Very bad new firmware for DJI RC Pro Controller
1009 6 2023-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
macz5024
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi
I have just installed the latest firmware of the DJI RC Pro Controller 03.02.0400.
I am using this controller with a DIJI Mini Pro 3.I was excited about the new outdoor mode. Unfortunately it is not working as it should.
All files are constantly underexposed, unsharp and terrible.
Pls do a better job here.
I am almost done with this drone. Unfortunately the DJI Air 3s does not solve the problem since you have the same sensor in it.

Markus
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello there! We apologize for any trouble this has caused. The new firmware update should be able to enhance screen contrast, and the image shown can be seen more clearly in direct sunlight. Could you please help us with a sample photo for further analysis? Thank you for your patience.
2023-7-27
Use props
macz5024
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Diana Posted at 7-27 15:42
Hello there! We apologize for any trouble this has caused. The new firmware update should be able to enhance screen contrast, and the image shown can be seen more clearly in direct sunlight. Could you please help us with a sample photo for further analysis? Thank you for your patience.

Thanks Diana
I have evaluated the problem and attached 3 JPEGs - can also send the RAWs if you like.
I am used to underexpose the images since they get too bright otherwise.
Images 405 and 406 show the situation: no sky and very dark rocks - the exposure is useable for my purpose, the AF did its job. Then in 407 and the following images, the sun went away, exposure time was slightly longer but when capturing, I got the AF confirmation. In some cases I used the manual point for AF, but all of these files suddenly got terrible noise  (which I can handle in the RAWs) and the main problem: they are not in focus anymore.

Hope you can sort out this problem
Thanks, Markus
2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

macz5024 Posted at 7-28 06:48
Thanks Diana
I have evaluated the problem and attached 3 JPEGs - can also send the RAWs if you like.
I am used to underexpose the images since they get too bright otherwise.

Hi! We appreciate the time you put into compiling the photos. We have forwarded it to the relevant team for analysis. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Have a nice day!
2023-7-28
Use props
macz5024
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi - I have tested again today. The AF ist ok, as long as the light is good. The new outdoor lighting tool does not really help since it is too bright and contrasty for outdoor conditions.
It may help finding a better composition but is completely misleading in terms of exposure. If it should only be a composition tool, there should be a quick function button addressing this tool (on and off).
Otherwise it would be very handy if you could implement at least 4 different strength modes of the "outdoor" lightning tool.
As for the firmware, it is very unstable and unreliable. Settings are sometimes wrong and the controller has to be restarted. So: really time for a better one. Thanks!
Markus
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

macz5024 Posted at 7-31 12:10
Hi - I have tested again today. The AF ist ok, as long as the light is good. The new outdoor lighting tool does not really help since it is too bright and contrasty for outdoor conditions.
It may help finding a better composition but is completely misleading in terms of exposure. If it should only be a composition tool, there should be a quick function button addressing this tool (on and off).
Otherwise it would be very handy if you could implement at least 4 different strength modes of the "outdoor" lightning tool.

Hello there! We apologize for the trouble caused. We appreciate your feedback, and as per the relevant team, after enabling Display Enhanced, the display brightness is enhanced to assist in shooting. However, there are differences between the image quality and the display, while the image quality of the photo or video taken by the aircraft is not affected.  And if the display of the image transmission screen will affect the customers' judgment of the finished film, we recommend that this function be disabled. Thank you for your patience.
2023-7-31
Use props
macz5024
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thanks. Take it or leave it. I do not see many advantages as it is handled right now. There is one big „but“ left. In the first series of the dark images, I got 20 images with AF confirmed- and they were all unsharp. I underexposed due to the image content - and also due to the new outdoor option. But AF should not be influenced by this. There was more than enough light for proper focussing.
2023-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules