New Inspire 3 Firmware Released (01/17/2024)
6808 48 2023-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

This latest firmware v01.00.06.00 update is a little disappointing. DJI took away any third party support options like Litchi by no longer offering us the SDK like we had with the Inspire 2, and now we're not getting the features everyone has been asking for, a lot of which were features already programmed for the Inspire 2… not to mention they exist in the consumer level Mavics. Features like POI or focal points for the Waypoint app, curved route settings, pano and AEB features… a lot of these features we could at least previously get with third party app support but now that isn’t even an option. Why are we 8 months in with the Inspire 3 and not even a mention of us receiving these features? Please listen to not only the needs of a typical Hollywood crew, but the needs of the common user using this system.
1-19 17:25
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Still no AEB... I cant take panos with this drone still, nearly 6 months on
1-20 22:35
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

This has been requested many times but I'll continue to request it until we get it. It's critical we get ProRes 4444XQ. And ideally 4444 too. Please relay to the engineering team.
1-21 12:40
Use props
Flying Focus
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi I updtated my Inspire 3 with the new firmware and I have a unknow error on the "avionics", I cannot fly anymore... What should I do ? Can I reset the firmware and do it again ?
1-22 01:19
Use props
Skyling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12489137 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Flying Focus Posted at 1-22 01:19
Hi I updtated my Inspire 3 with the new firmware and I have a unknow error on the "avionics", I cannot fly anymore... What should I do ? Can I reset the firmware and do it again ?

We run the same error. You have to go outside with your i3 and wit until GPS Fix (at least get 14 satellites) and then you have to update the FlySafe Database. Then the error will go away. But error comes back when you are inside with no satellites... It would not affect your flight indoors, DJI support told us.

The working on the issue for the next firmware update on March they said...
1-22 01:52
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans98d63e0a Posted at 2023-12-18 09:55
I guess it’s from buying DJI products for 10 plus years…and expecting all promised features to be delivered.  Many of us knows what happens.  DJI has the gold…they make the rules.  So I do vent from time to time from this love / hate relationship.  Only human. [view_image]

Yes Raw Converter is a must! After spending tens of thousands of dollars on this as well as the necessary accessories for this drone, spending another one time $75 for the inspire 3 license is a small price to pay to being able to edit prores raw in Resolve.  CDNG only goes up to 25 fps and the rolling shutter for 30 fps or slower on this drone is awful! If you are not standing still in the air or moving back and forward then you can forget about 25 fps or less so ProRes Raw 60 fps in FCP or Resolve with Raw converter is a must!
1-22 17:02
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

After the lastest firmware updates there is a bug creating a avionics error if you don't have 14+ gps satelites receiption. Some got Error 0x1B0A0002  I got Error 0x1B0A0001
I did contact dji support in the online chat and their feedback was to fly outdoors... They would have no more information on this bug. But after telling them this is no solution, because of needing to fly indoors as well,  they promised to send me a feed back by sms within the 2 days.
I know from someone else dji Germany is on the bug as well as others have reported it also.

In a FB group someone posted some more info from his contact with support.
So its seems the answer depends on who you talk to..

It's normal. I'll explain it to you. When you are outside and inspire3 gets a GPS signal, it will learn the country it is in before you can update the fly database in pilot2. When you arrive indoors and lose the GPS signal, the inspire3 doesn't know what country it's located in, so the prompt will appear again. If you need to fly indoors, this will not affect your flight safety.
I just confirmed with the engineer. About this issue, we will optimize it in the new firmware in March. If you see this alert indoors, you can ignore it.
1-25 02:30
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 414226 ft
United Kingdom

We tested the cruise control today, and it seems to work well. But we have been having issues since the upgrade with the RTK-2; it is now hit-and-miss if it pairs up; has anyone else seen this as well?
2-12 10:43
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you.
2-14 13:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now