Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I rolled back to 1.2.1.06
1956 15 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

After updating the firmware to 1.3 for my flight exam to get rid of the annoying banner requesting me to update, I noticed that the inspire was not performing very well in holding GPS position in both Vertical and Horizontal planes.  I was getting some wild fluctuations in altitude, along with horizontal drifting with wind gusts.  Luckily, I passed the exam!  After some careful consideration, I decided to roll back to the previous FW version 1.2.1.06 to see if that made an improvement to the stability.
The downgrade was surprisingly fast, around 5 minutes and was without issues.  I test flew 3 batteries and the inspire is once again rock solid in GPS mode.  I would like to keep this version of the FW but that annoying banner asking me to upgrade has returned.  Is anyone aware of a way to switch this feature off, considering that a rollback is now authorised by DJI?
DJI-Dave?

Jason.

2015-8-30
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Don't know the answer to your question, but I have 2.1 in itunes app and I don't get the message to update.

I was under the impression that 2.1.0 was the most recent version because if you go to the app store it shows up as updated on the 13th of August and the version number is 2.1.0.

When I go the DJI website it shows 3.0 and was update the 4th of August.

Something doesn't make sense. The version numbers and dates are out of whack.

Based on what you are experiencing I will stick with 2.1.0
2015-8-30
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

remltr Posted at 2015-8-30 09:09
Don't know the answer to your question, but I have 2.1 in itunes app and I don't get the message to  ...

i think your getting the APP version confessed with the i1 FW he's referring too
2015-8-30
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

I would try reinstalling the FW with a new download... sometimes you need to do a EMU calibration afterward, they recommend it. I didn't, but I didn't holding issues. Just a suggestion.
2015-8-30
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Jason, the new firmware is a step backwards. The IOC is totally fubared with the latest version of FW as well which I was using quite a bit but can not with the latest version as the bird will not fly the same path back and forth. I too have noticed an instability in altitude and drift from the previous version of the FW.
2015-8-30
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-30 06:35
i think your getting the APP version confessed with the i1 FW he's referring too

You are correct. I need more sleep.
2015-8-30
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
United Kingdom

houston Posted at 2015-8-31 00:25
I agree with Jason, the new firmware is a step backwards. The IOC is totally fubared with the latest ...

Houston.  I agree, the bird is very erratic under the new FW.  For me at least, the rollback to 06 has restored all the stability.  It is once again rock solid.  It is something to consider and a quick fix (5 min downgrade time) if IOC is crucial to your requirements.  Now if I could just get rid of that banner.......

Jason
2015-8-31
Use props
Holx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ph02on Posted at 2015-8-31 18:03
Houston.  I agree, the bird is very erratic under the new FW.  For me at least, the rollback to 06 ...

Hi,
how did you do the downgrade?
Just for the inspire or also for remotes and batteries?
And did you go back to the old app?

Thanks
>Holger
2015-8-31
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Holx Posted at 2015-8-31 12:58
Hi,
how did you do the downgrade?
Just for the inspire or also for remotes and batteries?

Hi Holger.  Just the inspire.  Load the previous FW onto an SD card and proceed like you would a standard upgrade.  I left everything else alone.

Jason
2015-8-31
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

houston Posted at 2015-8-31 00:25
I agree with Jason, the new firmware is a step backwards. The IOC is totally fubared with the latest ...

Houtson,

I was out again yesterday and ran through three batteries.  Checked the IOC on first battery after reading your previous posts and it performed as it should, came back on the flight path as expected, left and right also good.   I am assuming that you reset the IOC  each time.  

Lets hope DJI release a new update soon for all the guys experiencing problems.

2015-8-31
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

I'm still on .06 as well flying like a dream!! Pilot app 1.1.2
2015-9-4
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

@Ph02on

I assume the banner you mention is a message to upgrade to 1.3. Is it something that can be dismissed or is a constant in your face?

I am thinking about going back to 1.2.1.06. At the same time I assume that the new DJI Go software coming Monday will include another firmware upate. I doubt it will address the issue being discussed here. I do want the point of interest function, so it might be a mute point for me.

2015-9-4
Use props
volvofreak007
New
Flight distance : 86232116 ft
Canada

Ph02on Posted at 2015-8-31 06:03
Houston.  I agree, the bird is very erratic under the new FW.  For me at least, the rollback to 06 ...

How did you rollback to a previous FW??
2015-9-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Previous FW versions are now on the download page.
2015-10-5
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Probably the speed restriction has also bad effects on stability. I have some stability problems since speed decreaded, they are not severe but I did not have them in Summer with older firmware and unrestricted speed.

However roll back to 1.21.06 - if even possible - is too risky as it will destroy the motors if even a light crash should happen sometime because they will not stop then.
2015-10-6
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

What is crazy is I have the updated version and have not had a single incident (knock on wood) and she is running like a dream! I wish the battery life was longer around 30-40 minutes and I'd feel like I had won the lottery! Go DGI !!!!  ;)
2015-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules