5441 57 2023-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

We already saw O4 with DJI RC2 and there is no comment still for DJI RC PRO. So there is two way for DJI, kill the RC Pro or upgrade thr RC Pro.

What is your idea? What will DJI do with that?
2023-8-4
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI is EXTREMELY slow on doing anything. So we have to wait a few months for them to release a firmware update if there is going to be any update to RC Pro.
2023-8-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

My guess is that the RC Pro will never see O4 due to hardware limitations. Can the Air3 work on O3/+? Who knows. I think the RC Pro 2 (or whatever it will be called) will carry us forward, possibly (hopefully) with backwards compatibility. I for one would NOT purchase the new RC Pro unless it was backward compatible out of the box.
2023-8-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dead?  Nah.  It works just great with the drones it was designed for.  Not sure what you are looking for here.
2023-8-4
Use props
Markonkof
lvl.2
Flight distance : 273986 ft

United States

that's what hold me from the Mavic 3 pro , i want it so bad , but since the RC pro is 2 years old already , i have a feeling that the same what happen with the Smart controller will happen again with the RC pro.
but that's my guess
2023-8-4
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

The current RC pro is what it is and it can't be given O4. The new Air 3 -could- have been programmed with the ability to use O3 (I think) but that is all chip related and maybe there wasn't room on the motherboard for it. In any case I would guess that at some point there may be an entirely new class beyond the Mavic line or maybe a Mavic 4 Pro that will be produced to work with an RC Pro2 with O4.  It is virtually meaningless to me in terms of being able to fly further but any improvement in signal strength regarding obstructions would be nice. I'd have so many controllers (RC N1, RC, RC Pro and two types of the hand held Avata/FPV controllers) as it is and for my use they all do the job equally well.  No doubt I'll get the Mavic 4 with an O4 RC Pro if it comes out .
2023-8-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

digibud Posted at 8-4 09:19
The current RC pro is what it is and it can't be given O4. The new Air 3 -could- have been programmed with the ability to use O3 (I think) but that is all chip related and maybe there wasn't room on the motherboard for it. In any case I would guess that at some point there may be an entirely new class beyond the Mavic line or maybe a Mavic 4 Pro that will be produced to work with an RC Pro2 with O4.  It is virtually meaningless to me in terms of being able to fly further but any improvement in signal strength regarding obstructions would be nice. I'd have so many controllers (RC N1, RC, RC Pro and two types of the hand held Avata/FPV controllers) as it is and for my use they all do the job equally well.  No doubt I'll get the Mavic 4 with an O4 RC Pro if it comes out .

Exactly.  When it's on the market, if you want it, buy it!
2023-8-4
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

There will be no RC Pro 2 until Mavic 4. Reason being is the Mavic 3 series is incapable of doing 04.....it doesn't have the hardware for it. And they won't just release RC Pro 2 just on its own.....and currently the RC Pro is a monster anyways....so no complaints here
2023-8-4
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-4 05:36
My guess is that the RC Pro will never see O4 due to hardware limitations. Can the Air3 work on O3/+? Who knows. I think the RC Pro 2 (or whatever it will be called) will carry us forward, possibly (hopefully) with backwards compatibility. I for one would NOT purchase the new RC Pro unless it was backward compatible out of the box.

The additional antennas already in there for RC PRO. But ofcource we don't know if there is other limitations on hardware.

There should be a better way to use these remotes on long term like replacing the antenna or wifi module etc.
2023-8-4
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

TonyPHX Posted at 8-4 07:11
Dead?  Nah.  It works just great with the drones it was designed for.  Not sure what you are looking for here.

Yes, but long term support would be better right? At least it could work on a few generations. We're killing the world so fast.

2023-8-4
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

Markonkof Posted at 8-4 07:13
that's what hold me from the Mavic 3 pro , i want it so bad , but since the RC pro is 2 years old already , i have a feeling that the same what happen with the Smart controller will happen again with the RC pro.
but that's my guess

This was absolutely a marketing error for DJI. There is flagship drone and being obsolete after 2 months of release date.
2023-8-4
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

Mastoras Posted at 8-4 09:57
There will be no RC Pro 2 until Mavic 4. Reason being is the Mavic 3 series is incapable of doing 04.....it doesn't have the hardware for it. And they won't just release RC Pro 2 just on its own.....and currently the RC Pro is a monster anyways....so no complaints here

I need remotes which are being supported for long term. There is no change on sticks, buttons, screens mainly all same other than wireless chips. So, wireless chip and antenna set can be replaceable. It is not about the cost eficiency only, it is also about saving the world.
2023-8-4
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

KnNLmS Posted at 8-4 10:11
I need remotes which are being supported for long term. There is no change on sticks, buttons, screens mainly all same other than wireless chips. So, wireless chip and antenna set can be replaceable. It is not about the cost eficiency only, it is also about saving the world.

"Saving the world"

The only way to do that is to remove the virus.... Humans!
2023-8-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

You guys do realize that this added 5.1 Ghz band in the O4 protocol is already present in the RC Pro. In fact Ocusync 3 Enterprise already uses this wireless band. It also uses identical 2T4R antenna arrays. I'd be willing to bet that the RC Pro has the capability to be upgraded to support O4. I'd then bet double or nothing that DJI will never actually make this happen. Admins here will follow the scripts they're given claiming it's not possible to do. It's all a big game of making products feel obsolete in a steadily shrinking timeframe.
2023-8-4
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-4 22:21
You guys do realize that this added 5.1 Ghz band in the O4 protocol is already present in the RC Pro. In fact Ocusync 3 Enterprise already uses this wireless band. It also uses identical 2T4R antenna arrays. I'd be willing to bet that the RC Pro has the capability to be upgraded to support O4. I'd then bet double or nothing that DJI will never actually make this happen. Admins here will follow the scripts they're given claiming it's not possible to do. It's all a big game of making products feel obsolete in a steadily shrinking timeframe.

But how can we blame DJI for this, when it is the customer that keep supporting this strategy, by continuing giving money to DJI...

If we only did voted with our wallet, it would be a completely different song!
2023-8-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-4 22:21

Bingo! It all comes down to brilliant marketing, technology moving faster than the speed of light and a fast growing industry/hobby. New companies offering drone "services" have multiplied exponentially in my area just in the last year. I will say that most of those who offer said services leave a LOT to be desired.
2023-8-5
Use props
BelWave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163852 ft
United States

So, I just purchased a RC Pro along with a Mavic 3 Pro.  Sounds like at the very least I should be considering returning the RC Pro.  

It appears the Quick Transfer function from the RC Pro Controller to your iPhone via the DJI Fly app is not possible.  Why would DJI allow that function on the DJI RC Controller, but not the DJI RC Pro Controller?  Hopefully I'm missing something and it does work, but so far the RC Pro doesn't bring up the QR code to be scanned by my iPhone.

I do see better range/signal improvements over the RC with the RC Pro which has been beneficial, but not worth that at the expense of losing the Quick Transfer function.
2023-8-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-5 05:56
"I can't believe Ford added feature X to the 2024 F-150.  My 2021 F-150 can't do that & Ford has rendered it worthless!"

This thread is a complaint about advancing technology.  Even if the 2-year old RC Pro is physically incapable of being adopted to O4, it still works perfectly fine with the drone models it currently supports.  Indeed, the RC Pro is expensive, but that doesn't mean it is going to be compatible forever going forward with every new advance in technology.  Two years can be a lifetime in the tech industry.  When you purchase a new drone like the Air 3, you get a new RC that supports the new technology.  It was only released a few weeks ago.  The RC Pro *MAY* be adoptable at some point.  If not, and you desire the feature set of an RC Pro, you just have to bite the bullet & purchase the new model should it become available.

I own neither of the two drones so I don't have experience nor a bias in this conversation. I still see the big complaint here. If I was to buy the flagship Mavic 3 PRO and RC PRO combo on the day it was released and then exactly 2 months later a budget focused Air 3 comes out with this? Yea I'd be pretty heated. Especially when the PRO combo cost 2.5x as much.
2023-8-6
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-6 05:46
Alas, that is just the way things go with technology.  There is always going to be something new around the corner.  The Mavic 3 doesn't support O4, so having an O4-capable controller doesn't really matter.  Maybe the hardware in the Mavic 3 & the RC Pro can be upgraded with firmware to support O4?  If not, the RC Pro purchased with a Mavic 3 still works with the bird with which it came.

I get that tech is always advancing and I'm not going to be one of those people that complain about progression. However this would be like Intel releasing the top consumer chip i9 14900K with PCI-E 5.0. Then 2 months later Intel releases a budget laptop chip i5 14400 with PCI-E 6.0 specs.
2023-8-6
Use props
BelWave
lvl.1
United States

This morning I was pretty set on returning the Mavic 3 Pro & RC Pro remote due to the initial investment price difference and overall lower cost accessories.  Amazon purchase, so no worries on an easy return.  Amazon has the Air 3 in stock too, so I'll have little to no down time either.  I have the Refresh 2yr plan purchased yesterday.  Anyone know it that's refundable?

As I sit here now I'm wondering if I should just stick with what I have.  I'd rather not lose the 7x optic.  

Any good comparative reviews written yet or is the Air 3 just too new?

Thanks.
2023-8-6
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

BelWave Posted at 8-6 14:36
This morning I was pretty set on returning the Mavic 3 Pro & RC Pro remote due to the initial investment price difference and overall lower cost accessories.  Amazon purchase, so no worries on an easy return.  Amazon has the Air 3 in stock too, so I'll have little to no down time either.  I have the Refresh 2yr plan purchased yesterday.  Anyone know it that's refundable?

As I sit here now I'm wondering if I should just stick with what I have.  I'd rather not lose the 7x optic.  

Air 3 seems little sister of Mavis 3. It has latest technology on wireless transmission. I always liked Air series which is value for money product line on DJI.

Mavic 3 Pro was a big mistage for DJI, you're right to send it back. Noone whats to buy older technology with higher price.

RC PRO most probably will not work for future drones so it will be useless who buys it today.

I hope DJI makes some adjustment to keep alive the flagship devices as M3 and RC Pro with some software upgrade if possible for HW.
2023-8-6
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Dji staff said os4 is hardware. Not software like people think a firmware will fit it. It won't. But don't worried. Rc pro 2 is coming out soon for $1200-1300. Better start saving.
2023-8-6
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 8-6 23:57
Dji staff said os4 is hardware. Not software like people think a firmware will fit it. It won't. But don't worried. Rc pro 2 is coming out soon for $1200-1300. Better start saving.

I think it was a disaster for DJI to release the Mavic 3 Pro without O4 just before the Air 3. I hope they refresh the drone with O4 and re-release it properly with the RC Pro 2
2023-8-7
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The only 04s will be any new drones in future. Nothing prior of Air 3 will have 04. That's my prediction Didn't the Air 2 also pave the way for the first 03 drone?
2023-8-7
Use props
Markonkof
lvl.2
Flight distance : 273986 ft

United States

BelWave Posted at 8-6 14:36
This morning I was pretty set on returning the Mavic 3 Pro & RC Pro remote due to the initial investment price difference and overall lower cost accessories.  Amazon purchase, so no worries on an easy return.  Amazon has the Air 3 in stock too, so I'll have little to no down time either.  I have the Refresh 2yr plan purchased yesterday.  Anyone know it that's refundable?

you can refund the 2yrs refresh plan as well if you already returned the drone , i did that before
2023-8-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Y'all realize that all these protocols fly further than you want to send your drone anyways right??
2023-8-7
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

TonyPHX Posted at 8-7 12:18
Y'all realize that all these protocols fly further than you want to send your drone anyways right??

It is all about stable connection. The max range well enough but external conditions would be handled better with better range.
2023-8-7
Use props
EdgardCafe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1295020 ft
United States

I sold my Original Mavic 3 last week. So, I'm kind of confused to decide which one to buy the Mavic 3 Pro flight more combo with Rc Pro or Air 3 flight more combo. Maybe will be better to buy the Mavic 3 P with the Rc and wait what is going to happen with the Rc Pro which is already 2 years old.
2023-8-7
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 8-7 05:34
I think it was a disaster for DJI to release the Mavic 3 Pro without O4 just before the Air 3. I hope they refresh the drone with O4 and re-release it properly with the RC Pro 2

Yup.... it makes zero sense now that the Air 3 is out with OC4, and have the flagship one (Mavic 3 Pro) with OC3.  
2023-8-7
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well also DJI release sdk for toy mini 3 but left flagship mavic 3 out of the loop on that. DJI aren't exactly great logical thinkers sometimes.
2023-8-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 8-6 23:57

DJI staff also said that the Mavic 3 SDK release date would be over a year ago. They also said that the RC Pro Enterprise isn't compatible with consumer Mavic 3's. They said that RC Pro firmware wouldn't work on an Enterprise RC. DJI staff says that the RC Pro doesn't have a 5.1Ghz radio inside it that is just disabled. All turned out to be false.

Oh but THIS time you think they're telling the truth? Give me a break.  
2023-8-7
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

Does this read? Anyone tested?

2023-8-8
Use props
HY04hiLMUkD3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325066 ft
  • >>>
United States

KnNLmS Posted at 8-8 00:01
Does this read? Anyone tested?

[view_image]

I updated the firmware yet in the connection guide the AIR 3 doesn't show up
2023-8-8
Use props
fansf2825dd7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62116 ft
France

The day my Air 3 will accept to temporally downgrade its Occu from 4 to 3+ just to be bounded to my RC Pro, and my Goggle 2 , and other Mc2, will be a GREAT day
2023-8-8
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

fansf2825dd7 Posted at 8-8 06:07
The day my Air 3 will accept to temporally downgrade its Occu from 4 to 3+ just to be bounded to my RC Pro, and my Goggle 2 , and other Mc2, will be a GREAT day

Actually, i expect to upgrade the RC Pro for O4 if possible.

If this happens, i'll buy a RC Pro soon. And if Mini4 pro comes with goggles integra support with omnidrectional obstacle avoidence, i'll buy one Mini4 pro too.
2023-8-8
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

It is clear that a successor must come. DJI offers the RC2 from the AIR 3 for just under 300 euros. Why should I pay 1000€ for an outdated RC-PRO? (Think of the Crystalsky Story!!!)
A successor must have a brighter and larger display, a better CPU, HDMI, USB-C, 5G,  .... otherwise no price of 1000€ justifies itself.
DJI does not care. They could also make the DJI PLUS controller compatible with the Mavic 3. But you don't want to, because then fewer buyers will buy the M30, but rather the M3T. All tactics. I for one am not currently buying a Mavic 3 with the old controller or the RC-PRO.
2023-8-10
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

What a big dilemma.
M3 Pro sales will stop because it is O3 and outdated,
RC Pro sales will stop because it is O3 and outdated.
If RC Pro 2 comes, M3 Pro should be updated to O4. If this happens, RC Pro could be updated to O4 with FW.
If M4 and RC Pro 2 releases soon, M3 Pro's life will be so short and buyers will be upset.

Good luck DJI
2023-8-10
Use props
BelWave
lvl.1
United States

Decided to send the Mavic 3 Pro & RC Pro back.  Got refunded on the Care Refresh 2yr deal too.  Purchased the Air 3 along with the 2yr Care Refresh and flew it this morning.  Have to say it definitely has better clutter/obstacle RF signal than the RC Pro controller.  Other than that and the loss of the 7x optical zoom the Air 3 is just about the same as the Mavic 3 Pro.

The Air 3 a little smaller & lighter...waiting on my new semi-hardside case to arrive as the included DJI Air 3 case is just as worthless as the included DJI Mavic 3 Pro case was.  I wish the Air 3 used the same Mavic 3 batteries.  I have two extra Mavic 3 batteries with only a couple charge cycles on them, the three port charger and a semi-hardsided Mavic 3 Pro case leftover.  Guess they'll go on eBay soon!
2023-8-11
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

BelWave Posted at 8-11 13:01
Decided to send the Mavic 3 Pro & RC Pro back.  Got refunded on the Care Refresh 2yr deal too.  Purchased the Air 3 along with the 2yr Care Refresh and flew it this morning.  Have to say it definitely has better clutter/obstacle RF signal than the RC Pro controller.  Other than that and the loss of the 7x optical zoom the Air 3 is just about the same as the Mavic 3 Pro.

The Air 3 a little smaller & lighter...waiting on my new semi-hardside case to arrive as the included DJI Air 3 case is just as worthless as the included DJI Mavic 3 Pro case was.  I wish the Air 3 used the same Mavic 3 batteries.  I have two extra Mavic 3 batteries with only a couple charge cycles on them, the three port charger and a semi-hardsided Mavic 3 Pro case leftover.  Guess they'll go on eBay soon!

Definitely seems the right choose. you're lucky that you could be able to return it. Air 3 seems will be the best drone until releases of M4. I don't think anyone who buys M3 while Air3 on the market. So flagship drone family sales has been suspended .
2023-8-11
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-11 13:33
The Mavic 3 Pro is not obsolete.  It works with O3+, just like the RC Pro.  Even with O3+, the M3P provides up to 15 km range, far more than most will ever require.  An M3P will be flying for many years to come.  There is always something newer around the corner.

Yes it is not absolute but do you buy m3 so expensive than air 3 with absolute wireless communication technology. O3 devices will not work with O4 devices in anyway. Air 3 almost same specs with m3 but beter with o4.
2023-8-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules