Solutions for Slow Charging Issue of DJI Air 3
12Next >
12827 66 2023-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

Since the release of the brand new DJI Air 3, we are now able to enjoy the unique flight experience it has brought to us. At the same time, we also received some inquiries from the DJI Air 3 users about the charging time and charger specs. For example, which fast charging protocol chargers does DJI Air 3 support? How much power should I choose? Can I use the mobile phone charger directly? What should I do if charging is slow? Now let me provide you with the best answer.

First of all, DJI Air 3 and its charging hub support a charger that supports PD3.0 and PPS protocols, using other chargers that do not support the protocol may lead to slow charging.
So if you experience a slow charging issue, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1.        Please Check the charger model and output current as well as the voltage. If the power output of the charger is low (less than 65W or 100W), please use a charger that supports PD3.0 and PPS protocols, or purchase DJI official charging equipment.
DJI 100W USB-C Power Adapter: https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... n=US&from=store-nav
DJI 65W Portable Charger: https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... result=2&vid=110001

Tips: Generally, chargers with Type C port support the PD protocol. If needed, you can take pictures of the specs of the charger and the output information and provide them to us for confirmation. For example:
0.png

2.        If a charger that supports PD3.0 and PPS protocols is used, please check if the charger has multiple ports. It is recommended to use a Type C-to-Type C cable for charging and ensure that no other ports are connected to the device. (For DJI 65W Portable Charger, confirm if the charging is done using the USB-C cable provided with the charger.)
1.png

3.        If the issue persists after trying the above method, check whether the cable supports fast charging, and try to confirm if a mobile device that supports fast charging can be charged normally.
3.png

4.        If the cable is functioning normally, check the status LED on the battery charging hub is displayed normally (if no charging hub is available and the battery cannot be charged after trying the above troubleshooting plans, send the product back for repair). Normally, the status LED on the battery charging hub pulses green. When there are three batteries in the battery charging hub and only one of the batteries is being charged, the battery level LEDs blink in sequence.
2.png

Notes:
When using a power bank (including outdoor power banks) to charge the charging hub, please do not use a dual-connector cable to connect the power bank and the charging hub. This will cause the charging hub to charge the power bank in reverse*.

* Refer to DJI Air 3 User Manual - Using Charging Hub as a Power Bank for more details.

If the steps above do not solve the charging issue, please contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support/product for further assistance.

2023-8-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the very detailed and informative post.  
2023-8-5
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1362336 ft

Germany

nice tut good work
2023-8-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI 100w charger, out of stock, argh....lol
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_vWpvbnAytJll
lvl.2
Flight distance : 714751 ft
Philippines

Hello...im using 180w charger but charging takes 12 hours
2023-8-9
Use props
fanse52f633d
New
Flight distance : 137920 ft
Greece

Hello, just received the air3 and after 24 hours of charging the batteries are below 50%. When charging with a MacBook charger it goes very fast. If the charger makes such a difference maybe it would make sense to include it in the package.
2023-8-9
Use props
kensaqt0925
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508983 ft
United States

definitely need to get a new block thought it might have been the hub! thank you for all the information
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_vWpvbnAytJll Posted at 8-9 08:36
Hello...im using 180w charger but charging takes 12 hours

Hi there, sorry for the belated reply. May I know if your charger supports PD3.0 and PPS protocols? Could you please provide a picture of your charger for better confirmation?
2023-8-11
Use props
QuadPop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1305285 ft
United States

I bought 2 Anker 100W PD 3.0 USB-C bricks for $28 ea. One charges the two batteries in the hub and one charges the battery in the drone. Having 2 batteries charging at 100W cut my charging time way down.
2023-8-16
Use props
djiuser_EpMfMokRphn8
New
Flight distance : 52703 ft
United States

I'm sorry, but for the price of these units ( whether solo or in fly more bundle) there is absolutely no excuse to NOT include a charger. Especially when the requirements are so specific and using a 3rd party chapter surely isn't covered by your own warranty.
We get simply a short usb-C to usb-C cable?
This almost sounds like a class action waiting to happen.  
Please, do the right thing DJI, and reach out to those of us and take the hit at this point to supply an actual AC adapter for this dock.
I don't have one that will work right now, live a distance from town and just spent appx $1,500 for a drone package with no realistically functioning charge dock (included doesn't mean partially to me)

Dave Hubbard
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_EpMfMokRphn8 Posted at 8-17 01:46
I'm sorry, but for the price of these units ( whether solo or in fly more bundle) there is absolutely no excuse to NOT include a charger. Especially when the requirements are so specific and using a 3rd party chapter surely isn't covered by your own warranty.
Hi Dave. We completely understand your concern. The post above is for those experiencing slow charging issues. DJI Air 3 uses the commonly available USB-C port for charging. You can directly use chargers with this type of port, such as those used for Android devices or Mac. Please rest assured that it will not damage your battery.

We have also taken into consideration that including a charger in the package would increase the overall price of the product. In order to provide you with more flexibility in choosing, we have decided not to include a charger in the package. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-8-17
Use props
djiuser_qe4h7HrWR19o
New

Greece

djiuser_EpMfMokRphn8 Posted at 8-17 01:46

I agree and I'm disappointed from dji
2023-8-19
Use props
Barungamon
lvl.1

United States

I have to say, I'm kind of bummed out that I've been charging my 3 batteries for 2 days now and they still aren't all charged. I'm using a samsung phone quick charger, but from what I'm reading that is not enough. As the DJI 100watt charger is not only out of stock, but $95 dollars, I'll be researching 3rd party alternatives.

It's just a rude "surprise" I have discovered with the new Air 3. It's too bad too, because DJI has such a great record of quality and value.

I guess I would have felt better about the situation if the website clearly stated when purchasing the drone package that we need the special charger in order to quickly charge the batteries. For $1500, I absolutely thought I would have everything I needed.

Still I love DJI stuff and look forward to flying.
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Barungamon Posted at 8-19 11:53
I have to say, I'm kind of bummed out that I've been charging my 3 batteries for 2 days now and they still aren't all charged. I'm using a samsung phone quick charger, but from what I'm reading that is not enough. As the DJI 100watt charger is not only out of stock, but $95 dollars, I'll be researching 3rd party alternatives.

It's just a rude "surprise" I have discovered with the new Air 3. It's too bad too, because DJI has such a great record of quality and value.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please try to use a charger that supports PD3.0 and PPS protocols? You can also send me a picture of your charger and I will double-check the specs.
2023-8-21
Use props
Mavic Air 2 use
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1046224 ft
Peru

DJI Tony Posted at 8-17 02:27
Hi Dave. We completely understand your concern. The post above is for those experiencing slow charging issues. DJI Air 3 uses the commonly available USB-C port for charging. You can directly use chargers with this type of port, such as those used for Android devices or Mac. Please rest assured that it will not damage your battery.

We have also taken into consideration that including a charger in the package would increase the overall price of the product. In order to provide you with more flexibility in choosing, we have decided not to include a charger in the package. Thank you for your understanding.

Who is saying we want the charger for free, charge more, bundle it, bundle the ND filters. Do what you used to do, fly more means top of the line with all accessories, especially one we need to charge the batteries. Honestly, DJI is changing it's policy on what the price for product ratio is in the wrong way. Keeping away from this one due to that. Honestly, I wish you had real competition, that way you would keep shooting straight like you used to.
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_TWpbLJrMFRog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36969 ft
Canada

Hello,
I have charged my dji air3 batteries with my s23 charger  twice. I did not however make note of how long it took.
May have been 2hrs .... anyway my question is do the specs on the charger work with the dji air 3 requirements.. please advise and thank you in advance
20230823_170645.jpg
2023-8-26
Use props
djiuser_TWpbLJrMFRog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36969 ft
Canada

Hello,
I have charged my dji air3 batteries in the charging hub, with my s23 charger  twice. I did not however make note of how long it took.
May have been 2hrs .... anyway my question is do the specs on the charger work with the dji air 3 requirements.. please advise and thank you in advance
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_TWpbLJrMFRog Posted at 8-26 07:26
Hello,
I have charged my dji air3 batteries with my s23 charger  twice. I did not however make note of how long it took.
May have been 2hrs .... anyway my question is do the specs on the charger work with the dji air 3 requirements.. please advise and thank you in advance

Hi, djiuser_TWpbLJrMFRog. Thank you for reaching out. The specification of the charger meets the requirement so it should be safe. If it is able to charge well depending on the compatibility of the charger, you may need to test it first. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mavic Air 2 use Posted at 8-25 20:20
Who is saying we want the charger for free, charge more, bundle it, bundle the ND filters. Do what you used to do, fly more means top of the line with all accessories, especially one we need to charge the batteries. Honestly, DJI is changing it's policy on what the price for product ratio is in the wrong way. Keeping away from this one due to that. Honestly, I wish you had real competition, that way you would keep shooting straight like you used to.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-8-27
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My problem is using three battery cradle unit is that charging from a power bank using a single USB cable discharges the Air 3 batteries and charges the power bank. Having the problem with Supertank Pro which first charges the drone batts and then reverses mode and charges the Supertank back to full capacity.
With my Anker Power bank Prime 27,650 no Air 3 charging at all with the Hub LED going straight to solid green.

Any ideas?
2023-8-31
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An update on my problem, Anker support tell me they don't test this with drones and only designed for phones and tablets.

Using the USB-A on the Anker charges the charging hub at 4watts!

It does however charge at 60watts to a battery in the Air 3.

Possible design fault with DJI Charging Cradle, the Status LED comes on solid green as soon as the usb cable is plugged in and start discharging the Air 3 batteries. Power bank mode according to instructions is only started if you press the button on the Charging Cradle.
2023-9-1
Use props
Wakeboarder72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5456 ft
Canada

Hallo,

with the first charger thr DJI Air 3 charging hub is running slow, but is running.

With the new charger, the charging hub get`s an error and the led on the charging hub is flashing
and the charging led is yellow.
I used a charging cable with led and up to 100W.
When the charging starts, it shows me first 18W, than 33W and than at least 1 W.

Thank you and hope for help.

2023-9-4
Use props
Wakeboarder72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5456 ft
Canada

Hallo,

with the first charger thr DJI Air 3 charging hub is running slow, but is running.

EP-TA845.jpg

With the new charger, the charging hub get`s an error and the led on the charging hub is flashing
and the charging led is yellow.
I used a charging cable with led and up to 100W.
When the charging starts, it shows me first 18W, than 33W and than at least 1 W.

EP-T6530.jpg

Thank you and hope for help.
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_sAXW0sDGlRVB
New

United States

The DJI 100W charger is out of stock everywhere, atm.

My Air 3 will be here in a couple of days, so I bought the Anker USB C Charger (GaN II 100W), 3 Port, in anticipation.

Will this work as expected?

And, I can only plug in the 3-battery cradle to the 100W charger - I can't also plug in the RC2 at the same time and expect to fast charge?

Thanks!
2023-9-4
Use props
Colin Meadows
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-17 02:27

That is not a sensible or logic answer. This seems to be a problem with all Air 3. We have returned two Air 3, and talking with DJI tech about our current Air 3 about returning this one. After reading this forum, we will return it

In desperation we found this forum, realising that the Air 3 has a charging problem.

We purchased our Air 3 understanding the DJI hype on charging times, that are misleading and wrong. Forget any cost on giving your customers satisfaction. Do the right and supply a decent charger
2023-9-8
Use props
HowTuuT
lvl.1

Belgium

I must say I'm very dissappointed as well. Been charging my brand new AIR 3 fly more for 2 days now and still not at 100%. Tried every possible charger I have at home (and we have a lot of them) but none of them are able to get it right. DJI charger is out of stock everywhere... How am I going to be able to work with this one one the job??? The itch to return it is getting pretty big and thinking about staying with my 2S
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_3h5ju7te3by1
New
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 8-21 00:30
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please try to use a charger that supports PD3.0 and PPS protocols? You can also send me a picture of your charger and I will double-check the specs.

Hi DJI Susan, I have an overheating product safety fault with my newly bought Pocket 2 and urgently need a replacement. Have sent in an email to support@dji.com but no response (case number 5343121). Can I please get help to expedite??
2023-9-13
Use props
hashtag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1716 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic Air 2 use Posted at 8-25 20:20
Who is saying we want the charger for free, charge more, bundle it, bundle the ND filters. Do what you used to do, fly more means top of the line with all accessories, especially one we need to charge the batteries. Honestly, DJI is changing it's policy on what the price for product ratio is in the wrong way. Keeping away from this one due to that. Honestly, I wish you had real competition, that way you would keep shooting straight like you used to.

Knowing the cost of Chinese  manufacturing, the drones would cost very little to produce, their profit would be eye watering. The cost of manufacturing the chargers would be no more than £5, if you compare the prices of other quality chargers, Dji are mugging us off with theirs. There is no reason whatso ever not to supplier chargers for the Air 3, when what they have supplied is rubbish.  Chinese manufacturing is in decline. It is about time DJi started to treat their customers with respect, other world wide drone suppliers will soon catch up.  About half an hour ago I received  from Amazon a Mac book 140W charger on offer a £16.99, i battery is now charged in little more than 1/2 an hour.  So stuff your chargers DJI Sorry I am unable to give link as it was directing to my account
2023-9-14
Use props
hashtag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1716 ft
United Kingdom

HowTuuT Posted at 9-12 12:31
I must say I'm very dissappointed as well. Been charging my brand new AIR 3 fly more for 2 days now and still not at 100%. Tried every possible charger I have at home (and we have a lot of them) but none of them are able to get it right. DJI charger is out of stock everywhere... How am I going to be able to work with this one one the job??? The itch to return it is getting pretty big and thinking about staying with my 2S

This will solve the problem. MacBook 140 pro charger
2023-9-14
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

hashtag Posted at 9-14 15:12
This will solve the problem. MacBook 140 pro charger

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by using to only the authorized chargers. https://thegeekpage.com/fast-charging-not-working-on-android/
2023-9-22
Use props
djiuser_blHYThhGy98a
New

United States

Cmon... saved up for this drone, bought the fly more plus the insurance to ensure every aspect falls into place. Then figure out they give you the drone, controller, THREE batteries, charging dock, the sleek, modern bag, 12 PROPELLERS.. $1750 dollars later.. but a single USB-C cable to charge both the charging dock AND the controller then tell you need to understand PD, PPS chargers, the wattage necessary, and give no options besides their own.. by the way.. sold out, $95 power adapter. You pay nearly 2 grand and it's a gamble if you can even get the drone to fly based on what extra adapter you decide to go with. Complete disgrace to the tech you've supplied for the last 10 years especially selling "a ready to fly drone" in an "all inclusive fly-more combo". Just stupid. If you wanna cheese it out, charge 500 bucks for your 'all-inclusive' combo, not $1650. Be professional and if you can't be, at least give the solution on how to make your product work cause it seems you don't have one
2023-9-29
Use props
TopOnSky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1292264 ft
Ireland

Would mac pro type c charger works with air3?
2023-10-1
Use props
djiuser_3CVBVf9bcW0N
New
Canada

Absolutely ridiculous that the fly more combo doesn’t include a usable charging system out of the box. I understand this would increase the price but we should at least have this as an option. Along with ND filters. Terrible.
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_3CVBVf9bcW0N Posted at 10-11 09:06
Absolutely ridiculous that the fly more combo doesn’t include a usable charging system out of the box. I understand this would increase the price but we should at least have this as an option. Along with ND filters. Terrible.

Hi, djiuser_3CVBVf9bcW0N. Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for evaluation for future products. Thank you for your kind understanding and continued support.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TopOnSky Posted at 10-1 18:37
Would mac pro type c charger works with air3?

Hi, TopOnSky. Thank you for reaching out. If the output current of your Mac Pro charger is 65W or 100W, then it should work. If the power output of the charger is low (less than 65W or 100W), please use a charger that supports PD3.0 and PPS protocols
2023-10-12
Use props
BravoTango3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100427 ft

United States

This is very helpful thank you.
2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BravoTango3 Posted at 10-19 05:52
This is very helpful thank you.

Hi, BravoTango3. We're glad that this thread provided some helpful information. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-12 16:42
Hi, djiuser_3CVBVf9bcW0N. Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for evaluation for future products. Thank you for your kind understanding and continued support.

HI Gamora,

I have to support DJI with this. Everyone complains that you cant buy DJI drones as aircraft only and not  be forced to buy Multiple Transmitter units.

They cry give us choice! So who wants to have to pay for multiple chargers. Again the cry would be for give us choice!

You did that and now they complain. Poor DJI cant win one way or the other.

Some will want it one way others the opposite. The best approach is to do what you have done and provide the choice.

My only criticism of DJI was that knowing no charger was shipping with the drone and that it required a 65 to 100W charger you should have had them in stock. You should have known that the demand would be high.

p.s. I didn't help, I bought 3 x 100W chargers. One for for my Mavic 3 Cine, Mavic 3 Pro and my Air 3.

And I just had the 65W car charger delivered yesterday.

And I would really like it if my product icons were updated.

2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 10-21 23:27
HI Gamora,

I have to support DJI with this. Everyone complains that you cant buy DJI drones as aircraft only and not  be forced to buy Multiple Transmitter units.

Thank you for your feedback as well, bjr981s. We understand that not everything will not fit every user's need but we will still happily forward every feedback from our customers. We will also forward your feedback about the lack of stocks to our team. Thank you for your kind understanding and continued support. For the icons, I will send you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-10-22
Use props
fans0d08cb33
New

Vietnam

Hello DJI,

Can you please confirm if the charger linked below would be suitable and a good option. It supports PD3.0 and 100watts.

Thanks

LinkOn Ganius 166W Wall Charger GaN Tech 100W USB-C PD3.0 PPS and 18W USB-A QC4.0+ Compatible with MacBook Dell HP Lenovo Samsung S20 Note 10+ Laptop Travel International Adapter

https://amzn.asia/d/9QPOdWh
2023-11-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules