Mavic 3 Cine Flyaway
249 3 2023-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mkontry
lvl.1
United States

Howdy. For the first time with a DJI drone, I expereienced a sporatic disconnection and flyaway incident. The logs shows the flight path and the flight abruptling ending over a lake with good hight. It was a sudden disconnection on the smart controller with no way to re-gain control or connection. We saw the drone flying inland still but unseccessfuly able to locate on foot near water or land. It was about a half mile away, plenty of charge, good weather, no obstructions in the area over the water.

This is my 3rd DJI Mavic and 5th DJI drone. I'm completely at a loss here. I had the DJI Refresh for the first year but not for this year.

If anyone's been in a similar situation, can you tell me if DJI has been able to do anything for replacement if the logs show sudden connection loss?

Thanks!
2023-8-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your recorded flight data might help find the cause of the incident and perhaps even point to a likely search location.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site.
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary here or better in the Mavic 3 section.  Users JJB* or Labroides are really great at reading flight logs and no doubt can tell exactly what happened in this flight.

Or just post the .txt file
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. We recommend that you contact our support team and start a flyaway case through the link below. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-8-3
Use props
fanscb550a5d
lvl.2

United States

Did you have your settings on "If connection lost, RTH?" Works for me. Had a bad cable on my controller twice and lost communications with my Mavic 2 but then it would land at my feet 5 minutes later.
2023-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules