Did DJI fix the focus issue with the action 4?
1108 1 2023-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Diceman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49528 ft
United States

I know they said they fixed the issue in a firmware version (they didn't, they just increased sharpness so you couldn't tell as much how out of focus it was, you can't fix a lens being out of focus in software).

This was the biggest and really only reason I returned my action 3, it was better I'm almost every other way than the hero 11.  But comparing them side by side the image was just so out of focus I had to stick with the hero 11.  I was just hoping they fixed it in the action 4.

I just haven't seen any of the tests yet that show those image test charts at varying distances, and also adding diopters to see if it makes it more in focus.  Those were great videos.
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out the DJI Osmo Action 4 has a much upgrade focus range (0.4m to ∞) than the DJI Action 3 (0.3m to ∞). The clear focal distance is from 0.4 m to infinity. This means that the targeted subject is clear when the distance between the lens and the subject is more than 0.4 m. If ever you experience any issues with the DJI Osmo Action 4 focus, please don't hesitate to tell us so we can help you. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules