RS3 mini Tested Payload is a lie
1261 18 2023-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

I have been using RS3 mini for 6 months with 1.6-1.8 KG gear. Canon R5 + 800g -1000g lens.
Not only it fails to stabilize fast movement correctly. I could live with that. But after 6 month one arm and lock came loose until I cound not lock it no more.
Clearly this gimbal cant be used with 2KG gear. This spec is a lie.
The DJI service told me its my fault and is charging me with about 40% of price of new unit.
Just a friendly warning - dont think you can use RS3 mini with 1.6-2 kg gear safely. Perhaps 1.4kg will be ok, perhaps less.
Maciek
2023-8-3
Use props
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

I'm happy to provide details of my RMA case in case anyone from DJI wants to check DJI service
2023-8-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Properly balanced ?
2023-8-3
Use props
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

Of course. It was always properly balanced. And you know how I know that? Because if you try to use it without balanced R5+50/1.2 - it will simply refuse to work at all - red light and beeps. With Ronin S - first model - I was able to work with slight inbalanced gear - foe example after quick lens switch. Not here. I had to rebalance even when after opening LCD screen.
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please PM me the reference number such as the case number to check more details?
2023-8-3
Use props
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-3 03:44
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please PM me the reference number such as the case number to check more details?

I have shop RMA but realized you need DJI RMA. I will PM it as soon as they give me it. Should be today.
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

maciek44 Posted at 8-3 21:09
I have shop RMA but realized you need DJI RMA. I will PM it as soon as they give me it. Should be today.

Thanks. I will wait for your update.
2023-8-4
Use props
Imorthorn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RMA/112736/SR/2023
2023-8-7
Use props
Imorthorn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had to use old account sorry
2023-8-7
Use props
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

Any news regarding my RMA/112736/SR/2023? Its been almost 2 months since I have sent it to the support.
2023-8-25
Use props
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

OMG. Today the gimbal just returned. Not fixed. Nothing. Thanks DJI for nothing! Zero contact. I lost money for sending package and almost 2 months of time. Good to know the kind of support DJI provides. How can you expect from me to buy anythiing more from you?
2023-8-25
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I can advice you to purchase an Zhiyun, never an issue.
2023-8-25
Use props
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

Is this the only answer that I will get from official DJI forums? To look for different brand?
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

maciek44 Posted at 8-25 07:36
OMG. Today the gimbal just returned. Not fixed. Nothing. Thanks DJI for nothing! Zero contact. I lost money for sending package and almost 2 months of time. Good to know the kind of support DJI provides. How can you expect from me to buy anythiing more from you?

Sorry for the late reply. May I ask if you've asked the dealer to send the unit back to you unrepaired? Please note to click 'Reply' under my post so that I can receive the notice in time.
2023-8-29
Use props
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-29 01:13
Sorry for the late reply. May I ask if you've asked the dealer to send the unit back to you unrepaired? Please note to click 'Reply' under my post so that I can receive the notice in time.

I told the dealer that I will pay for the repair. But then I added that they should "hold on" and asked for DJI RMA number. I dont know why would thay interpret it as "send unrepaired".
Anyway. Its been some time so I bought micro screwdrivers for 10$ and fixed the problem myself. The loose clamp that I was unable to close securely. All it took was to unscrew one covering screw, tighten the underlying screw and then screw the covering screw back.
Magic. Fixed for 10$ while DJI was asking 40% of new unit price for parts replacement including some covers with tiny scratches.
This is ridiculous and completety insulting. Not only the drone cant handle the specified weight. Not only you refuse to honor you guarantee repair. You are also trying to cheat me into much more expensive repain than needed!!

2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

maciek44 Posted at 8-29 01:30
I told the dealer that I will pay for the repair. But then I added that they should "hold on" and asked for DJI RMA number. I dont know why would thay interpret it as "send unrepaired".
Anyway. Its been some time so I bought micro screwdrivers for 10$ and fixed the problem myself. The loose clamp that I was unable to close securely. All it took was to unscrew one covering screw, tighten the underlying screw and then screw the covering screw back.
Magic. Fixed for 10$ while DJI was asking 40% of new unit price for parts replacement including some covers with tiny scratches.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team and ask the dealer for further confirmation.
2023-8-29
Use props
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

Iinconvenience? Yeah it is inconvenient to be lied by DJI about Tested Payload. It is inconvenient to be cheated out of guarantee by DJI. It is inconvenient to be almost illegaly changed for not-needed repairs by DJI.

There will be no more inconvenieces for me or any of my followers from DJI ever again.
2023-8-31
Use props
maciek44
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-29 02:49
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team and ask the dealer for further confirmation.

After some more weeks of trying I was unable to get the internal DJI RMA number. The retailer send me only the name of the DJI service in poland: INNPRO. Probably there was no internal DJI RMA case because the polish service handled this case on its own. Anyway I'm tired of this and I'm giving up. Perhaps that is exactly what DJI counted for.
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

maciek44 Posted at 9-19 23:50
After some more weeks of trying I was unable to get the internal DJI RMA number. The retailer send me only the name of the DJI service in poland: INNPRO. Probably there was no internal DJI RMA case because the polish service handled this case on its own. Anyway I'm tired of this and I'm giving up. Perhaps that is exactly what DJI counted for.

We are sorry to hear about this. May I confirm if you've received the gimbal? If so, you can submit a repair case through the link below and directly send the unit back to the DJI Service Center. We will help follow up on it after you send it back. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules