Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-11 13:45
Yes, but "almost the same specs" isn't the same.  For most, the Air 3 is fine, especially at half the price.  But if one desires a 4/3 sensor, variable aperture, & triple cameras, the Mavic 3 Pro is the only way to go.  Personally I would get it with the DJI RC or RC-N1.  O3+ still provides exceptional range.  Look how many of us are still flying Mavic 2 Pros or Enterprise units with O2.

Flying still is ok but buying still is different i believe.

Even the photo/video quality so close with M3 and air3. lightweight also so nice. I have M3 and i personally see and very much liked Air3. Only the 28x zoom is missing there yet, we can expect Air3 Pro maybe in near future.
2023-8-11
Use props
Mark MarkySF
lvl.1

United States

TonyPHX Posted at 8-4 07:11
Dead?  Nah.  It works just great with the drones it was designed for.  Not sure what you are looking for here.

it doesn't work great with either my Mavic 3 Pro or my Mini 3 Pro.  the arrow on the compass for tracking if you are pointed towards the drone does not work on either drone.  today, i went the extra step to isolate it.  i switched the bindings moving the RC Pro to the Mini 3 and DJI RC the the Mavic 3 Pro.  whichever drone i bind/connect the DJIRC works exactly as it should.  And whichever drone i bind/connect the RC Pro to does not.

the fact is this.  DJI is too busy shoveling out new products to make sure the ones they've already released works.  

plus, i've emailed their customer service 5 times.  and 5 times, they did not even bother to respond.  
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Mark MarkySF Posted at 8-12 19:31
it doesn't work great with either my Mavic 3 Pro or my Mini 3 Pro.  the arrow on the compass for tracking if you are pointed towards the drone does not work on either drone.  today, i went the extra step to isolate it.  i switched the bindings moving the RC Pro to the Mini 3 and DJI RC the the Mavic 3 Pro.  whichever drone i bind/connect the DJIRC works exactly as it should.  And whichever drone i bind/connect the RC Pro to does not.

the fact is this.  DJI is too busy shoveling out new products to make sure the ones they've already released works.  

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. About the issue you said, may we have the ticket numbers or the email address you contacted our support? We will forward this to our teams and confirm further.
2023-8-13
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-4 05:36
My guess is that the RC Pro will never see O4 due to hardware limitations. Can the Air3 work on O3/+? Who knows. I think the RC Pro 2 (or whatever it will be called) will carry us forward, possibly (hopefully) with backwards compatibility. I for one would NOT purchase the new RC Pro unless it was backward compatible out of the box.

DJI RC Pro technically already has the hardware capable of O4, there is no reason DJI can't put O4 drones on the RC Pro.
2023-8-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28641640 ft
  • >>>
United States

DubSound Posted at 8-15 04:23
DJI RC Pro technically already has the hardware capable of O4, there is no reason DJI can't put O4 drones on the RC Pro.

It has the proper antenna setup, but the necessary hardware/chipset, only DJI knows those details. From a business standpoint they'd be silly to make it backwards compatible. Will the RC2 be made B/C? If so, that may shed some light for the path forward.
2023-8-15
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

They really don't care.
2023-8-18
Use props
Mark MarkySF
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-13 03:27
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. About the issue you said, may we have the ticket numbers or the email address you contacted our support? We will forward this to our teams and confirm further.

ive finally had contact with DJI customer service.   instead of using the website form to contact, i used the email address.   im in the process of returning the remote for assessment.  my concern is that others have returned it.  then had it returned to them as "repaired" and then immediately had the same issue.

thank you for your messages.
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Mark MarkySF Posted at 10-1 14:44
ive finally had contact with DJI customer service.   instead of using the website form to contact, i used the email address.   im in the process of returning the remote for assessment.  my concern is that others have returned it.  then had it returned to them as "repaired" and then immediately had the same issue.

Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand-new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand-new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers.
If you have any questions after you receive the products, please let us know.
2023-10-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Mark MarkySF Posted at 10-1 14:44

To help ease your mind a little, I just sent my RC Pro to the repair facility in Cali. I received a replacement instead of my original. If anything, it is better than the one I sent. It is perfect in every way. I only had to  log in, reinstall my apps and relink to my drone.
2023-10-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-15 05:33
It has the proper antenna setup, but the necessary hardware/chipset, only DJI knows those details. From a business standpoint they'd be silly to make it backwards compatible. Will the RC2 be made B/C? If so, that may shed some light for the path forward.

If you spend a bit of time doing your homework, you will quickly find out that every drone and radio release by DJI use either the P1 (Pigeon) or the S1 (Sparrow) chipset... And since the introduction of those chips, the OS has been purely based on software... That's what made the OS such a great advancement from previous models...

The RC Pro could easily run Os4 and possibly even Os5 as long as DJI keep using the same two chips...

No need to buy another radio just to use the latest Os...

There are videos out there showing the chipset and explaining how and why the Os software based is so good for DJI...

This choice was made by DJI purely based on marketing strategy. It has nothing to do with new technology. It is simply a software update called Os4... Better range and also faster in transmission (forgot how many nanosecond faster that Os3)...

This video does explain a bit of the Ocusync story...

Some reading here as well

https://www.suasnews.com/2022/05 ... t-its-not-all-that/

2023-11-2
Use props
jakeflys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1598481 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So you're saying the RC Pro could be updated with firmware?

Can DJI not confirm this, save us ditching hardware we only purchased a few months ago!

I'm holding off from buying the MM4Pro until I know it's usable with the RC Pro.
2023-11-16
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

The RC Pro should be compatible at least with this new O4 generation models, but I am sure than an RC Pro 2 is in development right now
2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_4T2uoky4WP57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 397972 ft
Canada

But then how come the Smart Remote which is Ocusync 2.0 can be used for Mavic Pro 2 which is Ocusync 2.0 and as well as my Air 2S which is Ocusync 3.0.
2023-12-7
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5231283 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's funny you're asking becase I'mthinking the same thing. Not sure where to go. Would like to upgrade from my smart controller, butthe pro only handles certain models and it may be finished here. I guarantee whatever comes out next won't be backwards compatible. Then what?
2023-12-8
Use props
wsteeleNYC
lvl.1
United States

KnNLmS Posted at 8-10 09:03
What a big dilemma.
M3 Pro sales will stop because it is O3 and outdated,
RC Pro sales will stop because it is O3 and outdated.

What should have happenned, is O4 remotes at the very least should be backwards compatible with 03 drones.  Perhaps this is already on their roadmap.  Unfortunately we never get repsonses from engineers, just admins that know nothing.
2023-12-11
Use props
djiuser_wyalRXJzh8z4
lvl.1
United States

Markonkof Posted at 2023-8-4 07:13
that's what hold me from the Mavic 3 pro , i want it so bad , but since the RC pro is 2 years old already , i have a feeling that the same what happen with the Smart controller will happen again with the RC pro.
but that's my guess

I hope for the price of the RC pro 2 it would be dual compatible with 03 and 04 drones. I got the RC pro so as I have the Mavic 3 and mini pro 3 (I've upgraded to the mini. Pro 4 now so can't use it any more for the Mini 4 pro which is annoying!)
1-27 15:41
Use props
007bandido
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello,
For my part, after Mavic 3, I hope I'll could use RC Pro with recent drone with capabilities to fly with old protocols. O4 uses three bands, O3+ juste 2 but the sames than O4. So, maybe Air 3 could fly with O4 degraded transmission capabilities.
2-10 06:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

007bandido Posted at 2-10 06:20
Hello,
For my part, after Mavic 3, I hope I'll could use RC Pro with recent drone with capabilities to fly with old protocols. O4 uses three bands, O3+ juste 2 but the sames than O4. So, maybe Air 3 could fly with O4 degraded transmission capabilities.

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Currently, the DJI Air 3 can be controlled with the DJI RC2 and DJI RC-N2 remote controllers. For further updates, please stay tuned to our official website. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-12 01:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules