a switch on it so you can turn it off in the day.....  save battery.....
2014-12-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mixstreme Posted at 2014-12-9 01:23
RPG's do not sit well on the Phantom.....   The light is fine and if you must, you can use the 7th c ...

Phasers work better.
2014-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules