Ronin RS3 Mini and Fujifilm XT-3 record button not working now
1976 11 2023-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raazok
lvl.1
United States

Probably firmware, but trying to figure this out. XT-3 with camera control cable worked two weeks ago with my new Ronin RS3 Mini gimbal. Ordered a new lens (23mm F2 WR) and updated to firmware 5.01 while I waited for it to arrive.

Installed new lens and fired everything up. Now the record button will not work. Tried resetting everything, changing back to old lens, toggled between USB connection modes and no go. Even ordered a new camera cable and still nada.

Ronin app is showing an exclamation point for cable connection. I am starting gimbal and then camera. Tried cable both ways.

Short of testing a different camera (which I do not have), what are the odds that it is the gimbal?

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

2023-8-7
Use props
Raazok
lvl.1
United States

Update:  I ordered a Fujifim RSS cable from DJI to see if that would work and still no go.  Any chance of a firmware update on the Ronin to support the latest XT-3 firmware?  I cannot roll it back to a 4.x version.
2023-8-22
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1671280 ft
United States

I recently had this problem and found that I had to change the Connection Mode setting to USB Tether Shooting Auto on the camera.  Previously it was set to Card Reader. The Record button now works for me using the supplied cable that came with the gimbal.
2023-8-23
Use props
Raazok
lvl.1
United States

ResonatorUAV Posted at 8-23 18:27
I recently had this problem and found that I had to change the Connection Mode setting to USB Tether Shooting Auto on the camera.  Previously it was set to Card Reader. The Record button now works for me using the supplied cable that came with the gimbal.

Thank you for the response.  I do have it set to USB Tether Shooting Auto.

I have tried fully resetting the camera and Ronin to defaults.  I have also purchased a RSS Fujifilm cable and another DJI USB-C to USB-C cable.  Still not working.

Does anyone have a XT-3 running firmware 5.01 that is working?
2023-8-24
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
United States

Raazok Posted at 8-24 06:24
Thank you for the response.  I do have it set to USB Tether Shooting Auto.

I have tried fully resetting the camera and Ronin to defaults.  I have also purchased a RSS Fujifilm cable and another DJI USB-C to USB-C cable.  Still not working.

Yes my XT3 is on 5.01 and is working.
2023-8-24
Use props
Raazok
lvl.1
United States

ResonatorUAV Posted at 8-24 19:06
Yes my XT3 is on 5.01 and is working.

Thanks again for the response.  When I contacted support, they suggested that it was the firmware that was not supported. Thank you for confirming that is does indeed work with 5.01.
2023-8-25
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
United States

Raazok Posted at 8-25 03:38
Thanks again for the response.  When I contacted support, they suggested that it was the firmware that was not supported. Thank you for confirming that is does indeed work with 5.01.

No problem, I hope you can get this issue solved.
2023-8-26
Use props
Raazok
lvl.1
United States

Well, it does not appear to be an issue with the gimbal.  I tried with another RS3 mini and it did not work either.  Tried resetting again and reinstalling firmware, and still no luck.  So strange that it worked out of the box and then stopped.  I still feel that it has to be Fujifilm firmware related.
2023-8-27
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
United States

OK some things to check…

Do you see a USB icon on the camera screen when connected to the gimbal? When it is successfully connected that icon should be displayed. Also you will get a notification on the gimbal screen.

Is the connection properly seated into the USB slots? Have you tried connecting using different ends of the cable? Are the slots free from debris?

I notice that sometimes when using the Fuji app when checking firmware etc, the USB connection defaults to Card Reader. Ensure it is set to Auto, if connected to the gimbal turn the camera off then back on again.

Reset camera to factory settings if you have not done that already.

2023-8-28
Use props
djiuser_rh0vupXgRRJD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the same issue with a Nikon Z6ii

Camera Control Cable part in the app is showing as an orange exclamation mark

I've tried changing which part of the cable goes in where (right angle in the gimbal, in the camera etc etc)
I'm not getting any prompts or options to update firmware - everything is up to date
Everything else works fine with the gimbal

This is infuriating because we've used other Djii gimbals before all fine, but this was bought for an event we were to film and it couldn't be used, so it's directly impacted our output

I've seen other threads on here voicing similar concerns with no proper answer - PLEASE RESPOND DJI or we'll just return this and purchase a competitor
2023-9-15
Use props
Raazok
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_rh0vupXgRRJD Posted at 9-15 03:46
I have the same issue with a Nikon Z6ii

Camera Control Cable part in the app is showing as an orange exclamation mark

I do not have experience with your camera, but I found this on the support site for the Nikon Z6 II.  

Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C)
1. How to set up focus pull: Enter the live view of the camera, set the lens focus mode to AF (autofocus), and set the camera focus mode to AF-S.
2. Some models have a peak profile that can only be displayed in MF (Manual Focus) mode. Therefore when using focus pull on the Ronin gimbal, the camera’s peak focus value cannot be displayed.
3. The camera HDMI has no output when the frame rate is set to 100 fps or above or the photo-capturing mode is elevated to slow motion.

Not sure if you already did the above, but we are in a similar boat.

What is weird about my scenario is that it worked for a brief time and I have the exact same settings, just the firmware upgrade.
2023-9-15
Use props
Michael p8
New

New Zealand

Using Ronan RS 3 mini with an X-H2s
Firmware 5.10

First time gimbal user.

Using DJI supplied 90 degree USB-C cable with angle connected to camera. Cable facing up then over the lens and to the gimbal connector at front - I tried a few combinations just to rule out some strange pin config.

First issue I had was not having USB connection setting to "Teather Shooting Auto"

Second issue was the record button not working. Realizing I went back to a manual lens after recent repairs then firmware update it removed the "Shoot Without lens" setting. That fixed the DJI record button.
Setting located under "Spanner >> Button/Dial setting >> Shoot Without Lens = ON"

Note:
- Pressing shutter button has a delay. I'm guessing that is to eliminate any gimbal shake on press.
- Had PASM dial on Manual (don't think its needed but to be sure the DJI dial was going to do something when spinning the wheel)
2-25 13:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules