DJI MINI 2 DROPPED INTO THE SEA
2187 9 2023-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
renzo1980
lvl.2
Italy

Buongiorno a tutti
Ho un mini 2 ed è caduto in mare da un'altezza di circa 40 cm (quindi nessun danno fisico) il drone è rimasto in acqua per mezz'ora poi l'ho recuperato e sciacquato con acqua dolce, poi aperto e pulito con alcool, asciugato accuratamente. Il Drone non si accende più. Dove pensi che sia il danno? nelle schede o altrove? Grazie
2023-8-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good morning everyone
I have a mini 2 and it fell into the sea from a height of about 40cm (so no physical damage) the drone remained in the water for half an hour then I recovered it and rinsed it with fresh water, then opened it and cleaned it with alcohol carefully dried. The Drone no longer turns on. Where do you think the damage is? in the tabs or elsewhere? Thank you

I wouldn't bother doing any further work to the drone, salt water is generally a killer. Does a different battery power the drone? I am not even sure if testing that is wise.

Personally I would look for another second hand Mini 2 or send your drone into DJI for replacement. Their 'repair' charges for drones are supposed to be reasonable but I am not sure how they approach pricing after DIY attempts.
I do not know if they replace such batteries or their charges for such.

If you want to find out WHY the drone fell then go to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
read the instructions there, retrieve the .txt flight log, up load it to that site and post the resulting URL here.
2023-8-7
Use props
renzo1980
lvl.2
Italy

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-7 01:21
Good morning everyone
I have a mini 2 and it fell into the sea from a height of about 40cm (so no physical damage) the drone remained in the water for half an hour then I recovered it and rinsed it with fresh water, then opened it and cleaned it with alcohol carefully dried. The Drone no longer turns on. Where do you think the damage is? in the tabs or elsewhere? Thank you

Grazie, si ho usato una batteria diversa dopo averlo asciugato ma non si accende. Mi è caduto dalle mani per un errore mio in atterraggio non per anomalie del drone.
Non so se mandarlo alla dji per riparazione oppure venderlo cosi con tutti gli accessori ed inverstire il ricavato per acquistare un dji mini 3 pro
2023-8-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

renzo1980 Posted at 8-7 02:15
Grazie, si ho usato una batteria diversa dopo averlo asciugato ma non si accende. Mi è caduto dalle mani per un errore mio in atterraggio non per anomalie del drone.
Non so se mandarlo alla dji per riparazione oppure venderlo cosi con tutti gli accessori ed inverstire il ricavato per acquistare un dji mini 3 pro

Thanks, yes I used a different battery after drying it but it won't turn on. It fell out of my hands due to my mistake in landing, not due to drone anomalies.
I don't know whether to send it to DJI for repair or sell it like this with all the accessories and reverse the proceeds to buy a DJI Mini 3 Pro.

Ah ok, no need for the log then.

Best of luck which ever way you go.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Sorry to hear about the incident. Since it has water damage, we highly suggest sending back the drone for repairs at our facility. Please visit and submit an online repair request via this online form. You may also contact our Product Support team to help you in arranging/creating a case. Thank you.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We are sorry to hear that. If your drone dropped into the water and encountered water damage, we do not recommend you continue using the drone and battery. You can send it back for repair.
2023-8-7
Use props
Dave Erana
New

Philippines

I have a dji mini 2 se drone fell into the sea water, when I used it when the wind is getting strong, what should I do to fix it again?
2-4 03:41
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dave Erana Posted at 2-4 03:41
I have a dji mini 2 se drone fell into the sea water, when I used it when the wind is getting strong, what should I do to fix it again?

Nothing ... saltwater kills electronics.
2-4 05:53
Use props
Steve Crow
New

Japan

Ours went into the Pacific Ocean, tried rinsing it and the whole rice deal. It would turn on so I could close the last video it shot before going into the ocean. Would turn it on and get a power system failure. I think when you turn on the drone it does a system check and if the motors can’t rotate freely then you’ll get that error. I gave it another rinse in the tub, sloshed it around violently and shook the water out, then sat it on top of a dehumidifier that was in our Airbnb in Japan. After a night on the dehumidifier and a day we came back and the dehumidifier was full of water so I gave it a try. She started up and I flew it around the neighborhood just fine, zero issues. I will note that one of the motors didn’t want to rotate freely so I spent time spinning it around with my finger until it moved freely like the other motors.  I would never in a million years expect a drone that spent any time in the ocean to work. Rotating the motor and the dehumidifier seemed to be the key.
3-25 00:49
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Steve Crow Posted at 3-25 00:49
Ours went into the Pacific Ocean, tried rinsing it and the whole rice deal. It would turn on so I could close the last video it shot before going into the ocean. Would turn it on and get a power system failure. I think when you turn on the drone it does a system check and if the motors can’t rotate freely then you’ll get that error. I gave it another rinse in the tub, sloshed it around violently and shook the water out, then sat it on top of a dehumidifier that was in our Airbnb in Japan. After a night on the dehumidifier and a day we came back and the dehumidifier was full of water so I gave it a try. She started up and I flew it around the neighborhood just fine, zero issues. I will note that one of the motors didn’t want to rotate freely so I spent time spinning it around with my finger until it moved freely like the other motors.  I would never in a million years expect a drone that spent any time in the ocean to work. Rotating the motor and the dehumidifier seemed to be the key.

I would never trust that drone again.
Falling into the ocean with a live battery, corrosion starts immediately.
You may have slowed it, but once started, you cannot stop it.
It's growing in a hundred places on the circuit boards and one day ... pffft.

btw .. rice is next to useless as a dessicant.
Flush with freshwater and then with alcohol, then warm air is the way to go.
3-25 02:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules