Introducing DJI Air 3
7556 67 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thusal Jayasak Posted at 8-16 02:31
Thrilled to see the DJI Air 3 released! The advancements in technology and features are truly impressive. Can't wait to take my aerial photography to new heights.

Thank you for your kind words, Thusal Jayasak. Can't wait for you to share your works on the Forum website. Have a safe flight always!
2023-8-16
Use props
ThatGuy002
New

United States

Apologize foe the newb question before hand.

I am looking to purchase this drone but want to make sure I am in compliance with remote ID. I looked up the models and this one wasn't listed. Am I right in saying that it doesn't currently have remote ID that can broadcast? Thank you.
2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ThatGuy002 Posted at 8-16 14:15
Apologize foe the newb question before hand.

I am looking to purchase this drone but want to make sure I am in compliance with remote ID. I looked up the models and this one wasn't listed. Am I right in saying that it doesn't currently have remote ID that can broadcast? Thank you.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Starting in September 2022, DJI has produced drones that meet the requirements of the Remote ID rule. These Remote ID compliant drones will have RID-compliant labels affixed before leaving the factory. Therefore the DJI Air 3 should be RID compliant. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-17
Use props
MrFreaky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93314 ft
Poland

get it too
2023-8-17
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-16 03:05
You're most welcome, Rodger8.

How do I add my Air 3 to my Profile?
2023-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Congrats on your DJI Air 3, MrFreaky! Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 8-18 16:14
How do I add my Air 3 to my Profile?

Hi, Rodger8. Please check my PM. Thank you.
2023-8-19
Use props
conquistador
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386093 ft
Germany

i would like to know if the obstacle avoidance of the air 3 is active during quickshots… especially when flying sidewards during ‚circle‘
thnx!
2023-8-19
Use props
fansb1fe8d21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 501916 ft
Australia

Does anyone know if the insta 360 sphere fits on the air 3.
2023-8-19
Use props
famhiking
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

fansb1fe8d21 Posted at 8-19 22:30
Does anyone know if the insta 360 sphere fits on the air 3.

Yeah, I'm interested too, knock if you have any info.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

conquistador Posted at 8-19 15:00
i would like to know if the obstacle avoidance of the air 3 is active during quickshots… especially when flying sidewards during ‚circle‘
thnx!

Hi, conquistador. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the obstacle avoidance is active on Quickshots Intelligent Flight Modes.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansb1fe8d21. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we are unable to test third-party products and it is not recommended to add payload on DJI Air 3. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

famhiking Posted at 8-27 04:22
Yeah, I'm interested too, knock if you have any info.

Hi, famhiking. Please see my reply above. Thank you.
2023-8-27
Use props
fans0443d72a
New
Flight distance : 61201 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone have a link showing how to install
ND Filters on the Air 3??
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans0443d72a Posted at 8-28 05:05
Anyone have a link showing how to install
ND Filters on the Air 3??

Hi, fans0443d72a. Thank you for reaching out. For attaching and Detaching the ND Filters om DJI Air 3, please see the video on this link. Hope this helps.
2023-8-29
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

TKJohnstar Posted at 8-15 06:46
Correct me if i'm wrong but the Mavic 3 has 10bit color while the air 3 has 8bit color, and I believe the sensor on the mavic is also larger.  The other thing that is big atleast for me is the 5.1k shooting mode, where the air3 goes up to 4k

Yes, good point but then why not just get the Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Pro?
2023-9-2
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

How is the Insta 360 ? Look really cool. Does it work well and does it kill flight time?
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MaCJaX Posted at 9-2 10:34
How is the Insta 360 ? Look really cool. Does it work well and does it kill flight time?

Hi, MaCJaX. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we are unable to test third-party products and it is not recommended to add payload on DJI Air 3. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-2
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job DJI, having a blast with mine, around 40 hours flight time without one bug! Pure pleasure to fly!
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 9-4 16:35
Great job DJI, having a blast with mine, around 40 hours flight time without one bug! Pure pleasure to fly!

Hello, Rodger8. We really appreciate your feedback and we thank you for your kind words. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-10
Use props
Nick Rossiter
New

Australia

Does the Air 3 remote controller include a cable or plug to attach an iphone (with lightning socket)?  If not what cable do I need to buy?
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nick Rossiter Posted at 9-19 15:13
Does the Air 3 remote controller include a cable or plug to attach an iphone (with lightning socket)?  If not what cable do I need to buy?

Hi, Nick. Thank you for reaching out. Did you purchase an Air 3 with the RC-N2 controller? If yes, the Lightning Connector is already included in the package. Below is the inclusions of the DJI Air 3 (DJI RC-N2) package:
2023-9-19
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Has anyone who owns an Air 3 and a Mini 4 Pro done comparison shots ?

I mean not only photos but also video footage and differences noted ?

2023-9-30
Use props
Air 3 Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Very nice.
2023-10-4
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

M4p better until Air 3s will be introduced
2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Air 3 Flyer. We really appreciate your feedback and we thank you for your kind words. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-21
Use props
Mindful Nordic
New

United Kingdom

I recently got the Air 3 as a BD pressie. My 1st ever drone so lots to learn. The package included the 'basic' remote control (so the one without the screen). Do you guys prefer to use the one with or without the screen? I was just thinking whether the hands will be block the screen whilst flying and potentially touch some of the buttons unintentionally. Is it better to have the phone attached to the top so easier to keep monitor the flight? What are your thoughts?
2023-12-11
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

Ok. Here it goes with my thoughts and opinions as everyone has them. I bought the Mavic Air 2 in August 2020 and have always used the RC-N1 with a larger screen iPad. First the iPad Mini 5 with the 8” screen for about 2-1/2 years. Now I have the iPad 11 Pro and even better. A larger screen makes for a much better flying experience in my opinion since you can see the live feed much easier. Also the ability to use any device manufacture with any size screen which can be changed at any time gives a lot more flexibility. I also purchased the Air 3 recently with the RC-N2 controller which I use with my same iPad 11Pro. The RC-N1 & N2 controllers have the cable already in the top of the controller so it takes me literally only about 30 seconds to connect the iPad and place it in the mount. I also like the control sticks below the screen for viewing. My iPad 11 Pro is a cellular device which means it has internal GPS and full cell service so I can download anything, update the map without needing to cache it before leaving WiFi service and it shows my accurate location. I have used the Dronelink mission app with my MA2 since December 2020 and have flown 400 plus missions and about 38 hours of fully autonomous flights and it works fantastic. I use the Firefox browser the same as with any home PC to create, edit or download any of my Dronelink plans/ missions anywhere. Also since the Air 3 has the DJI Waypoints I use my iPad 11 Pro to create the missions and it is so much easier than the small screen. I tried using my iPhone 8 Plus which has a 5.5” screen and it’s a pain compared to the large 11” screen. Nothing wrong with the controllers with the built in screen but you’re stuck with the small screen and limited in what you can do unlike an iPad or Tablet which you can also get with a cell service. Also DJI did not build the DJI RC & RC2 to work with any third party apps. So if you use one of those controllers then you would need to also purchase the additional standard controller if you wanted to use any third party app. It comes down to how you will use your drone, what you’re willing to spend and the pilots preferences. Enjoy.
2023-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules