Low sound volume first few seconds
915 10 2023-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timensionless
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello

I'm using a newly purchased Osmo Mobile 6 with iPhone 12 Pro. When I use gesture-controlled recording the first few seconds have very low sound volume. It gets better after a while. There is no sound volume problem when recording by pushing the record button.

Also, gestures work very badly both for starting recording and for finishing it. Sometimes I need to wave like 10 times before the app starts (or stops) recording.

I updated the firmware yesterday and I have the newest iOS.
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi timensionless, thanks for reaching out. We are very sorry for the experience.

For the low sound issue, Osmo Mobile 6 features a folding design making the gimbal much compact and more portable when not in use, but repeated folding may result in friction noise. However, this phenomenon does not affect the product's functionality. Please feel free to use it.

For the gesture control, we recommend that you could try to use standard gestures (a V or palm gesture) for 1–2 seconds when facing the camera to trigger Gesture Control. In addition, the detection range between the rear camera and the gesture is 0.5-4 m.

Please try, and if the issue still occurs, you could record a video for us to further checking, thanks.
2023-7-27
Use props
timensionless
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 7-27 19:27
Hi timensionless, thanks for reaching out. We are very sorry for the experience.

For the low sound issue, Osmo Mobile 6 features a folding design making the gimbal much compact and more portable when not in use, but repeated folding may result in friction noise. However, this phenomenon does not affect the product's functionality. Please feel free to use it.

Hello Thor and thank you for your reply!

However, the sound volume is not a result of any noise. The low volume during the first ca 10 seconds is present regardless of whether I move or not. And the level goes back to normal after a short time. I've tried several times but the result is consistent.

And yes, I'm trying to use standard gestures to start and stop recording but it doesn't work very well.

Please see an example of the issues in a video clip by following this link: https://www.dropbox.com/t/jErdDB7M6ktPVizB
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

timensionless Posted at 7-27 22:20

However, the sound volume is not a result of any noise. The low volume during the first ca 10 seconds is present regardless of whether I move or not. And the level goes back to normal after a short time. I've tried several times but the result is consistent.

I see, thanks for the video provided. I will forward it to our engineer to further check the issue. I will also update you once I get the result. Thanks.
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

timensionless Posted at 7-27 22:20

Hi there, after reviewing the video, here are the updates from our engineer. Please check, thanks.

For the low volume issue, it is suggested that before starting gesture recording you could adjust the system volume of the phone lower than 30%, and then start recording by gesture. Also, please check whether the volume recorded by other third-party apps have low volume issue or not.  If the problem still occurs, please provide us the problem log and operation time.

For the gesture recording issue, based on the video, it shows that the device is already shooting and following. To better identify the problem, please provide us the DJI Mimo video recording for check. Thanks.
2023-7-30
Use props
timensionless
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 7-30 18:54
Hi there, after reviewing the video, here are the updates from our engineer. Please check, thanks.

For the low volume issue, it is suggested that before starting gesture recording you could adjust the system volume of the phone lower than 30%, and then start recording by gesture. Also, please check whether the volume recorded by other third-party apps have low volume issue or not.  If the problem still occurs, please provide us the problem log and operation time.

Hello Thor

Both problems have been fixed by themselves. They arose when I used the gimbal for the first time. It's been set somehow, I don't know how. But the sound starts at the right volume from the start now and the hand gestures work not perfectly but much better.

Anyway, thank you for your help and engagement. I hope the current state will proceed!
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

timensionless Posted at 7-31 09:19
Hello Thor

Both problems have been fixed by themselves. They arose when I used the gimbal for the first time. It's been set somehow, I don't know how. But the sound starts at the right volume from the start now and the hand gestures work not perfectly but much better.

Hi timensionless, that is so great to hear the problems have been resolved. If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We will be more than glad to help. Have a lovely day!
2023-7-31
Use props
djiuser_K5oBcd1dSs2e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33205 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 7-31 17:06
Hi timensionless, that is so great to hear the problems have been resolved. If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We will be more than glad to help. Have a lovely day!

Hi there.  I have exactly the same problem being reported here and for me it IS NOT resolved by itself.  Native camera app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max works perfectly fine so it has to be a software issue/setup problem of some kind.  
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_K5oBcd1dSs2e Posted at 9-16 22:37
Hi there.  I have exactly the same problem being reported here and for me it IS NOT resolved by itself.  Native camera app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max works perfectly fine so it has to be a software issue/setup problem of some kind.

Hi there, sorry for the late response. May I know if the issue has been solved?
If not, please kindly refresh the firmware and DJI Mimo App to the latest version. If the issue still persists, would you please provide video recording for us to further check on it? You could provide us two videos, one is shooting with the app and the other with the native camera, thanks.
2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_K5oBcd1dSs2e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33205 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 9-19 00:12
Hi there, sorry for the late response. May I know if the issue has been solved?
If not, please kindly refresh the firmware and DJI Mimo App to the latest version. If the issue still persists, would you please provide video recording for us to further check on it? You could provide us two videos, one is shooting with the app and the other with the native camera, thanks.

Hi the issue is not resolved we also tested on an iPhone 13 Pro and pro Max same issue.  I have managed to figure out how to upload the logs and a sample video to DJI.  The QR code is : c39a193a-4288-4e92-980a-eObaf2d498dd
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_K5oBcd1dSs2e Posted at 9-29 04:46
Hi the issue is not resolved we also tested on an iPhone 13 Pro and pro Max same issue.  I have managed to figure out how to upload the logs and a sample video to DJI.  The QR code is : c39a193a-4288-4e92-980a-eObaf2d498dd

Hi there, sorry to trouble again. Could you please upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive, and send the picture of the QR code for the DJI Mimo log for better assistance?\Please also provide us with the screenshot of the DJI Mimo app version, thank you very much.

Besides, we would love to double confirm your issue, is it the case that the playback volume of a video recorded by Gesture Control in the DJI Mimo app is low in the first 10 s when using your iOS devices with an Osmo Mobile series product? Look forward to your reply.
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules