Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

bmancan Posted at 2015-1-2 05:00
No worries, there is an iOS app already. Once you have your inspire 1 and serial number, go to m.dji ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that site will download an .apk file, which is for Android devices. The iOS app is till going through Apple app store approval, and will be made available later. Like everyone else, I hope that's soon.
2015-1-1
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-2 05:09
That is the app for Android devices, not for iOS devices.

Actually if you scan the QR code from an iOS device, it takes you to the download for iOS (after entering serial number).
2015-1-1
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

bmancan Posted at 2015-1-2 05:14
Actually if you scan the QR code from an iOS device, it takes you to the download for iOS (after e ...

Right, and since there are very few individuals who have received their Inspire to check the SN, how is that helpful, as far as playing with the app before delivery?
2015-1-1
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-2 05:06
BTW, where did you buy a $1K iPad. Seems a little high.

I bought it with the most memory and the cellular. Full blown. I ordered the cellular model because I don't know if the Inspire is like my Phantoms. If the Phantom goes down you can go to "find my Phantom. That only works with a Cellular connection via Google Earth.
2015-1-1
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bmancan Posted at 2015-1-2 05:14
Actually if you scan the QR code from an iOS device, it takes you to the download for iOS (after e ...

I don't know about that. The Quick Start states "IOS" coming soon?
2015-1-1
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

iOS Pilot App Feature Request

I would like to request that the DJI app developers consider giving the user an option of selecting between Google maps and Apple maps for the iOS version of the pilot app.The Android software uses Google maps and the iOS software currently uses the Apple maps. In the primary area where I fly, the Apple maps are horrible and only show scattered clouds with very poor ground detail. The Google maps for the same area are superb with very clear ground detail.

I have this same issue with the DJI Vision software on my iOS device.

Apple map

Apple map

Google map

Google map
2015-1-1
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

Oh no, I thought DJI was using Google Maps SDK on their DJI Pilot app.
Turns out, Apple Maps does not show real data on my area neither and it'd be pretty much useless.
2015-1-1
Use props
ryan6
lvl.1

United States

Good request. It would just be one more option.
2015-1-1
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

ebarronh@aol.co Posted at 2015-1-2 06:23
Oh no, I thought DJI was using Google Maps SDK on their DJI Pilot app.
Turns out, Apple Maps does n ...

With my Phantom 2 Vision i have found it necessary to use a backup Android device when using the Ground Station features.
The Android version of the apps already use the Google maps. Hopefully this feature or option can be added to allow user selection. I wonder if there are locations where the apple maps are better quality than the Google maps. In all of the areas where I fly, the Google maps are significantly better.
2015-1-1
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

@Tahoe_Ed do you have to use Apple Maps when you use your Ipad? & if so do have any problems like posted above?
2015-1-1
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

rodger,  how do you get the "find my Phatom" to work?
2015-1-1
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

United States

I have the iOS app, so it does exist.
2015-1-1
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-1-2 08:36

Find my Phantom is in the settings on the iPhone App for the Phantom. It will work as long as there is still power to the Phantom.
2015-1-1
Use props
skillet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 468258 ft
South Africa

rodger Posted at 2015-1-2 05:58
I don't know about that. The Quick Start states "IOS" coming soon?

Did you even try to scan the QR?
2015-1-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

andrew@amccloud Posted at 2015-1-2 09:18
I have the iOS app, so it does exist.

Andrew, lucky you.  Most do not as it is not released yet.  I tested it today with the latest version of the firmware.  It works great, better than the Android version in my opinion.  But right now the Android guys have the advantage.  Enjoy!!!  P.S. I only have a S4 to test so it is not a far comparison.  
2015-1-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-2 06:53
@Tahoe_Ed do you have to use Apple Maps when you use your Ipad? & if so do have any problems like po ...

I do not but most of the time I fly in Las Vegas.  Clouds are not a problem on my maps.  I have not had issues in Tahoe as well.  I do understand that many of you do have issues depending on when the map was recorded.  I can add it to the DJI wish list.
2015-1-1
Use props
skillet
lvl.2
South Africa

A feature of controlling the Inspire Gimbal by means of your smartphone or tablet's gyroscope?
2015-1-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

The iOS version uses Apple maps? That'll get our Inspires lost for sure...

Ouch!
2015-1-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

skillet Posted at 2015-1-2 14:38
A feature of controlling the Inspire Gimbal by means of your smartphone or tablet's gyroscope?

For semi pro photography why would you want device gimbal control on your camera vis a vie the Phantom.  I confounds me at this level.  
2015-1-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-2 15:09
For semi pro photography why would you want device gimbal control on your camera vis a vie the Pha ...

That would be something I'd want to turn off immediately. I could see myself crashing quite quickly with that.
2015-1-1
Use props
skillet
lvl.2
South Africa

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-2 15:09
For semi pro photography why would you want device gimbal control on your camera vis a vie the Pha ...

Hey Ed

Maybe my explanation of this is not clear? Why is the fact that you can pan/tilt the camera by means of dragging your finger over the display such a breakthrough but tilting your transmitter/device (allowing both hands to stay on the controls) to do the same nothing special? Does your mention of the Phantom mean that this was indeed possible on the Phantom gimbals? I am a complete noob at UAV's so please excuse the questions.
2015-1-1
Use props
craigarthurson
lvl.2

Nigeria

How does that serve the person who owns that serial number if people are doing that and  if I want to connect multiple device which I will and someone utilises my serial number not very fair.
2015-1-1
Use props
skillet
lvl.2
South Africa

craigarthurson@ Posted at 2015-1-2 15:45
How does that serve the person who owns that serial number if people are doing that and  if I want t ...

I agree. And why no s/n request for the Android version? I am sure that they will remove the s/n limitations very soon.
2015-1-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

skillet Posted at 2015-1-2 15:38
Hey Ed

Maybe my explanation of this is not clear? Why is the fact that you can pan/tilt the camer ...

Skillet:

Because you can do the same with the two knobs on the controller without the screen.  We have to get a little real here.  Trying to control a camera in three dimensions while controlling a multi rotor coper in the same three dimensions is challenging to say the least.  Maybe you are a better pilot and camera operator than I am but I find it difficult to do what you are asking even with the device gimbal control, which with the P2V+ I find to be distracting.  That is just my opinion.  Yours may differ.   I have enough challenges controlling the craft and tilt with a few other functions at the same time.
2015-1-2
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-2 13:22
I do not but most of the time I fly in Las Vegas.  Clouds are not a problem on my maps.  I have no ...

I plan on using the Ipad Mini3 Do I just click on the maps app and go to Sat view? Not familiar with the process but would like to see what my maps look like before receiving my inspire. Thanks ahead of time.

Mike
2015-1-2
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-2 18:09
I plan on using the Ipad Mini3 Do I just click on the maps app and go to Sat view? Not familiar wi ...

What you see with the maps app is what you will see with the I1 app using the iPad mini.
It's that way with the P2V+ app ground station...
2015-1-2
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

skillet Posted at 2015-1-2 12:45
Did you even try to scan the QR?

I scanned it and it did ask for the serial number and I had to stop there as I don't have the Inspire yet. But, it states on the download page that it is for the Android. Then in the manual it states that the IOSmis coming soon. I am sure that it is being done as I wrote to DJI earlier and asked what they thought would be best and what would work. The reply listed all Apple devices and that the best experience would be with a tablet. Also in their ads DJI is using an iPad Air. So I am a little confused as to what was going on. I did send an inquiry as to where I could get the App. I have not heard back yet which I am not surprised due to the Holiday. I imagine I will hear soon as it seems that they have added more people to customer service as I have written to them recently and the reply came quickly. So, I may hear today. I will post their answer here.
2015-1-2
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-1-2 08:36

In addition to to my earlier reply my Find my Phantom App works great. It is just like find my iPhone. Let me know if you need any further help with it an I will try my best to help.
2015-1-2
Use props
orthopod4u
lvl.1

Singapore

2015-1-2
Use props
mrbeans
New

United States

ios is out, you just need the serial. 2nd controller is exactly the same ,  read the manual in the FAQ's. I pads don't cost $1k .  Japanese version's use 900Mhz so the chopper can possibly will fly further.  the foam insert that comes with the case can be taken out and put in another case.  Any lanyard can be used with the remote.  the light bright output to HDMI delay is under 60ms, (already tested in person).  ground station will be released on later date.  most answer to question's because are in the manual available at. http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf  .  
2015-1-2
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-2 16:33
Skillet:

Because you can do the same with the two knobs on the controller without the screen.  We ...

I agree. But to play both sides for a moment there are a couple of times I can imagine wanting to control both aircraft and camera, albeit probably with programmable movement of the camera.

A nice smooth ascent (or any direction really, within close control and view of the pilot), while the camera pans 360° slowly. I know the Inspire (and even the P2) can handle fairly smooth rotations but it's not going to be as smooth as the camera gimbal.

Plus, in this case it'd be safer for me as a pilot to completely focus on flying the craft, rather than trying to fly and control the otherwise un-needed rotation.

Is there the chance of a programmable one-touch camera 360° pan?

2015-1-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Touch a friend and train him to be your camera operator.  Sometimes you just cannot do it all.  My videos in Tahoe showed me that.  If you want simple, single op is fine.  If you want complicated flight and camera movement, you have to have a camera operator.  Just my opinion.
2015-1-2
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

Why is a serial number required for iOS verion of app and not for android version?
2015-1-2
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because the ios is not officially out. Pleasee be patient.
2015-1-2
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

dale.kaechler@s Posted at 2015-1-3 03:57
Why is a serial number required for iOS verion of app and not for android version?

The app is not officially released folks, so stop asking how to download it and for serials !
anyway,its only eye candy without an inspire.
please wait.......
2015-1-2
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

The Android App Store now has the DJI Pilot app version 1.0 available.
It would not install directly to my Galaxy Tab 4.0 as it said not supported.
I was able to side load the version 1.0 by following the app link from the DJI website.
2015-1-2
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-2 13:22
I do not but most of the time I fly in Las Vegas.  Clouds are not a problem on my maps.  I have no ...

Yes please add to,your list. Apple maps in my area are very outdated.
2015-1-2
Use props
nar907
New

United States

What is the giant 20 miles big red circle on my map, in my home town?

I cannot upload a photo, but I am in Bellingham Washington, the furthest Northwest point of the lower 48.
2015-1-2
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

nar907@hotmail. Posted at 2015-1-3 11:11
What is the giant 20 miles big red circle on my map, in my home town?

I cannot upload a photo, but  ...

This would be the restricted fly zone around Bellingham International Airport (BLI), and should be a 5 mile radius. If I am reading things correctly, this is a Category B airport so you should be able to take off if you are further than 0.6 miles from the airport, but your height is limited. No waypoint flying (not yet available anyway) within 5 miles of airport.Additional details can be found at: http://www.dji.com/fly-safe
. image.jpg

2015-1-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bmancan Posted at 2015-1-3 11:29
This would be the restricted fly zone around Bellingham International Airport (BLI), and should be  ...

You are correct.  I live within that 5 mile radius in Las Vegas.  I can fly but not above 400' nor would I want to.  I see aircraft on their final descent over my home.  
2015-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules