Received a mini 3 pro already bound to someone else
579 12 2023-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stumblinhorse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7595 ft

United States

Purchased a drone from Amazon and after 10 days in shipping received it a couple of days ago.  As I have been figuring and fixing items on it, I have come to realize it is bound to someone else.  Does this really matter and should I care?  If it does matter how do I get it set to me?
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello there! Please kindly note that normally only the account owner has the right to unbind the drone from the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product and to respect the privacy rules and regulations. And if the seller is DJI's authorized dealer and helps to confirm the drone does not belong to the original owner anymore, DJI could help unbind the drone from the original account. To help you unbind the account, please contact the sales platform or store to provide an authorized unbinding letter and get in touch with https://www.dji.com/support for assistance in resolving the unbinding issue. I have sent you a private message for a sample of the unbinding letter.
2023-8-4
Use props
Stumblinhorse
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-4 16:24
Hello there! Please kindly note that normally only the account owner has the right to unbind the drone from the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product and to respect the privacy rules and regulations. And if the seller is DJI's authorized dealer and helps to confirm the drone does not belong to the original owner anymore, DJI could help unbind the drone from the original account. To help you unbind the account, please contact the sales platform or store to provide an authorized unbinding letter and get in touch with https://www.dji.com/support for assistance in resolving the unbinding issue. I have sent you a private message for a sample of the unbinding letter.

I bought it from Amazon.  Not sure they will do anything other than replacing it.  Does it matter who it is bound to?  I have the invoice from Amazon.   But is there something that matters about binding?  
2023-8-4
Use props
Stumblinhorse
lvl.1

United States

I have attached a copy of my Amazon invoice to case CAS-13750587-V6Z3Y0.  Can that please be used?
2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Stumblinhorse Posted at 8-5 11:21
I have attached a copy of my Amazon invoice to case CAS-13750587-V6Z3Y0.  Can that please be used?

Hi there. We'll relay this to the team to further look into the matter. Anticipating your patience and understanding.
2023-8-5
Use props
Stumblinhorse
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-5 11:32
Hi there. We'll relay this to the team to further look into the matter. Anticipating your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your help
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Stumblinhorse Posted at 8-6 17:10
Thank you for your help

Hello, there. May we know if you have shipped the package? If you have any questions later, please feel free to talk.
2023-8-7
Use props
Stumblinhorse
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-7 00:19
Hello, there. May we know if you have shipped the package? If you have any questions later, please feel free to talk.

No the drone is working fine.  It is just bound to someone else.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Stumblinhorse Posted at 8-7 06:04
No the drone is working fine.  It is just bound to someone else.

The account will be associated and bound to the remote controller and aircraft when it is activated. After binding, an un-associated account will be restricted from usage to protect your usage rights. May I confirm if you're using the bound remote controller and the bound account currently? If so, you can directly unbind it through the app. As for the case you've submitted, may I confirm if you do not need to send it back for repair/replaced, right?
2023-8-8
Use props
Stumblinhorse
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-8 00:54
The account will be associated and bound to the remote controller and aircraft when it is activated. After binding, an un-associated account will be restricted from usage to protect your usage rights. May I confirm if you're using the bound remote controller and the bound account currently? If so, you can directly unbind it through the app. As for the case you've submitted, may I confirm if you do not need to send it back for repair/replaced, right?

Yes, I am using the drone currently.  The problem with active track was solved by turning on subject tracking.
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Stumblinhorse Posted at 8-8 05:21
Yes, I am using the drone currently.  The problem with active track was solved by turning on subject tracking.

Okay, if there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-8-9
Use props
Stumblinhorse
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-9 01:22
Okay, if there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.

It is bound to someone else is the problem that I am trying to solve now.  I sent a copy of the invoice in the case above.  Can it be bound to me?
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Stumblinhorse Posted at 8-9 04:59
It is bound to someone else is the problem that I am trying to solve now.  I sent a copy of the invoice in the case above.  Can it be bound to me?

As we explained above, it is needed to perform unbinding via the associate account. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the original owner or seller for assistance in unbinding. If you can't contact the original owner, you can contact our support team for further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules