Support for Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller?
2227 21 2023-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arpit_nnd
lvl.2
India

One of the more exciting launched alongside the Osmo Action 4 is the Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller.
Considering the product name is just Osmo Action Controller (& not Osmo Action 4 Controller), I'm really looking forward to this accessory for my moto vlogs.
However, the product details mention just OA4 under compatibility.

DJI can you please clarify whether OA3 would be supported too?

2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is only compatible with the DJI Osmo Action 4. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-2
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

It also appears to be out of stock everywhere
2023-8-6
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

80€ for the Gps remote control is way too expensive!!

available from September 7th
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

0Kajuna0 Posted at 8-6 14:17
It also appears to be out of stock everywhere

Hi, 0Kajuna0. The DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is currently in stock on our official Amazon Store, you may check it here:  (https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Osmo- ... oller/dp/B0C786GMDR).
2023-8-19
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-19 23:55
Hi, 0Kajuna0. The DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is currently in stock on our official Amazon Store, you may check it here:  (https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Osmo-Action-GPS-Controller/dp/B0C786GMDR).

It seems it will be delivered next month, so not actually in stock. But thank you
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

0Kajuna0 Posted at 8-21 00:43
It seems it will be delivered next month, so not actually in stock. But thank you

You are most welcome, 0Kajuna0. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-8-31
Use props
Marc61
New

Canada

Hi, I recently got the GPS remote for the Osmo action 4 and it worked the first time I used it but now it is not showing the speed and route data when I select it. Its says I need the GPS remote but it was connected at the time of recording
2023-9-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Come on DJI stop jerking us all about. Make this compatible with the Action 3 customers are getting fed up with thes marketing tactics. I am moving over to Insta 360 products because of this. It is just ripping people off.
2023-9-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this new GPS remote waterproof like the one for the Insta 360 camera
2023-9-14
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

DJi wants OA3 owners to buy the OA4, after all if you spent 380 on an OA3 you might just as well buy he latest for 450. Then you will get the remote (for an extra 70 bucks). It’s good business for them. There’s no business in getting the remote working with the OA3. It’s all about money.
2023-9-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 9-14 23:32
DJi wants OA3 owners to buy the OA4, after all if you spent 380 on an OA3 you might just as well buy he latest for 450. Then you will get the remote (for an extra 70 bucks). It’s good business for them. There’s no business in getting the remote working with the OA3. It’s all about money.

Of course there is. If after a while they make the GPS Remote compatable with the OA3 after the initial sales of the 4 they will then pick up sales of the Remote for those that wont buy the 4 cos they are happy with their 3. Think it through man.

Just like they made the DJI RC Compatable with the Air 2s.
2023-9-15
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I don’t have other DJI gear except the OA3 so I dunno what they have done for other stuff, but I think they will just move on to OA5.
2023-9-15
Use props
djiuser_WL4Y0CUOtTlh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I bought ao3 and there was a known problem with focus. Instead of enjoying the product, I had to send it back from the UK to the Netherlands for warranty, which took a long time. I ride a motorcycle and a remote controller would be a great option, but DJI showed the middle finger to ao3 users and it was my last camera from DJI, I changed it to inst 360.
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_WL4Y0CUOtTlh Posted at 11-7 02:17
I bought ao3 and there was a known problem with focus. Instead of enjoying the product, I had to send it back from the UK to the Netherlands for warranty, which took a long time. I ride a motorcycle and a remote controller would be a great option, but DJI showed the middle finger to ao3 users and it was my last camera from DJI, I changed it to inst 360.

Hello there. Sorry, we did not meet your satisfaction and had to return your action 3. I will forward your feedback to the related team. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-11
Use props
harmonix
New
Poland

osmonauta Posted at 2023-9-14 23:32
DJi wants OA3 owners to buy the OA4, after all if you spent 380 on an OA3 you might just as well buy he latest for 450. Then you will get the remote (for an extra 70 bucks). It’s good business for them. There’s no business in getting the remote working with the OA3. It’s all about money.

Of course backporting remote control support for OA3 still makes sense. I'm about to buy an action camera and I don't need OA4, as OA3 i just enough for my needs. But, I'm not going to buy any of them but instead will go to Insta 360 in this case (OA3 is still in DJI's offer)
2-11 05:53
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Marc61 Posted at 2023-9-12 18:21
Hi, I recently got the GPS remote for the Osmo action 4 and it worked the first time I used it but now it is not showing the speed and route data when I select it. Its says I need the GPS remote but it was connected at the time of recording

it is not in live view , only post prosessing
2-12 02:26
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

for gps data use a cheap garmin or your phone & google maps or open street map
2-12 02:35
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

gps fix 2-5 min
2-25 05:30
Use props
Captainbroh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220922 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-8-2 19:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is only compatible with the DJI Osmo Action 4. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

e bla bla et bla bla always the same stereotypical answer, I think that the development department never receives user requests and has nothing to do with them. These answers are only there to make people believe that customer requests can move things forward but this is not the case
4-4 02:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Captainbroh Posted at 4-4 02:35
e bla bla et bla bla always the same stereotypical answer, I think that the development department never receives user requests and has nothing to do with them. These answers are only there to make people believe that customer requests can move things forward but this is not the case

Hi there. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.
4-5 02:33
Use props
lasanat
lvl.1

Pakistan

ฉันสามารถติดตั้งในรถมือสองคันของฉันได้หรือไม่? ฉันได้เข้าไปสำรวจ https://www.priceusedcar.com/ เพื่อดูราคารถมือสองแล้ว
4-9 12:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules