This is the guy to watch for honest reviews

2023-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent review,  although DJI should have sent him a unit in my opinion.  
2023-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-5 01:07
Excellent review,  although DJI should have sent him a unit in my opinion.

No he is better doing the honest stuff. He will I am sure earn the price of the drone back from his channel
2023-8-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative video and superb review.    Ian always does honest reviews.  

I bought my grandson the Air 3 and he got in 2 flights before we found out the bottom LED auxiliary light does not work.  DJI Support told me to refresh FW with Assistant 2 but that didn't correct the issue.  So it had to be returned for a warranty replacement.  However, during his 2 flights I witnessed how much of an improvement is of this drone over my Air 2S.  It definitely ascends and descends faster, love the waypoints and cruise control.  The OC4 transmission system is fantastic as you get much stronger signal and the video being sent back to the RC2 is amazingly clear.  Just a huge jump over Air 2S.  
2023-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-5 07:34
Very informative video and superb review.    Ian always does honest reviews.  

I bought my grandson the Air 3 and he got in 2 flights before we found out the bottom LED auxiliary light does not work.  DJI Support told me to refresh FW with Assistant 2 but that didn't correct the issue.  So it had to be returned for a warranty replacement.  However, during his 2 flights I witnessed how much of an improvement is of this drone over my Air 2S.  It definitely ascends and descends faster, love the waypoints and cruise control.  The OC4 transmission system is fantastic as you get much stronger signal and the video being sent back to the RC2 is amazingly clear.  Just a huge jump over Air 2S.

Dont be saying stuff like that I will give me the Urge again
2023-8-5
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-5 04:49
No he is better doing the honest stuff. He will I am sure earn the price of the drone back from his channel

Thank you squire!  Very happy with this new model!  Lots of new fun features you find on the bigger Mavic 3, but on a smaller, lighter model!  Happy lad
2023-8-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-5 10:43
Dont be saying stuff like that I will give me the Urge again

Sorry about stirring up that urge in you to buy the Air 3.  It truly is an upgrade from the Air 2S.  

Ahh, what the heck - go ahead and buy another new toy.  
2023-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-5 04:49

The only problem though is that he wasnt that honest,    You and I could not make that flight legally as he took within 50m of a road and someone else's property,  He has the A2CofC so he can do it at 50m but for someone without that would be limited to 150m.
2023-8-6
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-6 06:21
The only problem though is that he wasnt that honest,    You and I could not make that flight legally as he took within 50m of a road and someone else's property,  He has the A2CofC so he can do it at 50m but for someone without that would be limited to 150m.

It's a pretty deserted dead end lane, and my neighbour knows what I do and has given permission for each flight; I don't think that makes things dishonest.... And the opening line is about how much more restriction the larger drone brings with it....
2023-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 8-6 16:18
It's a pretty deserted dead end lane, and my neighbour knows what I do and has given permission for each flight; I don't think that makes things dishonest.... And the opening line is about how much more restriction the larger drone brings with it....

I dont believe the rules say the road can be quite as an exception to be honest.  
2023-8-6
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-6 23:32
I dont believe the rules say the road can be quite as an exception to be honest.

Can you show me the rule about not flying near any road?
2023-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 8-6 23:45
Can you show me the rule about not flying near any road?

It's 50m with A2CofC from uninvolved people,  you have no control of the road so there could be uninvolved people there, without A2CofC its 150m from residential, commercial and industrial areas so Im  sure you could include a road into one of those descriptions.  
2023-8-6
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-6 23:56
It's 50m with A2CofC from uninvolved people,  you have no control of the road so there could be uninvolved people there, without A2CofC its 150m from residential, commercial and industrial areas so Im  sure you could include a road into one of those descriptions.

Exactly.  As most know, I do have the A2CofC and there is no rule against flying near a road; it's about proximity to uninvolved people and making a pilot judgment about whether it's safe to fly, and taking appropriate action if an uninvolved person ventures into your flying area.  
My issue here is that you implied I was dishonest, when in fact, it just seems our interpretation of the rules differs.  
2023-8-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 8-7 00:05
Exactly.  As most know, I do have the A2CofC and there is no rule against flying near a road; it's about proximity to uninvolved people and making a pilot judgment about whether it's safe to fly, and taking appropriate action if an uninvolved person ventures into your flying area.  
My issue here is that you implied I was dishonest, when in fact, it just seems our interpretation of the rules differs.

As I stated in my first comment about this I said  you had the A2CofC.    However if you saw the interview with Callum Holland from the UK CAA his opinion was 50m separation from a road was required as at some point an uninvolved person could be in that space and that although common sense should be applied,  the sense here is that people could be arriving at their destination,    cycling etc.  
2023-8-7
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-7 00:18
As I stated in my first comment about this I said  you had the A2CofC.    However if you saw the interview with Callum Holland from the UK CAA his opinion was 50m separation from a road was required as at some point an uninvolved person could be in that space and that although common sense should be applied,  the sense here is that people could be arriving at their destination,    cycling etc.

Which still doesn't make me dishonest!  There is no actual rule about not flying near a road and Callum's opinion is just that; an opinion.  Think we're done here.....  
2023-8-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 8-7 00:26
Which still doesn't make me dishonest!  There is no actual rule about not flying near a road and Callum's opinion is just that; an opinion.  Think we're done here.....

The rule he references is uninvolved people.   
2023-8-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, he is down to earth!
2023-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

(or at least seems to be)
2023-8-30
Use props
BlairTheMaori
lvl.1
Flight distance : 611729 ft
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 8-7 00:28
The rule he references is uninvolved people.

Wait, so you're saying that you cant fly your drone within 50m of where someone could "potentially" be? like a road? So how about a park? A beach? On a mountain during a hike? Where can you use the drone then?
2023-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BlairTheMaori Posted at 11-29 00:54
Wait, so you're saying that you cant fly your drone within 50m of where someone could "potentially" be? like a road? So how about a park? A beach? On a mountain during a hike? Where can you use the drone then?

Yes,  depending on the weight of the drone you may have to be as far as 150m away in any direction or people/property/parks/beaches etc.      That's why the <250g category has become so important here.
2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_TRzxZ4bm2ZiS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 525279 ft
Denmark

Keep up the good work Ian and ignore all the bullsh.t   
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules