4916 21 2023-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crindeblad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 680302 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

There are only four months left until the new regulations come into force in the EU and Air2s must have a C1 certificate to avoid being placed in a class that makes it very limited.
so when can we expect Dji to fix it?
The test procedure is complete, as are the regulations. so what is Dji waiting for?

2023-8-9
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 542431 ft
Germany

What makes you think the Air 2S will get a C classification? Can you point me to some source?

Thanks in advance
2023-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure that the Air2S would meet the requirements physically,    they need to have softer props than the ones DJI used to use.
2023-8-9
Use props
crindeblad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 680302 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 8-9 05:58
Not sure that the Air2S would meet the requirements physically,    they need to have softer props than the ones DJI used to use.

Dji promise ” I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro/(other drone models). Are certificates/labels available for other existing drones/future drone models?

DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. More details will be announced in due course
https://forum.dji.com/thread-280867-1-1.html
10DBC16A-374D-4EAE-9FD0-A4DD5DC39EBB.jpeg
2023-8-9
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Hungary

I doubt DJI will provide the C1 certification for the Air 2s. They’ve just released the Air 3 that meets that specification.
2023-8-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

From a commercial point of view, this certification is an opportunity for DJI. There are a lot of users who buy the new models already certified while those they have had for a long time are in perfect condition, but without C label. I find that understandable. Business is business.

I open the bets on "when the certificates will appear" Vs "when we will be told that they will not receive any for technical reasons"

1 week before Christmas seems like a marketing strategy to me.
2023-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crindeblad Posted at 8-9 08:39
Dji promise ” I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro/(other drone models). Are certificates/labels available for other existing drones/future drone models?

DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. More details will be announced in due coursehttps://forum.dji.com/thread-280867-1-1.html

So if you're lucky you'll get a c2 label.
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_XNyt2jeYKN1x
lvl.1

Poland

There will be no a2s certification, too old will become cheap and useless
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. More details will be announced in due course.
2023-8-10
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 8-10 00:02
So if you're lucky you'll get a c2 label.

Why a C2 and not a C1 ? The weight of the Air 2s allows for the C1.
2023-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 8-10 08:46
Why a C2 and not a C1 ? The weight of the Air 2s allows for the C1.

Its not just weight that effects the classification,   for example the Mavic 3 got new softer props which was required for C1,  with the enterprise Mavic series they got the standard hard props which dont make the C1 possible.   There's also other things in the rules like sound level,  landing light being automatic only etc.  
2023-8-10
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 8-10 08:55
Its not just weight that effects the classification,   for example the Mavic 3 got new softer props which was required for C1,  with the enterprise Mavic series they got the standard hard props which dont make the C1 possible.   There's also other things in the rules like sound level,  landing light being automatic only etc.

You’re right. But the main difference between C1 and C2 is the weight.
2023-8-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

FabioV Posted at 8-10 12:06
You’re right. But the main difference between C1 and C2 is the weight.

Also the propellers. For the EU, they must have the soft tips. Check the difference between Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Enterprise props. The standards are not only about weight.
2023-8-10
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Hungary

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-10 13:58
Also the propellers. For the EU, they must have the soft tips. Check the difference between Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Enterprise props. The standards are not only about weight.

And without soft tips can it be C2 compliant ? Or also the C2 compliance requires the soft tips ?
2023-8-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FabioV Posted at 8-11 00:01
And without soft tips can it be C2 compliant ? Or also the C2 compliance requires the soft tips ?

The notion of "soft tip" is wrong.  What the text of the 945 says for the C1 class is that in the case of a propeller UAS their design must be done so as to minimize injuries in the event of impact.  In class C2 this does not appear.
2023-8-11
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 8-11 00:40
The notion of "soft tip" is wrong.  What the text of the 945 says for the C1 class is that in the case of a propeller UAS their design must be done so as to minimize injuries in the event of impact.  In class C2 this does not appear.

Thanks for the clarification.
2023-8-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FabioV Posted at 8-11 01:59
Thanks for the clarification.

So i believe it is certification company like "tuv rheinland" who is able to declare if properler are safe or not. Then DJI modify it accordingly.

Therefore they create the "soft tip" for M3.

I would be very curious to know how "softer" is the tip in comparison with standard one.
2023-8-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 8-11 00:40

Thanks, LV. I knew there was something concerning the props, I didn't remember the term. And we here in the U.S. get the soft ones also. Even though not required.
2023-8-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-11 07:33
Thanks, LV. I knew there was something concerning the props, I didn't remember the term. And we here in the U.S. get the soft ones also. Even though not required.

I imagine that DJI was refused by the certification company and created the "soft tip" to overcome the problem.

I'm not worried, it's the consumer who will pay for it at one time or another.
2023-8-11
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love my air 2s, will never go back to sub 249g drones. In very windy conditions, it just hovers there like its glued to the floor.....I'm no expert, but had a tiny bit of experience:https://app.airdata.com/images/header-back-80.jpg

matt.PNG
Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 20-33-40 Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones.png
2023-12-6
Use props
Greglaz125
lvl.2

Greece

Staffydog33 Posted at 2023-12-6 12:34
I love my air 2s, will never go back to sub 249g drones. In very windy conditions, it just hovers there like its glued to the floor.....I'm no expert, but had a tiny bit of experience:[view_image]https://app.airdata.com/images/header-back-80.jpg[Image]
Totally agree with the windy situations.I never had a mini drone but I can tell from tests of YouTubers that they can be bad.Imagine recording something in a very windy place, and you want that camera to be stable in one place.Not possible with minis as it's going to wobble the footage, and look very unprofessional plus it's also a sign that it can't fight strong winds like some ppl would think.
3-6 01:15
Use props
Jozzino Air 2S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60843 ft
Italy

The time had come to put an end to this long wait. the time has come. Now
3-22 10:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules