Bad range goggles 2 with dji fpv drone
2982 19 2023-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XotarFPV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164288 ft
Indonesia

Hello, can some one help me why this setup - G2+RC2+dji fpv range so bad. fly with los to 400mtr range my bitrate drop to 5-10Mbps.
My G2 is already FCC , before fly with this, using dji goggle v2 can fly 1km ++

2023-8-4
Use props
Sudupe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 691407 ft
  • >>>
France

Same problem here
2023-8-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Are you using the ham file hack? That's my question before switching from the V2 goggles with the other hack...
2023-8-5
Use props
XotarFPV
lvl.3
Indonesia

Depp Posted at 8-5 04:32
Are you using the ham file hack? That's my question before switching from the V2 goggles with the other hack...

im already try ham but i think is not working with new firmware, if compare with my avata i have good range using G2
2023-8-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

XotarFPV Posted at 8-5 05:27
im already try ham but i think is not working with new firmware, if compare with my avata i have good range using G2

Thanks for the info, hope someone finds a way.
2023-8-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i said so in a different thread.  same here, the range on goggles2 and integra is not so great when using with fpv; switching back to goggles v2.

look, we asked and begged for this compatibility and while it works, it is substandard and dji didn't want to do it.  but it made sense with remote ID.

not impressed.
2023-8-5
Use props
fans707e3076
lvl.1
Flight distance : 521257 ft
Malaysia

I experience similar problem. Bad RC2 range when using Goggles Integra + DJI FPV Drone. My video feed can outrange the RC2.
When I change to Goggles V2, similar problem. When using the same RC2 with Avata, all is ok.
So I conclude that the fault must be with the firmware of the DJI FPV Drone. Hope DJI can fix this.
2023-8-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans707e3076 Posted at 8-7 08:09
I experience similar problem. Bad RC2 range when using Goggles Integra + DJI FPV Drone. My video feed can outrange the RC2.
When I change to Goggles V2, similar problem. When using the same RC2 with Avata, all is ok.
So I conclude that the fault must be with the firmware of the DJI FPV Drone. Hope DJI can fix this.

thanks for confirming that i was not "seeing" things.  pretty sad because it would be nice to use all these goggles but the fpv is so fast that you cannot afford to have the googles go down so quickly.  it seems like i get a pixel or two and then bam!  she's freezing up and now i've learned when i see that pixelation just stop and turn around or climb.  takes away from the whole experience.  and when i revisit with v2 and it's perfect, hard to go back.  same place, same time, avata + integra/goggle2 and it's fine too but i'm not hopefully that dji is going to fix this.  seems to me they delivered rid and that's it.
2023-8-7
Use props
Sudupe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 691407 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Any news from DJI team?
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, XotarFPV. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm/try the following steps below:
1. Confirm whether the flight distance is within the maximum transmission distance range, if it exceeds the maximum range, it may be abnormal or disconnected long-distance signal transmission;
Note:
The maximum transmission distance of DJI FPV in a non-interference and unobstructed environment: 10 km (FCC) /6 km (SRRC/CE).
2. Confirm that the aircraft, remote control, and goggles firmware versions are all the latest versions. If not, please update them first.
3. Please check whether the flight environment is open and clear, and whether there is any interference (such as a communication base station, a transmission line tower, and so on).  For FPV, please make sure that the image transmission band is set to auto mode or 40 MHz to obtain the best image transmission signal.
4. Check the position of the remote controller. Point the remote control in the direction of the aircraft to reduce the communication distance. Please make sure the goggles antenna is well mounted and unfolded, and check whether the goggles antenna is damaged. If it is damaged, it needs to be replaced.

5. Is there any obstacle between the remote controller and the aircraft, and are you flying with your back to the aircraft? (Avoid shortening the communication distance due to obstruction)
The influence of obstruction on the image transmission signal is similar to that of other wireless signals. For example, the signal of domestic routers will be greatly weakened after passing through a wall. The radio signal will attenuate during airborne transmission. A common roadside camphor tree crown can attenuate the signal by about half of the image transmission distance. Dense trees or a reinforced concrete wall can attenuate the signal by about 1/32 of the image transmission distance. Hence, please check the surrounding flight environment to eliminate signal attenuation due to blockage as much as possible.
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sudupe Posted at 8-5 04:25
Same problem here

Hi, Sudupe. We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. Please try the steps provided above. Thank you.
2023-8-14
Use props
XotarFPV
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-14 07:49
Hi, XotarFPV. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm/try the following steps below:
1. Confirm whether the flight distance is within the maximum transmission distance range, if it exceeds the maximum range, it may be abnormal or disconnected long-distance signal transmission;
Note:

thanks for ur reply gamora.
im fpv user, and have avata too, mavic and drone racer. so i understand how to using antenna direction for good reception.
flying avata with googles 2 nothing problem, i can reach over 1km++ even im flying bando im still happy about that range.
but if flying potato/dji fpv with googles 2 is totally different range, soooooo bad. 200-300 mtr bitrate drop and not stable like avata, and fyi im flying this los (line of sight).
pls fix that, thanks
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

XotarFPV Posted at 8-15 03:59
thanks for ur reply gamora.
im fpv user, and have avata too, mavic and drone racer. so i understand how to using antenna direction for good reception.
flying avata with googles 2 nothing problem, i can reach over 1km++ even im flying bando im still happy about that range.

Hi, XotarFPV. Thank you for the reply. Please provide us with the following information for further checking about this issue:

1. When flying, the video of the goggles and the sky unit; the video needs to reflect the flight environment and enter the image transmission interface to check the frequency band settings.

2. Flight control data (data of the flight):

Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the official website. Download link:
(https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series).
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series). Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.

3. Goggles Log:

Using the same software, connect the goggles then go to Log Export and click "Save to local". Then select the file which needs to be exported.

4. Remote control Log:

Using the same software, connect the RC then go to Log Export and click "Save to local". Then select the file which needs to be exported.

5. Test time and exception description.

Once the required information has been completed, please upload them to a shareable link like Goggle Drive or DropBox. Thank you.
2023-8-16
Use props
XotarFPV
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-16 06:56
Hi, XotarFPV. Thank you for the reply. Please provide us with the following information for further checking about this issue:

1. When flying, the video of the goggles and the sky unit; the video needs to reflect the flight environment and enter the image transmission interface to check the frequency band settings.

thanks gamora, i will share the link if im already have the file log.
2023-8-17
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

After many problems with coverage, I returned to firmware v01.06.0000. Unfortunately this version doesn't support raicer fpv but it works much better with mini 3 pro and O3.
2023-8-25
Use props
XotarFPV
lvl.3
Indonesia

nOxxxx Posted at 8-25 12:01
After many problems with coverage, I returned to firmware v01.06.0000. Unfortunately this version doesn't support raicer fpv but it works much better with mini 3 pro and O3.

nice bro, but i need for potato with G2
2023-8-26
Use props
ilusion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148629 ft
Spain

Good evening, I have the same problem, I have the DJI googles 2, I have very little range with the DJI FPV compared to the DJI Avata, in the DJI FPV I lose signal, I reach more than twice as much in the same place with the Avata.

I see I'm not the only one who has this problem.
Thank you so much!
2-18 12:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ilusion Posted at 2-18 12:38
Good evening, I have the same problem, I have the DJI googles 2, I have very little range with the DJI FPV compared to the DJI Avata, in the DJI FPV I lose signal, I reach more than twice as much in the same place with the Avata.

I see I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already tried DJI Gamora's suggestion above in reply 11#? Thank you.
2-18 21:19
Use props
Mr. MR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 795617 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-8-14 07:49
Note:

I'm not so sure that setting the transmission bandwidth to 40 Mhz is the right answer. While this does provide the highest quality video to the goggles, it also suffers from low avaliable bandwidth between the drone and the goggles much sooner. I would recommend setting the bandwidth to 20 or even 10 Mhz to see if that increases your range.

The reason this should work (and I have verified it with my Avata) is that less data is transmitted at lower bandwidths, so much fewer packets are dropped as the bandwidth dips, thus extending the range where usable video can be received. I nearly doubled the usable range of my goggles by reducing the transmission bandwidth to 10 Mhz.

Keep in mind that if you are recording video with the drone, it will still record in high resolution no matter what the transmission bandwidth is set to, so the only thing that is really affected is the quality of the video during flight and videos recorded on the goggles, not the video recorded on the drone.
3-20 07:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr. MR Posted at 3-20 07:50
I'm not so sure that setting the transmission bandwidth to 40 Mhz is the right answer. While this does provide the highest quality video to the goggles, it also suffers from low avaliable bandwidth between the drone and the goggles much sooner. I would recommend setting the bandwidth to 20 or even 10 Mhz to see if that increases your range.

The reason this should work (and I have verified it with my Avata) is that less data is transmitted at lower bandwidths, so much fewer packets are dropped as the bandwidth dips, thus extending the range where usable video can be received. I nearly doubled the usable range of my goggles by reducing the transmission bandwidth to 10 Mhz.

Thank you for sharing your ideas, Mr. MR. However, the steps above are recommended for troubleshooting purposes. Users may use the settings that they would like while flying. Have a nice day!
3-22 06:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules