unable to enter waypoint, poi, follow me modes
700 14 2023-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

Hi all,Been trying to figure out how to get this to do autonomous flight. Gone through several tutorials, youtube vids, and so on. I've read through the manual several times. Am I missing something? Seems like my RC Pro transmitter doesn't have what I'm seeing on the tutorials. All my updates are current. I'm able to set waypoints, but I see a different screen, and am unable to fly these waypionts. Very frustrating to say the least. I've got no trouble flying or recording video, or taking pictures. Hopefully I can get some guidance here.
Thanks, Steve

2023-8-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the DJI Enterprise product family. Where the features are limited and the customer support is more clueless than you are.  Waypoints are straight forward and one of the modes that actually works pretty well. You didn't mention what issue exactly you're having so without more details I'm afraid I can't help much. Follow me/active track? Doesn't exist on this platform. So many people here have asked for this basic feature to be developed, myself included. DJI doesn't care to implement it or any new feature unfortunately. There is a POI mode now though. However, if you're used to the DJI Fly way of doing an orbit you'll be very disappointed and left wanting more.   
2023-8-7
Use props
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

Hey Johnnokomis, thanks for the reply. This is so disappointing to hear. These features are what I thought were included with this model. I don't understand why they boast these features and post tutorials when they aren't available. Basically it's like bait and switch. If these features were on previous models of lesser capabilities, then why not here? Let me show you what I'm trying to convey through pictures of my transmitter versus screenshots from a couple of tutorials. [img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/"C:\Users\tsttr\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots\Screenshot 2023-08-08 085145.png"[img]"C:\Users\tsttr\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots\Screenshot 2023-08-08 101057.png"[img]"C:\Users\tsttr\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots\Screenshot 2023-08-08 101510.png"[img]"C:\Users\tsttr\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots\Screenshot 2023-08-08 101614.png"[/img][/img][/img][/img][img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/"C:\Users\tsttr\OneDrive\Pictures\Saved Pictures\PXL_20230808_140527994%5B150%5D.jpg"[/img]
Hopefully these pics will upload so you can see what my deal is. otherwise ill have to find a different method.
Thanks , Steve
2023-8-8
Use props
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

Truckpilot Posted at 8-8 07:04
Hey Johnnokomis, thanks for the reply. This is so disappointing to hear. These features are what I thought were included with this model. I don't understand why they boast these features and post tutorials when they aren't available. Basically it's like bait and switch. If these features were on previous models of lesser capabilities, then why not here? Let me show you what I'm trying to convey through pictures of my transmitter versus screenshots from a couple of tutorials. [view_image][/img][/img][/img][/img][view_image][/img]
Hopefully these pics will upload so you can see what my deal is. otherwise ill have to find a different method.
Thanks , Steve

Obviously, this method didn't work. I'll have to find a different method'
2023-8-8
Use props
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

2023-8-8
Use props
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

Got 2 pics of my transmitter, and a screenshot of a tutorial that I can't achieve.

2023-8-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Give this a watch. It might help.
2023-8-8
Use props
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

Hey Mobilehomer, thanks for the reply. If you'll notice, I can't obtain the dialog box that's shown in  the bottom center of the screen that says waypoint or POI. On my controller the waypoint function box is on the right side of the screen. I can set all the parameters via that dialog box. Don't know why I'm not seeing the box in the center.
Thank for the help.  Steve

2023-8-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

In the manual under Flight tasks.
2023-8-8
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer is giving you tutorials for an app that you can't use. The video shows how to use DJI Fly and you can only use the M3E/M3T with DJI Pilot 2. I don't believe there's a way to add a POI in the middle of a waypoint mission. You have to first set a pinpoint and then you can orbit that pinpoint, but not during a waypoint route.
2023-8-8
Use props
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-8 20:45
Mobilehomer is giving you tutorials for an app that you can't use. The video shows how to use DJI Fly and you can only use the M3E/M3T with DJI Pilot 2. I don't believe there's a way to add a POI in the middle of a waypoint mission. You have to first set a pinpoint and then you can orbit that pinpoint, but not during a waypoint route.

Thanks man. Guess I'll have to try to set a pinpoint and try that. I still can't nationalize the way point mode.  I'm not getting the box in the lower middle of the screen.
2023-8-9
Use props
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

Truckpilot Posted at 8-9 03:42
Thanks man. Guess I'll have to try to set a pinpoint and try that. I still can't nationalize the way point mode.  I'm not getting the box in the lower middle of the screen.

initionalize
2023-8-9
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Truckpilot Posted at 8-9 03:42

There is no box on the bottom to start your waypoint mission. Once you're in flight all you need to do is have that mission already selected and then hit this play button on the top. Screenshot 2023-08-09 093451.png
2023-8-9
Use props
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-9 06:37
There is no box on the bottom to start your waypoint mission. Once you're in flight all you need to do is have that mission already selected and then hit this play button on the top.

Thank you Sir, I'll give that a try. I was finally able to achieve POI mode. This is an awesome feature. I'm so appreciative for your guidance throughout my steep learning curve.
Thank you again so much.
Steve
2023-8-10
Use props
Truckpilot
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-9 06:37
There is no box on the bottom to start your waypoint mission. Once you're in flight all you need to do is have that mission already selected and then hit this play button on the top.

Finally got a chance to mess with the waypoint feature. Works like a charm!! Thanks again for all of your help. Don't understand why the instruction manual that I had downloaded had different information from what I needed. Crazy. At least I'm back on track, so far so good. Thanks again.........
2023-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules