Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO way points
1888 6 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluesagemedia
New

United States

Can anyone tell me if you can set waypoints with the DJI GO app with the DJI 3 professional and are there any other apps to pilot the DJI 3 profession beside DJI GO that have way point capability.

2015-8-30
Use props
voyager4000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192172 ft

Netherlands

No waypoints at this moment, Dji has send me a mail telling me they are working on it. There is another app Ultimate Flight, with this you have all, waypoints, follow me etc.. but you have to upload other firmware (beta)!!
http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/

• Features once I complete L1 implementation, needs L2 SDK:
    • Point of interest - maintain a camera orientation (center point) while flying a defined flight path
    • Point of interest - maintain a camera orientation while under pilot control
    • Pre-defined flight path and camera control
    • Define a flight path (perhaps using pre-defined shapes or user defined boundaries)
    • Camera control with either video or camera snaps at pre-defined intervals or based on flight speed/distance
    • Follow-me - using the GPS readout of the phone, have the Phantom periodically move to a new location.  Manage movements by distance (configurable) to eliminate GPS errors or loss of GPS in Phone (e.g., every 3 seconds, allow movement not greater than 5 meters)

2015-8-31
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Bluesagemedia,

Download the new DJI Go app as of Spetember 29.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-2
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you mean DJI Phantom 3 Pro?
2015-10-3
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

As far as I know you can set waypoints with the GO Program but, you have to fly them first to set them.
2015-10-3
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

The Waypoints experience is interesting.  It turns out that, like CourseLock, movement of the P3 in the flat plane is all right stick (Mode 2) ignoring yaw.  If you want to FPV and see where you are going, you have to use the yaw to adjust the camera, but you will remain in a CourseLock-like control situation.  It takes some getting used to.  The altitude changes will be making for some interesting videos.  The jungle and the mountains where I live do make for some challenge, like my spotter going, "Ahhh, are you trying to fly into that ridge there!"  I do have to get that CourseLock technique down a lot better, just to keep from ridge-running when I really do not want to, if you catch my drift.  

If you think about it though, using a CourseLock-like control mechanism allows the controller to better record and manage the flight path and turns so that the final mission file is way more simplified computer-wise.  I remember reading about a new GroundStation-like app that allowed you to enter what types of turns you wanted to do and so you had to write to each turn and that was a lot of writing.  With the CourseLock technique, once you get a handle on it, you just fly the turn you want with the right stick and then control the camera yaw and altitude with the left stick and the camera pitch with the pitch roller.  Two different ways of doing waypoints, but the DJI CourseLock technique is better in a "Seat-of-the-Pants" way as opposed to a desktop typing way.  But, some people like the typing approach.  I thought I was going to be like that, but now I see the method in the madness of DJI's approach to waypoints.  Instead of fighting DJI to get something they understand to be inferior to the "Seat of the Pants" approach, I am going to embrace the seat of the pants approach.  

As for those of you who want to type and write on a map, I am willing to guess, or suggest, that DJI has a plan for the simple editing of existing missions in the DJI Go directory or even a new tab.  Something easy like moving a waypoint over just a tad more or making a circle more circular.  How hard would that be to put in an update, not very.  But it would make a lot of customers happier and DJI wants to do that.  I hope some of you have noticed that all this drone business with firmware and apps is a work in progress.  DJI is going to use a long range approach to servicing, updating and upgrading their product.  Sure, we all want it done yesterday, but yesterday, there were no recreational drones.  So this is not a done deal by any stretch - it is just new territory.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-4
Use props
Djiaerialvideo
lvl.1

Ireland

Use the C1 and C2 buttons or select on your touch  screen, works when waypoint mode is selected in F mode.
2015-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules