EU Zertifizierung C-Klassen
1216 17 2023-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_R75c5hIJ7MOf
lvl.1

Germany

Hello DJI, I am in Germany and have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.  The new EU regulation provides for the classification into C-classes. The EU regulation also explicitly provides for subsequent classification into C classes by the manufacturer.  Will DJI subsequently certify my "existing drones" in class C2 ???  Otherwise, from December 31, 2023, we can only fly our drones in the open air - it would be extremely annoying.

Thank you
Ralf

2023-7-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

At the moment there is no information.

Stay tuned on official website... Our apologies... We take this as a suggestion... will be forwarded to the dedicated team...
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for future drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming years. More details will be announced in due course. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-27 19:29
Thank you for reaching out. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for future drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming years. More details will be announced in due course. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I hesitated, I didn't know which one you were going to choose.
2023-7-27
Use props
djiuser_R75c5hIJ7MOf
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-27 19:29

that is clear for future drone models, but there are still many enterprise models in use, among others by companies, which can no longer be used after 2024.

Therefore, a classification of the existing drones is extremely interesting.

very few can afford an m3t for 6000 € even though their m2ed is still 100% o.k. are.
2023-7-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_R75c5hIJ7MOf Posted at 7-28 00:04
that is clear for future drone models, but there are still many enterprise models in use, among others by companies, which can no longer be used after 2024.

If you operate in a professional capacity, get yourself a PDRA.

It is safer than expecting anything from DJI.
2023-7-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's no guarantee that the Mavic 2 would meet the requirements for C2,  for example the Mavic 3 had softer propellors fitted to meet one of the C1 rules.   
2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_R75c5hIJ7MOf Posted at 7-28 00:04

We totally understand your request. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-30
Use props
LukasM2EA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52037 ft
Italy

Hi, any update on his issue? Also an European M2EA user wondering about next year…..
2023-9-30
Use props
Franz Kurz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70472 ft

Austria

Hello to all those affected
2023-12-23
Use props
Franz Kurz
lvl.4

Austria

I'm sure I'm having the same problem with C-certification, like I'm sure many others.

I have to say that I am very disappointed with DJI. I bought my Enterprise drone at the time with the belief that it was communicated in such a way that DJI would subsequently certify such drones. I regret that I bought this drone as I will have limited use of it in a few days.
DJI has known since at least 2020 that the European Drone Regulation should come into force on January 1, 2023. However, this was postponed by one year. Nevertheless, you could still buy this drone in 2022.

If DJI thinks, I'm only speaking for myself, that you should just buy the successor model for another 5500 euros, then you've come to the wrong place with me. I will never buy a DJI drone again, nor will I recommend it to anyone.

Despite everything, I was and am very satisfied with the product, DJI produces good drones, there is no question about that.

But again, it can't be that a product that I use with accessories (batteries, etc.) is only usable to a limited extent after almost 2 years. After all, I paid over 7000 euros for the gauze equipment.

If it's not possible for a company as big as DJI to certify these drones, then it looks to me like there's no will!

I'm sure other owners of this type of drone think the same way I do.

2023-12-23
Use props
Franz Kurz
lvl.4

Austria

A big minus to DJI.

No reaction to my post.

I have to repeat it, I paid a lot of money for a drone and bet on DJI that an EU certification will be submitted later. Apparently, you just want to sell and not be there for the customers.

If the market leader DJI is not able to certify the enterprise drones with EU Cx label, this was my last drone from DJI.

And if it is absolutely not possible to certify the Mavic 2 Enterprise drones, then DJI should offer an acceptable exchange program, it would owe it to the users.

Why is there no official statement from DJI?

A professional drone that you can only use to a very limited extent after 2 years, thank you DJI.
1-20 04:25
Use props
LukasM2EA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52037 ft
Italy

Franz Kurz Posted at 1-20 04:25
A big minus to DJI.

No reaction to my post.

You are not the only one. Not happy with the amount of information from DJI (actually the lack of).
2-4 07:09
Use props
MrUni
New
Flight distance : 146749 ft

Germany

Hello,

any news here?

As an non-profit organization we bought two Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced end of 2022. We paid more than 12000€!
Due to new regulations we have to keep a distance of 150m to any person.
If we now work with farmers to do our business, we have one foot in jail!

DJI please work on that issue and give a feedback!
3-4 00:25
Use props
Franz Kurz
lvl.4

Austria

When I saw MrUni's post, I was curious to see if DJI would react. As expected, DJI didn't respond!

DJI knows at least at the beginning of 2020 that the drone regulation (EU) 2019/947 would come. Originally, it was a year earlier. Nevertheless, these drones were still being traded in Europe in 2023.

https://enterprise-insights.dji. ... und-der-konformitat

The Mavic 2 Enterprise has everything you need for certification, it may be that you need new propellers, but the other thing would be to do software-wise. Since the remote ID has also been implemented for the USA, this should not be a problem for the European version.

I am sure that many owners of this drone would of course also be willing to pay for the subsequent certification.

So DJI, why are you leaving us out in the cold?

3-6 10:20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Franz Kurz Posted at 3-6 10:20

When I saw MrUni's post, I was curious to see if DJI would react. As expected, DJI didn't respond!

Nothing obliges them to do so.  
We can look at the problem in reverse, knowing the arrival of this law, what forced you to invest in these drones whose future compliance has not been announced?

It is time to take an interest in the alternatives proposed by the law which are very largely favorable to these "legacy" drones in rural/agricultural environments.

For city work, its another problem.
3-6 10:48
Use props
Franz Kurz
lvl.4

Austria

Hello  LV_Forestry

We bought a drone with a thermal camera in 2022 as we needed the feature in 2022. We couldn't have waited until 2024. So we trusted that you can use a drone for 6000 euros and over 1000 euros for batteries etc. for more than two years without restriction.
It would be a good advertisement for DJI if they would help existing customers, because satisfied customers are more likely to buy DJI products again in the future.
3-6 12:42
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Franz Kurz Posted at 3-6 12:42
Hello  LV_Forestry

We bought a drone with a thermal camera in 2022 as we needed the feature in 2022. We couldn't have waited until 2024. So we trusted that you can use a drone for 6000 euros and over 1000 euros for batteries etc. for more than two years without restriction.

That's the problem, we all "trusted"... history has not proved us right.
3-6 13:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules