New Inspire 3 Firmware Released (01/17/2024)
12Next >
6606 48 2023-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview
  • Date:2024.01.17
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.06.00
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.04.05.02
  • Intelligent Battery Firmware: v04.01.00.64
  • Charging Hub Firmware: v05.02.13.46
  • Zenmuse X9-8K Air Firmware: v01.00.23.00
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: v5.4.1.3
  • DJI Assistant 2 (DJI Inspire Series): v2.0.1
  • Firmware Upgrade Method:        Aircraft: DJI Assistant 2 / DJI Pilot 2
  • Remote Controller: DJI Assistant 2 / DJI Pilot 2
  • DJI Pilot 2 app: will be updated with the remote controller firmware
  • Charging Hub: DJI Pilot 2 (Connect the Charging Hub to the remote controller and update it on the HMS page in the DJI Pilot 2 app.)

What’s New
  • Added support for civil uncrewed aircraft owners to register their aircraft with CAAC using their real names to comply with the uncrewed aircraft-related regulations in China.
  • When connecting to the DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor, added the ability to control focus, aperture, and start/stop recording through the Right Hand Grip or DJI Three-Channel Follow Focus without obtaining the gimbal control.

Notes
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 or DJI Assistant 2 (DJI Inspire Series), and retry.

Overview:

• Date: 2023.11.07
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.05.00
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.04.04.00
  • Intelligent Battery Firmware: v04.01.00.64
  • Charging Hub Firmware: v05.02.13.46
  • Zenmuse X9-8K Air Firmware: v01.00.23.00
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: v5.3.1.1
  • Firmware Upgrade Method:   
Aircraft: DJI Assistant 2 / DJI Pilot 2
Remote Controller: DJI Assistant 2 / DJI Pilot 2
DJI Pilot 2 app: will be updated with the remote controller firmware
Charging Hub: DJI Pilot 2 (Connect the Charging Hub to the remote controller and update it on the HMS page in the DJI Pilot 2 app.)

What’s New
  • Added Vision Assist.
  • Added Preflight Check.Added Cruise Control.
  • Added Timed Shot.   
  • Added Edit Flight.
  • Added Standby at Start Point when using Repeatable Routes mode.
  • Added support to display propulsion system status when using Sport mode or Attitude mode.
  • Added support to automatically detect the propeller guard installation status when the aircraft takes off.
  • Added support to add files to My Favorites when using Album.
  • Added support to start/stop recording and enable/disable auto focus using the button on DJI Three-Channel Follow Focus when the remote controller and remote monitor are connected using cables.
  • Added support to display altitude detected by the downward infrared sensing system in all flight modes.
  • Added support to display horizontal obstacle information when using Sport mode.
  • Added support to record Camera Index and Reel Count to the metadata.
  • Added vibration notification to the remote controller when the aircraft is hovering after takeoff.
  • Updated Smart Return to Home to maintain the previous settings after the remote controller is powered on.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 or DJI Assistant 2 (DJI Inspire Series), and retry.

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.08.01
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.04.00
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.04.05.00
  • Intelligent Battery Firmware: v04.01.00.61
  • Charging Hub Firmware: v05.02.13.44
  • Zenmuse X9-8K Air Firmware: v01.00.22.12
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: v5.2.2.1
  • Firmware Upgrade Method:        Aircraft: DJI Assistant 2 / DJI Pilot 2
  • Remote Controller: DJI Assistant 2 / DJI Pilot 2
  • DJI Pilot 2 app: will be updated with the remote controller firmware
  • Charging Hub: DJI Pilot 2 (Connect the Charging Hub to the remote controller and update it on the HMS page in the DJI Pilot 2 app.)

What’s New
  • Fixed some minor bugs and improved aircraft flight stability.

Notes:

2023-8-1
Use props
IronBird_Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47425 ft
United Kingdom

Has this update addressed the absence of ProRes 4444XQ in the available codecs?
2023-8-2
Use props
Johnny1000
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9319501 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This is a really small firmware update, but actually a big update would be needed with essential functions like the possibility to record ProRes 4444, additional functions in photo mode (AEB, Burst Mode etc.) and some other improvements that are already discussed here in the DJI Forum.

When can we expect a bigger Firmware Update with additional features? In my opinion a Roadmap for the Future of the Inspire 3 would be great.
2023-8-2
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have no idea how big a firmware update this really is because we don't know what bugs were fixed or what stability issues it may have addressed... i.e. not so smooth yaw even with gain setting adjustment.
2023-8-2
Use props
SH PROD
lvl.1

France

Thanks for this update,

FEATURES NEEDED FOR PROFESSIONAL USE :

-Hyperlapse + waypoint pro
-Photo mode (AEB, Burst Mode, pano,360)
-Waypoint with focus distance
- Trajectory  accurency of the auto smoothing curve with RTK when same trajectory but different speed

and more

Thank you!
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SH PROD Posted at 8-9 15:16
Thanks for this update,

Hi, SH PROD. Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to share these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

IronBird_Aerial Posted at 8-2 05:21
Has this update addressed the absence of ProRes 4444XQ in the available codecs?

Hi, IronBird_Aerial. Thank you for reaching out. DJI does not currently plan to add support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ. CinemaDNG is supported by DJI Inspire 3, allowing maximum versatility with its captured footage in post-production. Meanwhile, Apple ProRes 422 HQ offers even better quality. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnny1000 Posted at 8-2 06:13
This is a really small firmware update, but actually a big update would be needed with essential functions like the possibility to record ProRes 4444, additional functions in photo mode (AEB, Burst Mode etc.) and some other improvements that are already discussed here in the DJI Forum.

When can we expect a bigger Firmware Update with additional features? In my opinion a Roadmap for the Future of the Inspire 3 would be great.

Hi, Johnny1000. Please refer to my reply to this post regarding ProRes 4444XQ. Other information you have mentioned will be forwarded as suggestions of yours. Thank you for your continued support and kind understanding.
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ScooterC5 Posted at 8-2 09:20
We have no idea how big a firmware update this really is because we don't know what bugs were fixed or what stability issues it may have addressed... i.e. not so smooth yaw even with gain setting adjustment.

Hi, ScooterC5. Thank you for reaching out. For this one, can you please provide us with a sample video showing the issue for us to further check? You may also open another thread for this specific issue and send us the link. Thank you.
2023-8-29
Use props
mikereidphotography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1897126 ft
United States

My fear is in about a year, an Inspire 3 Pro will come out, with all the missing codecs and features…like the M3P did.
2023-9-9
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have just received this from DJI Support after a lot of back and forth, hope this answers some of your questions

"Sorry about the waiting.

After communicating with our engineers, They confirmed to me that we do not have a plan to include this function in future updates. But now they are aware of this issue and will take your suggestion into account when we plan for future updates. Based on your situation, it's better for you to return it if AEB is a necessity for your work."
2023-9-11
Use props
JJungPhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 946362 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikereidphotography Posted at 9-9 09:48
My fear is in about a year, an Inspire 3 Pro will come out, with all the missing codecs and features…like the M3P did.

I didn't even think of this.... That'd be horrible and a slap in the face...
2023-10-18
Use props
vegasti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9389341 ft
  • >>>
Norway

SH PROD Posted at 8-9 15:16
Thanks for this update,

I agree with this.
Especially hyperlapse + waypoint pro with RTK is currently a missed opportunity.
I've also seen DJI, quite arrogantly stating that this is a video drone and photo features are not a priority.
But that should not rule out such standard features, in my eyes, since you basically have it on every other drone. I use the drone primarily for professional filming, but it would be nice if the drone were equally capable in photo mode as the client sometimes expects photos for a poster or something. Some directors even know about hyperlapses with drones and also expect the drone op to deliver.

I'm also grateful for this new update. The stand out feature this firmware is cruise control, now we can make those slow clips Apple uses easely
2023-11-7
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-29 06:13
Hi, ScooterC5. Thank you for reaching out. For this one, can you please provide us with a sample video showing the issue for us to further check? You may also open another thread for this specific issue and send us the link. Thank you.

LOl, that would never happen!

The larger concern is when the mavic 4 comes out next year with the ability to shoot 6k and 8k 30fps, will it replace your I3 investment similar to what happened when the mavic 3 came out with specs that matched the I2 with even better colors?

Yes the x7 was an amazing upgrade for the I2, but the overall use of the mavic 3 made it a better choice to use 90 percent of the time for professional work.

The inspire 3 is a solid drone finally.  

What needs to be improved and replaced in the next two-three years is the x9 camera which has beautiful low light 8k footage but issues with rolling shutter and a too sensitive sensor over exposing and blowing out the sky and water color with mid-day or bright weather when shooting in ProRes Raw 60 fps.  We need built in ND filters next time
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Josephsmith Posted at 11-8 10:52
LOl, that would never happen!

The larger concern is when the mavic 4 comes out next year with the ability to shoot 6k and 8k 30fps, will it replace your I3 investment similar to what happened when the mavic 3 came out with specs that matched the I2 with even better colors?

Hi, Josephsmith. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-8
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

Added support to display horizontal obstacle information when using Sport mode. This is great news this is resolved!
2023-11-9
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Charger / Pilot 2 bug:

The batteries get updated from .61 to .64. Sadly this can't be done trough the charger. I tried it and it said all batteries are latest, even showing some with still .61 and some with already .64 firmware.
So I had to restart the I3 with every battery set and update each set once it said inspide Pilot 2 there woud be some aircraft modles that needed to be updated.

Please fix this for the next firmware. So we can updated all batteries trough the charger again, like we could for .61.
2023-11-14
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

We need AEB.. Honestly why cant a small software feature be added to this list!
2023-11-14
Use props
filmpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26847976 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Added Vision Assist:

I don’t see how to use this. I had this update on my Mavic 3 Cine and it was extremely useful, having the extra cam pictire in picture from each sensor. Does anyone know how to enable this?
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

filmpilot Posted at 11-15 00:45
Added Vision Assist:

I don’t see how to use this. I had this update on my Mavic 3 Cine and it was extremely useful, having the extra cam pictire in picture from each sensor. Does anyone know how to enable this?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. If you would like to start the Vision Assist Fuction, you could enter the camera view in DJI Pilot 2 and tap [···] > [aircraft icon] , scroll down and enable Vision Assist for the DJI Inspire 3. Thanks.
2023-11-15
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Coyut Posted at 11-14 01:13
Charger / Pilot 2 bug:

The batteries get updated from .61 to .64. Sadly this can't be done trough the charger. I tried it and it said all batteries are latest, even showing some with still .61 and some with already .64 firmware.

There is nothing wrong with the charger. You need to update the firmware of the charger before it will update the firmware of the batteries. Instructions for this is in the DJI manual. I successfully updated all my batteries via the charger.
2023-11-15
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Any word if the drone will get the EASA C2 classification retrospectively.

It would solve a lot of problems for me if it did.
2023-11-20
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

Mike9129 Posted at 11-20 05:54
Any word if the drone will get the EASA C2 classification retrospectively.

It would solve a lot of problems for me if it did.

I guess not. The main problem is probably the generated impact force because of the weight and the speed it can fly.
Generated liftoff noise is probably another limitation.
They could have produced some smaller batteries and stay in the weight limit but that alone would not solve the C2 requirements. To get it into A2 airspace you will at least need some parachutes and a fts system.

Thats why we are working on a own SORA to use it for urban stuff.

I also told DJI that they could offer a generic SORA draft, that would help a lot of people, and save money, to get a own SORA.
A integrated, redundant parachute and fts system would help also a lot. Otherwise we will have to wait until there are certified systems to add on.
I also don't like the idea to plus something else between the batteries and I3 to get a fets solution. This just screams for problems.

The EASA regulations are interpretated differntly by every country...
So in France its possible to get a A2 certification by adding a fts system and parachutes. Even those systems are not EASA certified... as they legaly would need to be.
Some countries say parachutes are no option while other countries again make limitations on the system that shoots out the chute (explosives, CO2 etc.)

So even the idea behind the EASA rules to spread out the same rules to different countries made things even worse than before, because every country adopts differently.
So unless EASA gets up to speed and adopts faster and fills the gaps, that countries do by them self to offer some solutions,  its just crap.
I mean come on... even the PDRA'a are not finalized and usable at all over a year since the new rules.

So to finalize. I would not hope/wait for any C2 certification of the I3 with a X9.
If you need to fly in A2 you will need to get your own SORA, or use a C2 certified drone.

But I would be more than happy if DJI finds a way to get it C2 certified.
2023-11-22
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Ireland

Coyut Posted at 11-22 01:40
I guess not. The main problem is probably the generated impact force because of the weight and the speed it can fly.
Generated liftoff noise is probably another limitation.
They could have produced some smaller batteries and stay in the weight limit but that alone would not solve the C2 requirements. To get it into A2 airspace you will at least need some parachutes and a fts system.

Yeah, Its a massive problem for us here in Ireland.

I am keeping an eye on the Dronavia FTS + Parachute kit for the inspire 3, they are promising that it will be m.2 certified which would be a big help. The issue again is that DJI specifically say that the drone is not designed to have any 3rd party equipment fitted.

I am very surprised that DJI could not offer a firmware update to allow the drone to fly in the C2 category by limiting its speed and/or height. You will still not be flying over people, but the 50m limit is a lot more useable than the 150m distance limit of the C3 marking.

I would be very interested in the SORA you are building if you would be wouldnt mind sharing it? It is a process that is not very well defined here and it looks to be the only way to realistically fly the inspire 3 in any sort of built up area. the PDRA - 01 / STS -01 might also provide ways to achieve some flights, but they are still not ideal in that we would have to equip the aircraft with additional items, changing the way it balances and flys.

its a bit of a disaster.

I cannot figure out why we have such restrictions in the EU when i see people in the US flying over people with drones every day of the week. I dont think weve ever had a drone related death in the EU. they seem to be extremely safe by all accounts.
2023-11-23
Use props
Patrick_D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 834465 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Mike9129 Posted at 11-23 09:09

I am keeping an eye on the Dronavia FTS + Parachute kit for the inspire 3, they are promising that it will be m.2 certified which would be a big help. The issue again is that DJI specifically say that the drone is not designed to have any 3rd party equipment fitted.

I absolutely agree with Coyut and Mike9129. I would love to concentrate on all the nice features of this device but basically not being able to fly it in urban areas (we are settled in Germany) is a big thing. We fly a lot of high quality productions where a codec like CDNG 8.1K is perfect to fit in with usual cinematic camera equipment but in the fewest times those shootings take place on an empty field outside from cities. STS and SORA processes are not suitable for projects in the movie industry as the STS does not really fit our specific needs and both (at least in Germany) come with a processing time of 20 weeks and hundreds of EURos. And by that I mean the application for one flight maneuver not a general permission which might only be given after several single applications. Name one production company which is able to tell me exactly what, when, where and how to fly 20 weeks prior to a shooting day...20weeks earlier they do not even know that the drone is going to happen
So anything that leads to a C2 classification is HIGHLY DESIRED for I guess everybody flying this technically great built bird in EUROPE!

It's really kind of sad, that DJI seemed not to have an eye on that or is not announcing any work or idea on that (so far, afaik)

Safe flights guys!
2023-11-24
Use props
djiuser_BHaRFH4NrN8T
lvl.1

Sweden

What is timed shot? Why still no interval photo and hyperlapse?? Come on, time is running up, just do it!!
2023-11-24
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BHaRFH4NrN8T Posted at 11-24 11:41
What is timed shot? Why still no interval photo and hyperlapse?? Come on, time is running up, just do it!!

Timed shot is interval photo and also integrated into Waypoint Pro to create a hyperlapse. Come on, realize what you're asking for is already there.
2023-11-25
Use props
djiuser_BHaRFH4NrN8T
lvl.1

Sweden

ScooterC5 Posted at 11-25 10:50
Timed shot is interval photo and also integrated into Waypoint Pro to create a hyperlapse. Come on, realize what you're asking for is already there.

Truly I couldn't be happier. If you say it, I believe it. But why did I have to ask a forum..? I couldn't find anything about what this was anywhere. Didn´t find the Waypoint Pro integration though but will have a check later today. Where did you find the info..?   Thanks! I do miss a good runtrough about the news, or is it just me?
2023-11-27
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

Mike9129 Posted at 11-23 09:09

I am keeping an eye on the Dronavia FTS + Parachute kit for the inspire 3, they are promising that it will be m.2 certified which would be a big help. The issue again is that DJI specifically say that the drone is not designed to have any 3rd party equipment fitted.

Sorry I can't share any SORA information.
We are a group of  Swiss aerial production companies that share the cost and effor for a I3 SORA.
If you ask one of the companies, who offer custom SORA request services, it will cost you about 30K to get all assignements and papers done.
In the end it all depends on the national airspace authority if they give green light or not. So even 30K will not warranty that you will be able to fly.

I already told DJI a few times that  this is the place where their legal team could do great work and push sales.
2023-11-27
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Ireland

Coyut Posted at 11-27 05:28
Sorry I can't share any SORA information.
We are a group of  Swiss aerial production companies that share the cost and effor for a I3 SORA.
If you ask one of the companies, who offer custom SORA request services, it will cost you about 30K to get all assignements and papers done.

Not at all! That makes perfect sense. I am just in a similar situation here with the restrictions.

May I ask what the objectives of the SORA are? As in do you think you will be able to overfly populated areas or are you just hoping to fly closer to populated areas but over a controlled ground zone?
2023-11-27
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BHaRFH4NrN8T Posted at 11-27 01:41
Truly I couldn't be happier. If you say it, I believe it. But why did I have to ask a forum..? I couldn't find anything about what this was anywhere. Didn´t find the Waypoint Pro integration though but will have a check later today. Where did you find the info..?   Thanks! I do miss a good runtrough about the news, or is it just me?

DJI definitely could have done a better job with their release notes description on this, along with updating the manual detail the new features. I basically figured out exactly what 'timed photo' did by updating the firmware and exploring it and then checking to see if there was an 'Action' setting for it in Waypoint Pro, and there was. Here is one video DJI did that speaks to a few of them, but not what I mentioned: You might join the Facebook group 'DJI Inspire 3 - professional users' where I have posted some of the details for this.
2023-11-27
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

Mike9129 Posted at 11-27 07:18
Not at all! That makes perfect sense. I am just in a similar situation here with the restrictions.

May I ask what the objectives of the SORA are? As in do you think you will be able to overfly populated areas or are you just hoping to fly closer to populated areas but over a controlled ground zone?

We are still work in progress, as the Swiss airspace authority is overloaded with requests all over the place.
Sometimes its also hard that they actually understand what we do and what we need. For some of them its not understandable why we don't shoot with a Mini So each time there is a new worker involved you start over with explaining again what we do for professional aerial work.
In the end it comes all down to a fts system and reducing kinetic energy in case of a fail.
We are still discussing about parachutes. They like the idea but there are no EASA certified systems yet.
So in theory its not possible to use any parachute system yet, as they would need to be EASA certified. But in France you can get a SORA with a chute system enclosed... So its up to national solutions again until they actually come up with some decisssions in Brussel. Thats not the initial idea of EASA but anybody sees that they need another couple of years to get where the industry would need it to be today.
There is also a discussion what kind of release systems they accept. There are systems with springs, CO2 cartridges and even some with explosive charges. Explosives are fast, but bring other problems that might occur under a national explosives or transportation law.
The less time it takes to deploy the parachute, the lower it will be possible to fly over some people if the kinetic Energy gets low enough.
Right now we got a special permits to still fly under the old Swiss rules till February 24. This because we placed our first SORA request before August 23 and are still waiting on decissions and feedback from them. So currently I can still fly downtown almost any time of the day and fly way above the 120m AGL limit with a up to 25kg drone   I guess they will renew our permissions as I would be surprised if we get the SORA by February, as they are the overloaded bottleneck.
But they like that we are a group of professionals who also got some airspace professionals involved. So they actually need just to deal with one SORA request that is done with the requirements and language they want and aunderstand. Once that one is cleared with them,  we will then make copy paste requests for the rest of our interest group. So they see they got less work in total and that will speed up the process for anybody.

I really don't see a big chance for somebody outside of the airspace industry doing a SORA by them self.
Sure its possible if you spend a lot of time researching and learning. But even to just define a risk assignment so that they will accept it is not easy, as they usually work just with people in the airspace industry and their own language.  Its also easy to define something to strict in a SORA, which will handicap you sometime. Its better to specify things as loose as possible so you got more felxibility in the end.
2023-11-28
Use props
Shanu
New

Pakistan

hi thanks for sharing such an amazing info and you know the 1st website where i got captions is so good like yours reply
2023-12-2
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Johnny1000 Posted at 8-2 06:13

Just picked up the $900 license for Inspire 3.  Apparently you can’t import ProRes Raw 59.94 into Davinci Resolve.  I bought it yesterday specifically for a client who had a job last evening and I sure looked bad as I could not edit the Inspire 3 footage.  Nowhere did DJI advise me that it would not work in DaVinci Resolve. I want a refund.  How do you return a license?
2023-12-4
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just picked up the $900 license for Inspire 3.  Apparently you can’t import ProRes Raw 59.94 into Davinci Resolve.  I bought it yesterday specifically for a client who had a job last evening and I sure looked bad as I could not edit the Inspire 3 footage.  Nowhere did DJI advise me that it would not work in DaVinci Resolve. I want a refund.  How do you return a license?
2023-12-4
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans98d63e0a Posted at 12-4 10:17

ProRes Raw works in FCP. CinemaDNG works in Resolve. Neither one crosses over to the other platform. You're blaming DJI for not advising you where a codec works? That is really not their responsibility. As a professional, you should either know, or research in advance as to how you're going to use the codec, where, and if you really need it before buying it. If you must use the ProRes Raw footage in Resolve, you can purchase this converter to convert to CinemaDNG and then use that in Resolve.https://www.rawconvertor.com/
2023-12-4
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ScooterC5 Posted at 11-25 10:50
Timed shot is interval photo and also integrated into Waypoint Pro to create a hyperlapse. Come on, realize what you're asking for is already there.

I noticed it the other day, not sure I will use it, but cool.
2023-12-7
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ScooterC5 Posted at 12-4 12:56
ProRes Raw works in FCP. CinemaDNG works in Resolve. Neither one crosses over to the other platform. You're blaming DJI for not advising you where a codec works? That is really not their responsibility. As a professional, you should either know, or research in advance as to how you're going to use the codec, where, and if you really need it before buying it. If you must use the ProRes Raw footage in Resolve, you can purchase this converter to convert to CinemaDNG and then use that in Resolve.https://www.rawconvertor.com/

I use Assimilate, I would like to hear from others who do to get their thoughts. I actually started with Raw Converter but it would appear that you have to buy a licence for each camera!
2023-12-7
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans98d63e0a Posted at 12-4 10:17

Your license will include CDNG, the ProRes Raw license also includes CDNG. The images we get are amazing.
2023-12-7
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 12-4 12:56
ProRes Raw works in FCP. CinemaDNG works in Resolve. Neither one crosses over to the other platform. You're blaming DJI for not advising you where a codec works? That is really not their responsibility. As a professional, you should either know, or research in advance as to how you're going to use the codec, where, and if you really need it before buying it. If you must use the ProRes Raw footage in Resolve, you can purchase this converter to convert to CinemaDNG and then use that in Resolve.https://www.rawconvertor.com/

I guess it’s from buying DJI products for 10 plus years…and expecting all promised features to be delivered.  Many of us knows what happens.  DJI has the gold…they make the rules.  So I do vent from time to time from this love / hate relationship.  Only human.
2023-12-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules