Can RC Pro Support DJI Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro?
3746 54 2023-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 8-9 20:17
The confusion arises as when updating the Firmware on the RC Pro it updates the DJI Fly app and that advises that the Air 3 is supported on the DJI Pro update of the Fly App.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. This prompt indicates that DJI Fly now supports DJI Air 3 after the update. However, please note that DJI RC Pro and the image transmission system of DJI Air 3 are not compatible at the moment. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention, and we have already forwarded it to the relevant department to modify the update prompt. Moving forward, we will strengthen our internal review process to avoid any such inaccuracies in the future. Thank you again for your support and understanding.
2023-8-9
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 8-9 21:17
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. This prompt indicates that DJI Fly now supports DJI Air 3 after the update. However, please note that DJI RC Pro and the image transmission system of DJI Air 3 are not compatible at the moment. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention, and we have already forwarded it to the relevant department to modify the update prompt. Moving forward, we will strengthen our internal review process to avoid any such inaccuracies in the future. Thank you again for your support and understanding.

A very good statement, a very reasonable explanation of the mistakes that DJI also makes...   
2023-8-9
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

So, can we say RC Pro will never support Air3 and future O4 devices? Please give us certain reply about that.
2023-8-10
Use props
HY04hiLMUkD3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325066 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes or no if it will be made compatible someday.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KnNLmS Posted at 8-10 04:20
So, can we say RC Pro will never support Air3 and future O4 devices? Please give us certain reply about that.

Hi KnNLms. We appreciate your interest. It's not compatible at the moment and we can't provide relevant information yet. Please keep in touch with the DJI official website as any news and updates will be announced officially. Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-10
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 8-10 19:49
Hi KnNLms. We appreciate your interest. It's not compatible at the moment and we can't provide relevant information yet. Please keep in touch with the DJI official website as any news and updates will be announced officially. Thank you for your patience.

This is not a response what i'm asking for.

I'm sure DJI can inform me as "Yes" or "No".

There is no explanation if it will be or not, that is why i ask.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

KnNLmS Posted at 8-10 23:17

Hi there. We appreciate your response. The DJI RC Pro is not compatible with the DJI Air 3. This drone can only be used with the DJI RC 2 and DJI RC-N2. The DJI RC 2 features O4 video transmission and achieves 2T4R (six antennas) with improved processor performance for smooth operation of the system and app. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

KnNLmS Posted at 8-10 23:17

Come on dude. Dji staff have said over and over again that the rc pro will not work with the air 3 or any future os4 drones. That is because os3 is not os4 compatible. How hard is it for people to understand a simple answer? No means no. Lol. Sure i love to be able to use my rc pro with future os4 drones. But the fact is, it is not compatible.  End of story. I guess sometime when you tell someone no, in their mind they think its a yes. Lmao. Its like a guy asking a girl out and she said no. And in his mind it is a yes. So he keeps bothering her when she already said no. Lmao. Give it a break.
2023-8-26
Use props
MavicAir2TW
First Officer
Flight distance : 6485269 ft
Taiwan

Very disappointed ! Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro are not compatible with RC Pro.  My understanding is that both RC Pro and DJI RC 2 support FCC mode and CE mode in the same frequency range (2.4GHz/5.8GHz) , it could be firmware related except anntennas.  
2023-9-25
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

this really makes no sense for consumers and keeps on wasting the planet and trashing its resources,
its so stupid to change the remote all the time just so you can sell more accessories , especially with batteries,  this has to stop DJI!
plus if you travel you need to take several remotes with you in case you bring different drones (Inspire , Mavic,FPV) ,
we nee interchangeable tx modules...the rc pro has a replaceable tx module on the backside...why isn't this used?  its the same with the conscendence remote  of the inspire

2023-9-25
Use props
pawelPL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773596 ft
Poland

Im Mavic 3 pro user with RC. If DJI somehow makes RC able to connect and fly with Mini 4 Pro i would buy standalone Mini but if not i will not buy this with RC 2 at all. I know RC will not have same reach as RC2 with o4 but i would be fine with a smaller range of Mini 4 Pro with RC than nothing. DJI it is simple, if you make more compatibilities and start selling just aircrafts you will make money from me, or not. And i think i am not alone in this consideration.  Of course it doesent matter if it is your first drone or you want to sell old one but if you want keep old and buy new people calculate $.

Or DJI could run a program of retaking old not compatible RCs and exchange on RC2 with a small payment.... Just need to make RC2 compatible with older drones from Mavic 3 series
2023-9-26
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Got my Mini4 a couple of days ago and finally had its maiden flight this morning. This new Occusync 4 is certainly no bullsh^t! The connection may not be significantly better than my Mavic 3 Pro, but it's definitely noticeable. Unlike a few on this forum who are begging DJI to enable RC Pro compatibility, I am really looking forward to the RC Pro 2, and the Mavic 4!!!
2023-9-28
Use props
MavicAir2TW
First Officer
Flight distance : 6485269 ft
Taiwan

Monkey007 Posted at 9-28 13:08
Got my Mini4 a couple of days ago and finally had its maiden flight this morning. This new Occusync 4 is certainly no bullsh^t! The connection may not be significantly better than my Mavic 3 Pro, but it's definitely noticeable. Unlike a few on this forum who are begging DJI to enable RC Pro compatibility, I am really looking forward to the RC Pro 2, and the Mavic 4!!!
If DJI is willing to make RC Pro support O4,  O4 module / Dungle plug-in on the back of RC Pro might be a feasible option if available.  Also RC Pro is compatible with many O2 and O3 drones. RC 2 and RC-N2 have no backward compatibility with O2 and O3 drones.
IMG_7454.jpeg
2023-9-28
Use props
fans6a5197cf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70928 ft
Pakistan

Dji rc pro how much time to update for mavic air 3 drone compatible? Any information
2023-11-16
Use props
fans6a5197cf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70928 ft
Pakistan

And any body know how to live feed with rc 2 remote control type c to HDMI adapter and turn off display
2023-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules