WATERPROOF External Power Connector
781 7 2023-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slane6
New

United States

I've been using GoPros forever but am completely fed up with them for many many reasons and am looking to switch to the Osmo Action 4.  The one thing that I do need is a way to power the camera from an external power source, and have the connection be waterproof against rain (not submersed).  The way I use my camer is mounted to the front of my motorcycle and have it recording continuously for 4-5 hours at a time.The GoPro has a waterproof pass through door accessory - is there anything like this available for the Osmo Action 4? This would be the only show stopper for me.

Thanks!
2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, slane6. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, we don't have this kind of accessory but we will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for its potential. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-8-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

What about putting the camera ina plastic bag (like a sandwich bag that has a zipper) and just cut a hole for the lens, seal the area where the cable goes in? Sure, not thrilled about the perfection of it, but …
2023-8-7
Use props
virtualjapan.tv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Having an accessory like this would be awesome! It could also dual function as a way to secure a usb cable to the camera when using in webcam mode, to protect from the cable accidentally being unplugged or the port being damaged by the cord moving the connector around.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

virtualjapan.tv Posted at 8-13 17:57
Having an accessory like this would be awesome! It could also dual function as a way to secure a usb cable to the camera when using in webcam mode, to protect from the cable accidentally being unplugged or the port being damaged by the cord moving the connector around.

Hi, virtualjapan.tv. Thank you for your input. Rest assured that this has been forwarded to our relevant team as a suggestion. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-8-16
Use props
Dave Lindbergh
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-6 19:49
Hi, slane6. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, we don't have this kind of accessory but we will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for its potential. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Me too - came here just to find out this. I'd love to buy the Osmo 4 but need a way to charge while remaining waterproof. (I want to record for longer than 1 battery will permit.)

GoPro has a waterproof "USB pass-thru" cable. DJI needs a similar solution before I can use the Osmo 4.
2023-8-28
Use props
Wombaat
New

Australia

Dave Lindbergh Posted at 2023-8-28 11:50
Me too - came here just to find out this. I'd love to buy the Osmo 4 but need a way to charge while remaining waterproof. (I want to record for longer than 1 battery will permit.)

GoPro has a waterproof "USB pass-thru" cable. DJI needs a similar solution before I can use the Osmo 4.

Even an expanded camera case like the GoPro Media mod would allow this. You could incorporate a simple mic and a rear (shower proof) usb port.
4-21 05:30
Use props
Vokati
New

France

I do also need this feature!
It would be so great to have a way to power the camera from an external source while mountain biking!
4-21 06:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules