Mavic Mini 249g first setup HELP no connect * newbie
975 15 2023-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sammykay777
lvl.1

United States

hello, i just was given a mavic 249g. purchased the proper remote model MR1SD25 it charges and powers on.,. drone also takes & holds charge.. and cannot figure out why things will not connect to each other .
installed the DJI Go Fly authentic app, connecting to iphone 13.
Is this model drone still supported with an app?
i go into connection guide on app and given several models to choose but none say Mavic 249 ultra light.. so i choose the MAVIC MINI (last option on screen).
is that my model? will not connect via bluetooth either.
Should i try another phone? but i only have iphone cable. Thinking of making a temporary micro usb "older style' plug cord for it by splicing the two small ends of a micro usb together is that doable will wiring be correct if i match wire for wire (4 wires)....or will i bake the board?
any help much appreciated. i will be using it to have fun here on the farm lots of open spaces to fly around..
thank you so much for any advice or tips.. sammy k

drone.jpg
2023-7-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

So, there are 3 mini models that look like that - the Mini 1 and Min 2 and SE. Does yours say Mini 2 on the Arm? Drone needs the Dji Fly app and not the GO4 app, also you need to pair the RC to the drone and you do this by going into the Dji Fly app, connection, camera view, select 3 dots at top right, select control from menu, scroll all the way to the bottom and hit connect to Aircraft. At this stage the RC will start beeping and then you press the power button and hold for 5 seconds( drone must be powered on first) and both will pair. If you have the mIni 2 then you should have the RCN1 remote, that remote looks like its for the Mini 1

2023-7-31
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

That is the original Mavic Mini (not Mini 1 or 2) and it uses the DJI Fly app, not Go4.
I think this was the first 249g drone from DJI, released in october 2019.
You can find some tutorials and instruction videos on the DJI website, and also on youtube.
2023-7-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The MR1SD25 controller is the CE spec controller for the CE spec Mavic Mini and the CE spec Mini SE, is the drone a CE spec Mavic Mini, model no MT1SD25, or a CE spec Mini SE , model no MT2SD25 ? If not then post the model number in a reply etc..
The drone's model number is probably on the label in the battery compartment but you may need a magnifying glass to read it.

You are, apparently, in the USA and if the drone is a FCC spec Mavic Mini or an FCC spec Mini SE then you NEED the MR1SS5 controller.
Sorry but if you have the wrong controller all you can do is get the correct controller.
Additionally the Mavic Mini /Mine SE controllers will not work with ANY of the mini 2 drones and vice versa.

From the look of the back of the front arm, soft foam insert, you probably have a Mavic Mini but that is a bit of a wild guess. Better to check the drone arm, as suggest, and the drone's label for the FCC/CE model number.

2023-7-31
Use props
sammykay777
lvl.1

United States

Suren Posted at 7-31 21:11
So, there are 3 mini models that look like that - the Mini 1 and Min 2 and SE. Does yours say Mini 2 on the Arm? Drone needs the Dji Fly app and not the GO4 app, also you need to pair the RC to the drone and you do this by going into the Dji Fly app, connection, camera view, select 3 dots at top right, select control from menu, scroll all the way to the bottom and hit connect to Aircraft. At this stage the RC will start beeping and then you press the power button and hold for 5 seconds( drone must be powered on first) and both will pair. If you have the mIni 2 then you should have the RCN1 remote, that remote looks like its for the Mini 1
[view_image]
[view_image]

thank you.  it is not a 2 it says mavic mini on the arm under blade cover. i shall try your tips today and let you know thank you very much
2023-8-1
Use props
sammykay777
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-31 23:39
The MR1SD25 controller is the CE spec controller for the CE spec Mavic Mini and the CE spec Mini SE, is the drone a CE spec Mavic Mini, model no MT1SD25, or a CE spec Mini SE , model no MT2SD25  ? If not then post the model number in a reply etc..
The drone's model number is probably on the label in the battery compartment but you may need a magnifying glass to read it.

the remote model is MR1SD25.  the drone says mavic mini on blade arm. not a 2.. drone label under battery (FOUND IT!!) - MT1SS5
?? Correct remote match up?
thank you for the help
2023-8-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sammykay777 Posted at 8-1 00:34
the remote model is MR1SD25.  the drone says mavic mini on blade arm. not a 2.. drone label under battery (FOUND IT!!) - MT1SS5
thank you for the help

Answer NO
Why? CE compliant controller, FCC compliant drone, see
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v1.2_enI.pdf

Solution? Buy a FCC compliant controller and read the manual.
2023-8-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-31 21:11
So, there are 3 mini models that look like that - the Mini 1 and Min 2 and SE.

Oh Suren, you bad boy! lol
There are 4 mini models of that type, Mavic Mini, Mini SE, Mini 2, Mini 2SE ...... or should that be 6 when one considers the CE & FCC versions of the first two
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please DM the serial number of the drone for us to confirm the model? As also mentioned by ArcticPhoto from reply #3, it should be the DJI Fly app. Here is a video to guide you on setting up your drone.

Please reach back if you're still experiencing an issue. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-1
Use props
sammykay777
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-1 02:56
Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please DM the serial number of the drone for us to confirm the model? As also mentioned by ArcticPhoto from reply #3, it should be the DJI Fly app. Here is a video to guide you on setting up your drone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI31SUeHpAY
Please reach back if you're still experiencing an issue. Have a great day ahead.

Not sure how to send you a DM I have photo of the model number info can u DM me and I can reply?
2023-8-1
Use props
sammykay777
lvl.1

United States

The MR1SD25 controller is the CE spec controller for the CE spec Mavic Mini and the CE spec Mini SE, is the drone a CE spec Mavic Mini, model no MT1SD25, or a CE spec Mini SE , model no MT2SD25 ? If not then post the model number in a reply etc..

Yes there’s an FCC number.  Found the controller you mention on eBay thank you. I guess I’ll try to resell the wrong one I got on eBay it was only $20.
2023-8-1
Use props
sammykay777
lvl.1

United States

Another question! The remote was given to us by friend who got it in some kind of auction.  So do I need the remote to even check and see if the drone is already registered to someone else? And if it is registered it’s worthless to me, is that right?
2023-8-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sammykay777 Posted at 8-1 05:29
Another question! The remote was given to us by friend who got it in some kind of auction.  So do I need the remote to even check and see if the drone is already registered to someone else? And if it is registered it’s worthless to me, is that right?

"And if it is registered it’s worthless to me, is that right?"
Wrong
The binding you are referring to is not applicable to the Mavic Mini, the Mavic Mini and its controller CAN NOT be bound in that way .......... more's the pity.

Which means anyone, with the App or Litchi etc. and an appropriate controller, can fly it. Including anyone who might steal the drone from you or find your drone if you lost it.
I'd like to be able to bind the Mavic Mini etc. to prevent such people from using it if those circumstances ever arise.

I think you need to spend some time reading the manual.
2023-8-1
Use props
sammykay777
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-1 06:05
"And if it is registered it’s worthless to me, is that right?"
Wrong
The binding you are referring to is not applicable to the Mavic Mini, the Mavic Mini and its controller CAN NOT be bound in that way .......... more's the pity.

Thanks yes I have manual and thanks for the info your very helpful!
2023-8-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-1 01:57
Oh Suren, you bad boy! lol
There are 4 mini models of that type, Mavic Mini, Mini SE, Mini 2, Mini 2SE ...... or should that be 6 when one considers the CE & FCC versions of the first two

I forgot about those
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

sammykay777 Posted at 8-1 05:11
Not sure how to send you a DM I have photo of the model number info can u DM me and I can reply?

Hi there. I just sent you a DM. Please kindly check your inbox. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules