1607 18 2023-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the reviews I have seen I think the Air 3 is incredible but seems very noisy. Bit of a deal breaker for me. What do others think
2023-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would agree,   especially if you want to go unnoticed when flying.
2023-8-5
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

It's a big, heavy and fast machine. Noise level look similar to Air 2 (just my guess from video reviews)...
2023-8-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sound report:

2023-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fine but I am more interested in peoples own perception rather than copy and paste stuff
2023-8-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying the Air 3 and Air 2S in the same location and a few minutes apart I used a digital sound level meter and I found that the Air 3 is 3dB quieter than the Air 2S.  
2023-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-5 07:28
Flying the Air 3 and Air 2S in the same location and a few minutes apart I used a digital sound level meter and I found that the Air 3 is 3dB quieter than the Air 2S.

That is quite a lot
2023-8-5
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had my flight today with the Air3, I find it quieter than the Mavic 3
I didn’t find it rough on my ears at all.
2023-8-5
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems slightly noisier than Mavic 3 at take off but its very slight at 100 ft they are the same , it’s quieter than older dji drones but no as quiet as a mini. Nobody complained to me.  Joe public hasn’t a clue whether drones are noisier than each other he perceives them to be all noisy, there is no drone you can go unnoticed flying but they’re still not as loud as ride on lawnmowers and yet the neighbors use there’s twice a week for an hour each time much more than most use their drones
2023-8-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quieter than the Air2s, and a more pleasant pitch close by. With MAS props, more pleasant.
2023-8-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-5 10:43
That is quite a lot

Yes, it kind of surprised me at first but my grandson and I verified the dB rating twice.  
2023-8-6
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-5 07:28

thats what i needed to hear
2023-8-8
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems less noisy to me than some other drones I've flown, because I think the prop noise is at a lower pitch.  It's not as quiet as my Mini 3 Pro at 30M high, but it's not annoying either.  It's definitely not as loud as some legacy DJI drones, like the Phantom 2 or Mavic Pro.
2023-8-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 15:38
It seems slightly noisier than Mavic 3 at take off but its very slight at 100 ft they are the same , it’s quieter than older dji drones but no as quiet as a mini. Nobody complained to me.  Joe public hasn’t a clue whether drones are noisier than each other he perceives them to be all noisy, there is no drone you can go unnoticed flying but they’re still not as loud as ride on lawnmowers and yet the neighbors use there’s twice a week for an hour each time much more than most use their drones

The Mini 3 Pro can be virtually unnoticed in terms of noise
2023-8-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

angeloffate Posted at 8-8 03:16
thats what i needed to hear

I was surprised but glad it turned out to be quieter.  Even checked the meters twice.
2023-8-8
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-8 11:16
I was surprised but glad it turned out to be quieter.  Even checked the meters twice.

Props are much diffrent?
Maybe that prop angle  make a job
2023-8-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

angeloffate Posted at 8-8 23:40
Props are much diffrent?
Maybe that prop angle  make a job

Definitely a different design.  
2023-8-9
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

not true, its just louder
2023-9-4
Use props
msmoker37a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576913 ft
United States

I dont have my air 3 yet (it shipped ground and seems to be on a train or something) but the mini 2 was 'loud'. I told people unless it was flying at 300/350 feet, you could hear it. I was just thinking about this a few days ago. its common knowledge. your not going to be able to go un-noticed with a bigger drone.
2023-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules