622 1 2023-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RFSDW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10600 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I have crashed my drone the second day I had it into a high voltage line because of disorientation and a lack of flying skills. It fell in to a corn field and after hours of searching, I wasn't able to recover it because the battery flew out on impact and I had no live location. I used Find My Drone, but this also didn't pay off. I've searched 10 000 m² with no luck. I luckily took a DJI Care Refresh package of 1 year. I filed a flyaway report and hopefully will get a replacement drone in a few days.

Because I needed to use my 1 time flyaway option so soon, I was wondering, can I take a new DJI Care Refresh on the replacement drone? I mean if I pay for a new one, it should be possible, no? If not, is it possible that I change my current DJI Care Refresh of (1 Year Plan) to the DJI Care Refresh (2 Year Plan) so that I at least have another chance to screw up? Not that that's my intention, but I'm rather safe than sorry. A last option could be extending the insurance after a year, but if I lost it tomorrow again I would need to wait another year for a new replacement drone.

Thanks in advance.
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the incident involving your drone. To answer your query:

1.  Replacement is only applicable if the unit can be sent back.
2. Unfortunately, switching to a different plan or upgrading is unavailable.

Extending your 1-year plan would always be possible; an email notification will be sent out before the current plan expires. You would also have the option to purchase the extended plan; however, it will take effect as soon as the current plan ends.
2023-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules