Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI,
i have a bad issue with my new updated Air 3.

When i am zooming out from 9x to 3x zoom, at factor 3,6x till 3,1x, the frame jumps to the left!
You can see that in my Video and that happens at a slow zooming speed oly, or it can be seen at that speed only.

But if I want to continue the recording with a zoom factor of 3x in the telephoto lens,
this jump in the picture is unacceptable and the recording is useless.  What can I do?

By the way, the zooming speed is way way to fast for a cinematic shot.
Can you maybe add a speed setting for the zoom wheel in the camera settings? So the zoom is almost useless, also because you can hardly keep it constant with the wheel if you want to zoom slowly?

Password: air

Thanks and regards

2023-7-29
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I 100% agree with the Zoom function being far to fast and jumpy on the wheel. An adjustment setting would be appreciated.
2023-7-30
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI,
Another observation is that even if the drone is on the ground and not flying and there is no wind, the gimbal moves the camera slightly by setting a focus point,
which leads to a different image detail, which can be seen very much in my example image can see well.

What is also very exhausting is the fact that the fix focus field immediately jumps to somewhere else after pressing the release button and becomes automatic a larger window!
But if I want to have exactly that area I have selected several times in a row, this is impossible.
It's also stupid that if the photo is still being processed and I already position the focus field, it jumps away again when the processing of the previously taken photo is finished and becomes a larger fokus frame.

Can you please change that and introduce a focus lock function, urgent?
Thanks and regards Guido
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MavGuido. Thank you for reaching out. Please try to shoot a third perspective view of the zoom operation showing the issue then provide it to us with the footage video, firmware versions, app version mobile model and system version, app log and tested time for further checking.
2023-7-31
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Ok i will try.
Beside, i have called the German support and they told me to refresh the firmware, i have done that and must verify if it is a solution, but the last days we have rain the whole day.
regards Guido
2023-7-31
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hello Gamora,
I've found the cause, it's a bit complicated to explain, since it doesn't happen in flight but while standing, but I'll try. :-) If I eg.
I would like to have a subject positioned in the middle of the picture and I place the drone on a solid surface, but the subject is not yet in the middle, then I have to move the drone, for example.
If you move it a little to the right, if I do exactly that, you can see how the gimbal does not stand still and instead prefers to stay in the previous position,
which is why you then have to position the drone again until the gimbal is finally in the right position stands, mind you all this already in the 9x magnification!
Now if you slowly zoom out to 3x, the gimbal will snap back to its old previous position where it wanted to stay before.
The Air3 doesn't do this anymore if you leave the drone like that and don't reorient it.

I know that the drone is actually meant for flying, but I love taking photos and videos with it even without flying because it has such a good quality! :-)

I haven't found a real solution, even though I know why the Air3 is acting like that and it's not defective.
With the photos, if you change the focus position by touch focus or use the manual focus,
it happens that the image section shifts, you can see this very well in my example photo.
Maybe this problem is due to the same cause as when zooming in the video that the gimbal is moving?

I have drawn a red frame in the photo, where you can see the badge of the police car quite well as it moves further and further to the left.

Thanks and regards Guido

Original Raws: https://we.tl/t-fOijstZFt6

Password: air

2023-8-1
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hello Gamora,
Unfortunately, my Air 3 is junk!
Finally I was able to test the drone in flight and it turned out that the problem is bigger than I thought!
I flew the drone up, positioned it and hit record with the 9x telephoto lens and you can see that in the video without me doing or changing anything, it just stood in the air!
The drone just keeps trembling to the left. With such behavior, I cannot use the drone.
Can I return it to my retailer and get a new one?
The whole thing took me a lot of time and I'm pretty disappointed!
Thanks and Greetings

Password: air3
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MavGuido Posted at 8-2 11:47
Hello Gamora,
Finally I was able to test the drone in flight and it turned out that the problem is bigger than I thought!

Hi, MavGuido. Thank you for the update and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Let me forward this concern to our relevant team for further checking. For the return policy, we suggest contacting the store where you purchased it from. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Gamora,

Hi there, we are concerned about the case you mentioned, could you please help to upload the original to a downloadable platform such as Dropbox or Google Drive, and export the corresponding flight log of this video via DJI Assistant 2 and send it to us for better investigation? Thank you very much.
2023-8-8
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 8-8 23:38
Hi there, we are concerned about the case you mentioned, could you please help to upload the original to a downloadable platform such as Dropbox or Google Drive, and export the corresponding flight log of this video via DJI Assistant 2 and send it to us for better investigation? Thank you very much.

Hello Susan,
Thanks for the support.
Unfortunately, I have now given the drone back to my seller and I have received a new one.
So the logs no longer exist? Unfortunately, I deleted the video files yesterday, but the ones on Vimeo show nothing else. The new drone also has this phenomenon, but not as much and I now suspect that this is due to strong winds and that the vibrations caused by the wind on the gimbal are particularly noticeable at 9x zoom.
What I also noticed, also with the new drone, is that if you zoom back from 9x to 3x, there is a short jump in the image at 3x, as if the subject were shifting briefly.

But what has to happen urgently, that you have to get a setting for the zoom sensitivity, because if you film in Cinama mode with sensitive gimbal movements, the much too aggressive and much too fast zoom is absolutely useless, that doesn't fit at all , basically you can't use the zoom speed and sensitivity for anything at the moment, at least that's how I see it personally. ;-)

Thanks and regards
PS. do you know why i can´t see my Drone in my productlist under my avatar? There is no Air3 listed.
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MavGuido Posted at 8-9 00:09
Hello Susan,
Thanks for the support.
Unfortunately, I have now given the drone back to my seller and I have received a new one.

Thank you very much for your reply. As the original drone is returned, the flight log saved on the aircraft can not be retrieved indeed.
The engineers will optimize the smoothness of zooming, please wait for the future update and see if your case will be optimized.
Regarding your feedback about the zooming speed, I have forwarded it to our engineers, hopefully, they will consider it.
For the Air 3 profile avatar, I am confirming if it is available now, I will keep you updated.
2023-8-9
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 8-9 04:02
Thank you very much for your reply. As the original drone is returned, the flight log saved on the aircraft can not be retrieved indeed.
The engineers will optimize the smoothness of zooming, please wait for the future update and see if your case will be optimized.
Regarding your feedback about the zooming speed, I have forwarded it to our engineers, hopefully, they will consider it.

DJI Susan Posted at 8-9 04:02For the Air 3 profile avatar, I am confirming if it is available now, I will keep you updated.

Hello Susan, i think this is a missunderstanding, i don´t need a Avatar in Air3 style,
i meen that my Air3 is not in the List of my bought DJI products those are shown in the List under my Avatar and Name.
The last one in it is the mini 3 pro as you can see although my air 3 is registered and logged in.
Regards Guido
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MavGuido Posted at 8-9 05:45
DJI Susan Posted at 8-9 04:02For the Air 3 profile avatar, I am confirming if it is available now, I will keep you updated.

Hello Susan, i think this is a missunderstanding, i don´t need a Avatar in Air3 style,

The DJI Air 3 is now under your avatar, but the picture is broken due to our system.
2023-8-11
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 8-11 02:50
The DJI Air 3 is now under your avatar, but the picture is broken due to our system. [view_image]

Thats very strange because the newest products are the first from up left to down right, now the latest is at last with the oldes phantom! Why? That must be an bug.
Regards Guido
2023-8-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

None of my new devices show up in the avatars. The air 3 nor my osmo action 4. Maybe that’s where they’re new out something.
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MavGuido Posted at 8-11 03:59
Thats very strange because the newest products are the first from up left to down right, now the latest is at last with the oldes phantom! Why? That must be an bug.
Regards Guido

Yes, I had forwarded this to the corresponding team as well.
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 8-11 12:27
None of my new devices show up in the avatars. The air 3 nor my osmo action 4. Maybe that’s where they’re new out something.

Please try to sync one of the flights from Air 3 to the cloud and check again. I have also informed the corresponding team to check and add the devices to your account. They may take care of it during week day. Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-11 20:02
Please try to sync one of the flights from Air 3 to the cloud and check again. I have also informed the corresponding team to check and add the devices to your account. They may take care of it during week day. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for the help and I hope all is well for you and yours DJI Susan!! I’ve synced all my flights and I don’t knots if there is anything I can try to sync with the osmo action 4 but I just figure it’s because they are just new products. I remember basically the same thing happened when the Mavis mini came out. Into eventually get sorted out.
2023-8-11
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Hello Gamora,

Air3 has 3x optical zoom anything beyond that is cropping the video further & more you zoom (more crop) you will start seeing even tiny wind movement due to wind gust.

You will be better zooming 4k footage in editing where you can also use stabilization, that will give far superior output than what you are getting now.   
2023-8-13
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Brand new Infos!
2023-8-13
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 8-9 04:02

Hello Susan,
the new Air3 also has the problem that the image and thus the drone moves in stationary flight.
You can see that the drone turns in a certain direction.
Of course you can see it even more in the zoom.
This phenomenon cannot come from wind gusts, because then this movement would not be as constant and would instead occur spontaneously like the gusts.
The Mavic Air had exactly the same phenomenon before, it moved by itself from its place even in standing flight with a certain firmware, DJI stopped this after a firmware update.
Can you tell me where I can upload a sample video and flight data in a privacy safe way?
Thanks and regards
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 8-11 21:18
Thank you for the help and I hope all is well for you and yours DJI Susan!! I’ve synced all my flights and I don’t knots if there is anything I can try to sync with the osmo action 4 but I just figure it’s because they are just new products. I remember basically the same thing happened when the Mavis mini came out. Into eventually get sorted out.

Please rest assured, the new products icon has been added to your profile.
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MavGuido Posted at 8-13 20:59
Hello Susan,
the new Air3 also has the problem that the image and thus the drone moves in stationary flight.
You can see that the drone turns in a certain direction.

Thank you for your update on this case and appreciate your assistance on sending back the information. I sent you a link on our enterprise pan for you to upload the files.

Kindly help to export the aircraft log data from the aircraft of the corresponding flight, thank you very much.
2023-8-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-14 04:41
Please rest assured, the new products icon has been added to your profile.

Thank you DJI Susan, the place holders are indeed there, but like you mentioned in a previous post (#14), they are blank. So it's being worked on which is excellent!! Hope you have a great day DJI Susan!!
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 8-14 05:24
Thank you DJI Susan, the place holders are indeed there, but like you mentioned in a previous post (#14), they are blank. So it's being worked on which is excellent!! Hope you have a great day DJI Susan!!

The IT dept. is aware of the blank icon issue, hopefully, they will fix it soon.
2023-8-14
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 8-14 04:47
Thank you for your update on this case and appreciate your assistance on sending back the information. I sent you a link on our enterprise pan for you to upload the files.

Kindly help to export the aircraft log data from the aircraft of the corresponding flight, thank you very much.

Hello Susan,
I have now again dealt extensively with the subject and completed a few test flights at different heights,
with zoom and without zoom and have come to the conclusion that the movements described are probably due to wind.
The drone moves most strongly just above the ground and at high altitude, whereby one can say that the higher, the stronger the movement.
If the drone flies at head height and up to 10m, there is hardly any movement, even in windy conditions.
Since we have had a lot of wind in the last few months, I assume that the effect comes from there.
If I notice the opposite in the future, I will upload the data. Many thanks for the support.

Thanks and Regards Guido
2023-8-14
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hello Susan,
I did a few more tests because of the frame jump effect and my new Air3 also has the same problem.

So that you know better what I'm talking about, I've made you an explanatory video with text and I'll upload the original in your link.
Thank you for your feedback.

Password: air3
2023-8-20
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hello Susan,
i have upload the two original mp4 files and the flight log.

Please let me know what the team is finding out and whats the problem and if you can fix this in a firmware. :-)
Thanks Guido
2023-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules