DJI App
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antares Fortune
lvl.3
Flight distance : 410499 ft
United States

After having not flown in quite awhile, I got my drone out yesterday to go for a flight.  
The app wouldn't launch, saying it required it was missing something.  I don't recall what.  I was unable to update it, and when I looked on the playstore, it appeared that download a new version.  Ultimately, I downloaded the new version of the app and deleted the old.  Or at least I think I did.
It appears that some of the features of the old app are missing.  Things like remaining flight time, return to home limit, and the map in the lower left are missing.  Are these features behind the paywall?  Am I just a clown that didn't figure something out?

This one apparently has a subscription service.  It says that by paying for it, I'll be unlocking some features.  I haven't seen what is behind the paywall and I'm not inclined to pay for them without knowing what I'm getting.
Or maybe I'm just crazy.

2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please make sure to download the correct application for your DJI Phantom 4 straight to our website at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 . Our official app for the DJI Phantom 4 is a free application and it does not need any subscriptions at all. Click the link and download the app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-27
Use props
Antares Fortune
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-27 18:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please make sure to download the correct application for your DJI Phantom 4 straight to our website at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 . Our official app for the DJI Phantom 4 is a free application and it does not need any subscriptions at all. Click the link and download the app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Fantastic.  I'll do that today and will test it out, weather permitting, this weekend.  
Thank you.
2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Antares Fortune Posted at 7-28 02:10
Fantastic.  I'll do that today and will test it out, weather permitting, this weekend.  
Thank you.

You are most welcome, please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-7-30
Use props
Antares Fortune
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-30 02:53
You are most welcome, please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!

I got out today and took off.  I only flew about 30 seconds, but it appears that that solved my problem.  

Thank you so much,
Chris
2023-7-30
Use props
jirepty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239173 ft
Panama

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-27 18:33

This apk does not work on GL300E controller; Additional I can't see the maps; Does anyone have a solution.... I've already seen more than 30 tutorials and none of them work.

2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Antares Fortune Posted at 7-30 17:20
I got out today and took off.  I only flew about 30 seconds, but it appears that that solved my problem.  

Thank you so much,

Perfect! We're glad that the troubleshooting has worked on your end, Chris. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jirepty Posted at 7-30 20:46
This apk does not work on GL300E controller; Additional I can't see the maps; Does anyone have a solution.... I've already seen more than 30 tutorials and none of them work.

[view_image]

Sorry for the trouble, jirepty. DJI GO 4 downloaded from the DJI official website cannot be installed on the remote controller within a built-in screen, because the DJI GO 4 of the Phantom 4 remote controller within a built-in screen is a special app for the remote controller within a built-in screen that differs from the one on the official website. You may try to connect the RC to a network or internet connection then open the DJI Go 4 app. If there is a new version, use the two methods below:

1. Turn on the Controller then
2. Follow the remote controller’s firmware version for updating.
2023-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules