How satisfied are you with DJI Support? (Please Vote)
13742 195 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-26
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

I find it interesting that not one representitive from DJI even chimed in by now. You would think that someone from DJI would at least would have replied stating that they would pass the concerns along and the masses are being heard. I have been in customer support for over 20 years and I don't see a lot of positivity  here. I can tell you no matter how great your product is, it is only as good as your support. Once that confidence is gone, so is your product.
2015-12-31
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Contacted Dji 12/20 about my bird falling from the sky 12/22 I get Rma and shipping label 12/28 they receive unit. I call and they said won't be "checked in " until wed-thurs of next week . Some ramble about end of year and rush from Christmas . They are just now getting caught back up " yaddayaddayadda
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

chris.gurley Posted at 2015-12-27 10:11
I got my son a Phantom 3 Standard for Christmas. Took it out on the 24th and could not use it becau ...

I'm sorry you were having issues.
I'm curious what the issue was and what part was sent out.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mal6514 Posted at 2016-1-1 04:43
Contacted Dji 12/20 about my bird falling from the sky 12/22 I get Rma and shipping label 12/28 they ...

I'm sorry, it is extremely busy in the repair center and unfortunately happens to be a 3 day weekend.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sifu128 Posted at 2016-1-1 04:32
I find it interesting that not one representitive from DJI even chimed in by now. You would think th ...

I'm chiming in, ask away. I'll be here for another 30 minutes.
2015-12-31
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Ken, I would look at the amount of votes there are here and see what DJI can do to increase their transparency. There is a lot of negative feedback from the phantompilots.com forum which are directed at the company only caring about sales and operators waiting weeks to months to hear back from DJI. This doesn't really instill confidence.  There are some really well documented threads with RMA numbers where people have had to go so far above and beyond to even get a response. Just saying...
2015-12-31
Use props
bankheadd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

1111 Posted at 2015-8-31 10:47
worst CS  I've ever experienced.

You must not have delt with Drone World CS? They never reply : (
2016-1-1
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

http://forum.dji.com/thread-41042-1-1.html

Re: my thread above,

I was loving the support right up until I received my P3S back today and was shocked at the condition it was returned to me in. Seems like a rush fix to get it up to a flying standard but neglect everything else.
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-29 01:25
http://forum.dji.com/thread-41042-1-1.html

Re: my thread above,

Again, I'm sorry about that. Did you get any answers yet.
2016-1-28
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-28 22:23
Again, I'm sorry about that. Did you get any answers yet.

Not from DJI yet but will have to wait till they come into work.

I emailed my dealer to let them know and their response was shocking and so rude, they basically said I should accept what I'm given and be thankful because DJI has been much worse :O so I got quite annoyed and started spouting consumer right laws and they have said I can return it for a full refund, so if DJI response doesn't help then I shall do that
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-29 06:39
Not from DJI yet but will have to wait till they come into work.

I emailed my dealer to let them ...

Can you post the email and I will send it to headquarters?
2016-1-28
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-28 22:44
Can you post the email and I will send it to headquarters?

So I emailed DJI Europe first and then I thought id email the dealer SLR_HUT because he said keep him informed. After I sent my email to DJI I forwarded it to SLR along with another email and this was their reply

***I'll be completely honest with you, after reading your email I was expecting a drone that was around a 3-4 out of 10 condition-wise. The pictures make it look more like a 7 if I had to put a number on it. Regardless, we have come a very long way from the service we used to get from DJI. That being said, DJI repaired your drone back to working condition. You can't really expect more than that. Whether or not this was caused by a manufacturer defect or not, physical damage is almost never covered. I'm sorry***

Neither what DJI has sent me and what SLR have replied are correct I should not just be happy with sub-standard repairs.

Uk consumer rights state ***Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, goods should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. My rights have been breached because the item you sold me is faulty. I would like a refund/repair/replacement”***  

DJI have attempted a repair and it may be flyable but t]its not the drone I had before my malfunction.
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-29 06:55
So I emailed DJI Europe first and then I thought id email the dealer SLR_HUT because he said keep h ...

Ok, so this was your dealer that was rude and not DJI?Anyways, Tim is lookig into it for you.
And I am sorry, I should have gotten in touch with someone in your area and made sure EU support was notified.
2016-1-28
Use props
1138studios
New
Flight distance : 58294 ft
United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-8-30 16:19
I have no experience with them, but judging by all of the comments on many forums, this seems like i ...

Here's why I am not happy with them --- apparently flying a DJI Phantom Pro3 over any body of water will now void your warranty if it crashes into it, even if the failure was due to a DJI failure of some sort and not user error.  After weeks of emails and phone calls to get DJI to replace mine today they sent me the following explanation for why they will not honor their warranty.

"Dear Gino Barasa

By choosing to fly the unit over open bodies of water, you run the risk of anything that may happen to the unit, whether it be user error, product malfunction, or some force of nature, it will not be repairable, and considered a total loss. If this were over open land, as we suggest, this would have been a simple repair, possibly, and more than likely covered by warranty.

By choosing to still fly the unit, after noticing possible issues, over a lake, I believe you are at least partially responsible."

So, even if the unit crashed due to "product malfunction" they will not honor their warranty if it lands in water, which is strange because you won't find that anywhere on their own website. But you will find a ton of images and videos of DJI drones flying over rivers, and lakes, and oceans and back yard pools.
The "possible issues" that they mention was a "critical battery failure that appeared on the flight previous to the crash. I landed the Phantom when the warning came on and switched out the battery.  I then flew the bird over my head a for a minute to see if the warning would come back on with a new battery, which it didn't. I then sent it out of the lake and it immadiately shut off and dropped out of the sky about 50 feet away. I retrieved the wet drone and dried it out over 3 days. It powers up but has issues and DJI will not warraty the item despite the logs showing no user error, because - yes - I flew it over water - which is apparently a HUGE no no for all DJI product users.

Does that sound awesome to all of you or what?
2016-1-28
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 03:04
Ok, so this was your dealer that was rude and not DJI?Anyways, Tim is lookig into it for you.
And I ...

Hi Ken,

Sorry miscommunication on my behalf, yes the rude email was from the dealer not DJI, up to the point of getting my drone back I was very happy with DJI but I have lost confidence now.

But Tim is having a look for me which I appreciate.
2016-1-28
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Two, months, a week, a day and a bunch of emails so far.
My dealer, DJI-Patrick and now DJI-Tim tried to help.
Last reply from Zendesk was a little over a month ago.
Hope to get it resolved before summer.
Happy with the support from Dealer, Patrick and Tim but the Germans is right down there at the other end of the scale.
Still recommending DJI to friends, rc club members, FB group members and myself but it is getting harder.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-29 15:06
Hi Ken,

Sorry miscommunication on my behalf, yes the rude email was from the dealer not DJI, up  ...

Still, sorry a DJI dealer was like, it will all get resolved and thanks for your patience.Next time I will send messages to DJI employees closest in your area like Terry and Tim.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-29 16:17
Two, months, a week, a day and a bunch of emails so far.
My dealer, DJI-Patrick and now DJI-Tim trie ...

Can you give me your ticket number and I send them a message. They are sleeping now and will be back Monday.
2016-1-29
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 16:34
Can you give me your ticket number and I send them a message. They are sleeping now and will be bac ...

The last number from automatic rating request is 151996

The last number from a person is 138030
Signed by
Maick S. M.

support.eu1

DJI Support EU
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-30 00:56
The last number from automatic rating request is 151996

The last number from a person is 138030

Ok, thanks I will send an email but may not get a response until Monday.
2016-1-29
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

Will hold my vote until my 2day old P3A has been returned in good working order.
2016-2-1
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-12-26 19:30
My only experience with DJI support is as follows:  I obtain an RA to return a controller for repair ...

Rofl!  A MONTH?????

I got this on 1/29:
Dear Wolfie,  Our Support Rep has indicated that your ticket has been Resolved.   If you believe that the ticket has not been resolved, please reply to this email to automatically reopen the ticket. If there is no response from you, we will assume that the ticket has been resolved and the ticket will be automatically closed after 48 hours.  Sincerely, DJI TechnologySupport Team https://djitechnologyllc.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/xxxx

I replied over the weekend.

Today, I get this:
Dear Wolfie,  Your ticket - Gimbal Failure - Phantom 3 Adv -  has been closed.  We hope that the ticket was resolved to your satisfaction. If you feel that the ticket should not be closed or if the ticket has not been resolved, please reply to this email.  Sincerely, DJI Technology Support Team https://djitechnologyllc.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/xxxxxx

Are they serious?  According to the tracking number from the RMA label, my P3A has YET to get to Cali. So how the heck can they RESOLVE then CLOSE a ticket when they have yet to receive the phantom?  Total BS.  But as I said, might be a SNAFU and I will resrve my vote here until the P3A gets back home.

I tried chatting with them this AM but I got EU support.  US support won't get their morning coffee for another 3 hours (1pm CST).  Jesus, wish I could sleep in that late.
2016-2-1
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

I recently had an issue with my device cradle and went through a DJI rep on the forum.  I voted mostly satisfied.  There was a communication lapse and bit of confusion between us, but the rep worked hard to fix asap.  It could have been a bit more proactive, but overall it was fine.  I think DJI could use some standardization of their processes to handle, which would greatly boost their performance.  
2016-2-1
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

The results are showing what you'd expect any poll about customer service to show - Polorized views with the vast majority at either end of the spectrum. That said, it's interesting to see not just the horror stories but more the inconsistency in experiences. I've never had to (touch wood) request support from DJI but it seems that for anyone who does, it's a real gamble and when it goes wrong attention is not being paid to the customer's experience.

Lack of consumer confidence = poor reputation, even if DJI are getting the majority right (and I'm not saying they are), the noise of the ones they get wrong is likely to be what past present and future  consumers hear.
2016-2-1
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

My unit is back at DJI repair today.  This is the third trip there.  They did not fix the issue on the first two trips.  When I tried to "upgrade" my P3P to firmware 1.5 it bricked my system.  The bird flew fine, sent video to the ipad or iphone, but refuses to record to the sd card.  I had a similar issue on my inspire and they told me to return it which i did.  so hopefully this third trip will fix my p3p but i am skeptical.
2016-2-1
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

HermosaDrones Posted at 2016-2-2 04:17
My unit is back at DJI repair today.  This is the third trip there.  They did not fix the issue on t ...

It's a crazy to think that you've had to send it back for a third time, I've had no luck with mine. I haven't had a reply from DJI over my matter, when I went on chat he just blamed the fact they had 200-400 emails and told me to wait.

So instead of sending it back to get "fixed" again, I've sent mine back to the dealer today for a full refund.
2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-2-2 19:39
It's a crazy to think that you've had to send it back for a third time, I've had no luck with mine ...

I am sorry your experience was not a good one and the product is a really great product BUT there are a few that may have flaws just like anything out there that you buy, but still that's no excuse and if you have something that is not working as it should it should looked into.
2016-2-2
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-2 18:22
I am sorry your experience was not a good one and the product is a really great product BUT there a ...

I agree with you Ken it is an amazing product and I'm missing it loads, however when something goes wrong you expect for it too be put right tho.

I received this email tonight from DJI -

"we are sorry to learned your complain about repair issues.
After our data analysis teams approval , we have repaired the defected part which has no function
but for others parts which have function well, we do not repaired it based on warranty rules..

For your case we have changed parts as below :
Please advise us if the machines is function well at this moment ?
Should have any furthers question, please contact me any time. Thanks !"

I checked through the list of items that were replaced and it clearly stated that 2 x Motors were replaced, however they had not !!!! and I sent photographic proof of this to them upon opening the box on return of my drone. So they have clearly not done what was listed on the repair report.

I am not fighting this anymore as I've sent my drone back today to the dealer for a refund, but this is just madness.   

2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-2-3 08:15
I agree with you Ken it is an amazing product and I'm missing it loads, however when something goe ...

I truly am sorry that you didn't have a wonderful experience. It is good though that you were able to return it for a refund.
2016-2-2
Use props
Jacko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3573 ft

Canada

Gabe R Posted at 2015-8-31 08:07
Ive dealt with them once and things went rather well. They asked all kinds of trouble shooting quest ...

Good evening,
My only concern is in the fact that there is two (2) RC models sales stores in the Region and that BOTH of them have opted out from selling DJI items, even the props......HOW sad.

On another side of the penny, the Sales dept. is awsome,  You place an order let's say, on tuesday and you receive the items, for thay are in stock' three days after.  A W S O M E.

I've been in the Engineering dept for many Cies AND went the sad road and the only thing I could day is this:

No matter how great your stuff is, the '' after sales support AND the repair dept  '' should be WAY ahead of the people because WE know that items are not perfect, WE know that failures are bond to happens and WE know that it involves HUMAN beeings  B U T, it has to stay ahead of the sales dept, otherwise, The repairs will overcome the sales and your wonderfull product will become a thing of the past.   AND Honestly, it's a SAD thing to happen on such a wonderfull product.

Thrully

2016-2-4
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Sleepy Germans

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 16:34
Can you give me your ticket number and I send them a message. They are sleeping now and will be bac ...

Thanks!
Not sure about German sleeping habits but a new Monday is coming up
Hope they arn't gonna stall till the warranty runs out.
If anyone at DJI can find the time to have a look at it:

My login to the cloud is rcgbalthazar@gmail.com
Click here to download the Log(Confirming battery temp was within recommended temp range)
Click here to see the log on healthydrones
Click here to see the log on flytrex
Click here to download the analysis form
Click here to download or watch the cached video
Click her to open a dropbox folder with all the relevant files
(Official weather data confirming the temp was within the recommended 0-40c, footage from search efforts and more)

If the Germans are the only option here's the last sign of life from them:

2016-2-7
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-2-8 03:35
Thanks!
Not sure about German sleeping habits but a new Monday is coming up
Hope they arn't gonn ...

I will give your info to EU support and someone will contact you. Again, sorry about your experience.
2016-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-2-8 04:06
lol, this is unbelievable, they claimed they replaced two engines and they shipped the unit back a ...

Sorry to hear that.
So you will be sending in your tomorrow correct?
2016-2-7
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I will reserve judgement at the moment, my P3A is en route from EU repair under warranty.

But I have to say I'm very impressed with the level of service so far. My bird was received by dji 02/02 and repaired/tested by 05/02, shipped 08/02 and delivery expected 10/02...

That sort of turnaround usually never happens for a UK consumer.

Props (haha) to dji. So far, so good.
2016-2-8
Use props
MarkV
lvl.1

United States

I only had one experience and it was so bad, and costly it was surreal.  Really strange.  It was as though the company was doing its best to  provoke me.  I couldn't even get angry at the cavalier treatment directed at me.  I was totally awestruck that it was actually coming from this Corp.  And now, to do my civic duty, I need to follow up with the BBB.  Who has time for this?

This is a nice product, and I would prefer talking about how I extend my flying time and do tele-photo, but DJ is making things difficult in many ways that don't seem appropriate.  Can you think of another product where a firmware update isn't an honest improvement?  What DJ has decided to do with their updates is a bit perverted.
2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MarkV Posted at 2016-2-11 03:56
I only had one experience and it was so bad, and costly it was surreal.  Really strange.  It was as  ...

I'm sorry if your experience was less than expected. What is your ticket number and I will look into it.
Or if no ticket, can you please explain in detail why the experience was not good for you.
2016-2-10
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken,
Are all of the repair facilities in China?
Does DJI have repair shops (centers) located anywhere else? Europe?, US, Canada, Anywhere?
I would think based on the amount of product sold in each area should determine the quantity of repair facilities to service that area.
If DJI wants to be a "global" company, then they should be Global.

Repair times and being able to contact a person is difficult to do when you are trying to contact someone on the other side of the world.
Personally I have had no problem with my Phantom to have to call tech support or to have mine repaired, so I don't know what to say about the service.
If they can't handle the influx of repairs that are needed to the product, they are going to lose business.
That should at the very least contract repair shops around the world and authorize them to do the warrantee work so that it can fulfill and satisfy the customer base.

Mike
2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-2-11 07:48
DJI-Ken,
Are all of the repair facilities in China?
Does DJI have repair shops (centers) located any ...

Thanks for the inquiry. There is EU support and some repair centers.
The US repair center handles US, Canada, and Mexico and EU support handles other countries.
2016-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules