25197 35 2023-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jmeier21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft

United States

Hello All,

Looking to purchase a new drone before spring of 2024 as I will be going on vacation. I currently own a Air 2 and am looking for a significant upgrade. Should I wait for the Mavic 4 or move forward with a Mavic 3 Pro. I guess what I'm asking does anyone think the M4 will be out before spring of 2024?

Thanks,
JM
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you looking forward to our future products. With regard to this, we have not yet received any information related to the Mavic 4 Series. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-9
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

If there is a Mavic 4 before next spring, then you can be sure there will be a Mavic 5 next autumn.
You will never be able to buy one, there will always be a newer model coming :-)

On a more serious note: nobody knows when a new DJI drone arrives except some people inside DJI, and they will not tell you or anybody else.
2023-8-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am really confused about why you would wait for the Mavic 4, when the Mavic 5 is almost certainly being designed even as we speak.  
2023-8-9
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

You boys are going to miss out and wish you had waited for the Mavic 4 Platinum Plus Ultra Maxx Cine Pro Enterprise Fly More Combo. Those leaked images of it and the RC Pro Plus 3+ with optional cupholder attachment look sick.  
2023-8-9
Use props
Ip3n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317454 ft
Bulgaria

Hello all first of all i want to sorry for my bad english its not my mother language so here is my question.
at this moment im using Mavic air 2 and im filming soccer games and trainings of PFC Ludogorets Bulgaria  U9 U10 U11, so now i have 6 bateries and a half soccer game is 30 35 40 min. depend of kids years,and on 22 25 min i need to replace batery but the game is still running and im miss some situation from game. This is for batery , so about camera im using alot zoom option because i need to film a close situation and at the same time i need to keep drone far away, btw filming at 1080, the quality is bad when im zooming alot.
So guys i can spend 2000$ to 3000$ for a upgrade but im not a pro i need a advice. 1st. batery life, 2nd. quality when im zooming thats all i want i can put a link from youtube and if you can give me advice for a good upgrade i will be happy ))) one more time im very sorry for my English i hope you guys understand all i writed )
here is link of one of my video : https://youtu.be/1u_0dEMntTE?t=717
2023-9-25
Use props
djiuser_LqdE84MIjYzs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Buy a drone from a different company so you don't get stiffed by the SDK etc.
2023-9-25
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ip3n Posted at 9-25 06:33
Hello all first of all i want to sorry for my bad english its not my mother language  so here is my question.
at this moment im using Mavic air 2 and im filming soccer games and trainings of PFC Ludogorets Bulgaria  U9 U10 U11, so now i have 6 bateries and a half soccer game is 30 35 40 min. depend of kids years,and on 22 25 min i need to replace batery but the game is still running and im miss some situation from game. This is for batery , so about camera im using alot zoom option because i need to film a close situation and at the same time i need to keep drone far away, btw filming at 1080, the quality is bad when im zooming alot.
So guys i can spend 2000$ to 3000$ for a upgrade but im not a pro i need a advice. 1st. batery life, 2nd. quality when im zooming thats all i want i can put a link from youtube and if you can give me advice for a good upgrade i will be happy ))) one more time im very sorry for my English i hope you guys understand all i writed )

Hi Lp3n,

Imho you could use 3 options:

DJI Air 3 - advertised flight time 46 minutes.
DJI Mavic 3 Pro - advertised flight time 43 minutes.
DJI Mini 4 Pro - advertised flight 45 minutes (with extended battery).

The are advantages to Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro, they are newer drones and have latest O4 transmission system that is rated for 20km transmission range and they require new RC controllers DJI RC 2 or RC N2. Also Air 3 has 2 camera , one being a tele camera with 3x zoom (if not mistaken on the zoom level).

The advantage of Mavic 3 Pro is it has 3 cameras, large sensor with wide angle camera and 3x and 7x cameras. It is however built on O3+ transmission system rated for 15 km.

In my experience with Mavic 3 (not pro, but should be the same) and Mini 3 Pro (similar to Mini 4 Pro), the air time I get with Mavic 3 is about 20-25 minutes, Mini 3 Pro about 25-30 minutes.
Since I don't have Air 3, not really sure about the real world flight time on it. Also I land with about 20 percent battery left.

Imho your best bet might be Air 3 or Mavic 3 Pro since they have zoom lenses. Considering what you
mentioned I think maybe Mavic 3 Pro is your best bet, it has 3 cameras, 3x and 7x tele cameras, 5.1k
50fps resolution or 4k 120fps slow motion. And Mavic 3 Pro is available with DJi RC Pro (the only caveat
is RC Pro will most likely be replaced soon with RC Pro 2 to be compatible with Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro). If you are happy with saving some money and going with latest technology then maybe Air 3 with 2 cameras could be a good choice. But with Air 3, you won't get RC Pro (it's not compatible with it) and RC Pro is a joy to use compared to DJI RC and you will get only 2 cameras, but you will save money with Air 3 compared with Mavic 3 Pro. Hope this helps. Maybe others could share their thoughts as well.
Also Mavic 3 Pro has a large 4/3 main camera sensor and it's great for low light shots as well as another
big advantage it has Hasselblad color science on the main large sensor.

Take care, Mike.

2023-9-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic 7 rumors have begun.  I think I will wait.
2023-9-25
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391444 ft
Netherlands

Sorry for the dumb responses. Luckily you have some serious responses too.

I'm looking forward to a newer Mavic 3 Pro too. I tried it for mostly photography, and I was disappointed and returned it. Didn't see much difference with the M43 sensor compared to my Mavic 2 Pro, side by side. The two extra cameras aren't that good for my purposes and the tele camera still sucks. Maybe it's different for video. The biggest disappointment was the remote control that couldn't reach half the distance of my Mavic 2 Pro and let the drone return. I prefer a remote that has a monitor included over using my phone, but shouldn't it be just as good as my much older remote of the Mavic 2 Pro? I just came back from a road trip to the USA and my Mavic 2 Pro performed still great. Last year I had to replace the three batteries because they were expanding on the bottom, pushing themselves out of the drone.
2023-9-26
Use props
Ip3n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317454 ft
Bulgaria

Mzp Posted at 9-25 10:46
Hi Lp3n,

Imho you could use 3 options:

Thank you so much Mzp )) i just order Mavic Air 3, with extra 3 battery and when i talk with the staff in DJI Bulgaria, they told me there is no need to buy Mavic 3 PRO because i will use only in 1080P. So now i have another question ;) i see the dron is come with DJI AIR Charging HUB.So my question is what power bank i can use it for charging battery when im in the pitch ?  so i can spend around 100$ 150$ i looked in youtube many ppl useing ANKER but broooo ... 600 700 $ i think its too much ;)
so thank you again guys in 2 days i will be with my new MAVIC AIR 3  ;)
2023-9-26
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Give it 6 months and Mavic 6, 6 Pro and 6 Classic will be on the market. Don’t hold out for 5 because it’ll be obsolete a month after it releases.  // end sarcasm towards DJI
2023-9-27
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-9 10:08
You boys are going to miss out and wish you had waited for the Mavic 4 Platinum Plus Ultra Maxx Cine Pro Enterprise Fly More Combo. Those leaked images of it and the RC Pro Plus 3+ with optional cupholder attachment look sick.

This guy knows what’s up. He’s spot on.
2023-9-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

With the pattern we've seen lately DJI is liable to break out Ocusync 5 with a Mini 4 SE or even a DJI Spark 2. I still can't understand why they'd release a Mavic 3 Pro then a month later release a lower tier drone with a new Ocusync protocol. An RC Pro 2 is inevitable and a Mavic 4 would surely be released with it. Think about the past release cycles. Mavic Pro - 2 year wait - Mavic 2 Pro - 3 year wait - Mavic 3 - 2 years and counting.. It's around the time if the pattern continues.
2023-9-27
Use props
geordie81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14409554 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 4 will most likely not arrive until Sept - November 2024, that would mark 3 years since release (If it follows the Mavic 2 schedule)
2023-9-27
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Mavic 4? Even Mavic 3s haven't reached their full potential Yet.
2023-9-27
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

I'm very happy with my Mavic3,    But I heard rumors that Mavic4 would be like a good looking man robot and be able to cook me breakfast in bed, clean house  Now that I would buy
2023-9-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 9-27 13:55
Mavic 4? Even Mavic 3s haven't reached their full potential Yet.

And they likely never will since DJI won't release the SDK. The Enterprise Mavic 3's that do have an SDK and intentionally handicapped in other ways. So yes, it hasn't reached it's full potential because DJI keeps it that way.  
2023-9-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ip3n Posted at 9-26 06:37
Thank you so much Mzp )) i just order Mavic Air 3, with extra 3 battery and when i talk with the staff in DJI Bulgaria, they told me there is no need to buy Mavic 3 PRO because i will use only in 1080P. So now i have another question ;) i see the dron is come with DJI AIR Charging HUB.So my question is what power bank i can use it for charging battery when im in the pitch ?  so i can spend around 100$ 150$ i looked in youtube many ppl useing ANKER but broooo ... 600 700 $ i think its too much ;)
so thank you again guys in 2 days i will be with my new MAVIC AIR 3  ;)

Hi Lp3n,

Congrats on getting Air 3, it has 2 cameras, should be handy for your zooming in needs. The thing about a portable power bank that would charge the batteries while out in the field, just thought about something, are you going to be close to your car when filming as DJI sells car chargers. Also I think you can
get cheaper power banks than $600. As an potential idea, maybe you can look into lithium ion car boosters, but I am not sure if they support fast charging either PD3 or QC3 needs to be supported for you to quickly charge your batteries or maybe that is not important if you connect it via car charger to DJI triple battery hub. Here is a link from Amazon US https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB40 ... 1zcF9hdGY&psc=1  , it is $99 , not sure if it would work for you though , maybe others could suggest some other powerful power banks they use the field, I don't think they should cost $600 though, maybe $100-200, but I might be wrong. Hope this helps.

Take care, Mike.
2023-9-28
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-28 08:29
Mavic 4 Pro will include 7 cameras, a ground breaking binocular sensor, tractor beams, & a 40-watt phased plasma cannon.

That's funny,
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_BmAtsRWC4Ej8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457703 ft
United States

How much do think it will cost
2023-9-28
Use props
Jmeier21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-28 08:29
Mavic 4 Pro will include 7 cameras, a ground breaking binocular sensor, tractor beams, & a 40-watt phased plasma cannon.

I’m definitely waiting now!!!
2023-9-28
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just wait, shortly before your vacation.
I think there will be at least one hardware update for the  newer O4 and RC2.
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_BmAtsRWC4Ej8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457703 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-28 14:40
About one third the cost of an F-16.

wow thats still a lot
2023-9-28
Use props
Jamie_Gilmour
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ip3n Posted at 9-25 06:33
Hello all first of all i want to sorry for my bad english its not my mother language  so here is my question.
at this moment im using Mavic air 2 and im filming soccer games and trainings of PFC Ludogorets Bulgaria  U9 U10 U11, so now i have 6 bateries and a half soccer game is 30 35 40 min. depend of kids years,and on 22 25 min i need to replace batery but the game is still running and im miss some situation from game. This is for batery , so about camera im using alot zoom option because i need to film a close situation and at the same time i need to keep drone far away, btw filming at 1080, the quality is bad when im zooming alot.
So guys i can spend 2000$ to 3000$ for a upgrade but im not a pro i need a advice. 1st. batery life, 2nd. quality when im zooming thats all i want i can put a link from youtube and if you can give me advice for a good upgrade i will be happy ))) one more time im very sorry for my English i hope you guys understand all i writed )

Hi - great English well done!
There isn't an affordable drone (to my knowledge) that you can rely on to last the whole half of a game so the only way to get a full game is to have 2 drones & a second pilot to launch when your primary drone's battery starts to run low.  It's a good idea to have a back up drone anyway in case your primary breaks down.  The Mavic 3 & Air 3 will give you 46 minutes but as you will know, you'll never get the full 46 mins so for safety will be bringing it in at about 35 minutes.
With regard to the zoom capability the Mavic 3 Pro is of course your best option but very pricey. My advice would be to buy a second hand Mavic 2 Zoom which has an optical zoom capability.  You'll get one for less than $500 with all the batteries and accessories you need.  Either way you keep your Air 2 for back up.
2023-10-13
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

If a mavic 4 comes out next fall, I'm going to be really ticked! Can't have a new drone for at least a year DJI, you guys are driving me nuts and my pockets are empty now!
2023-10-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 10-20 18:55
If a mavic 4 comes out next fall, I'm going to be really ticked! Can't have a new drone for at least a year DJI, you guys are driving me nuts and my pockets are empty now!

What? Why? Whenever a Mavic 4 does come out is that going to make your current drone perform any less? If it came out next fall that would be right when the Mavic 3 is turning 3 years old. New iPhones come out every year, new car models come out every year, new GoPros, CPUs, Galaxy phones, Pixels, all get a yearly upgrade. Then you say you'll be really ticked if a 3 year old Mavic gets an upgrade? Don't blame DJI for your empty pockets. Just be happy with whatever drone you have and quit thinking you need the latest and greatest.  
2023-10-20
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 10-20 18:55

The signal transmission is now so good that better is almost meaningless except for those that fly illegally at great distances. I much better tele lens would be the thing I'd most appreciate but I'm not a pro any longer and I'm quite happy with the 7x even with it's shortcomings. I doubt we'll ever see a true zoom. Lower noise at high iso and even better dynamic range would be lovely but sheesh...even dlog gives me good shadows and clouds that aren't blown out.  Better lenses and an SDK that we'll never get is about all I can wish for so anyone waiting for the Mav4 is, IMHO, chasing rabbits but since I have an Air, FPV, Mini4Pro, Avata, Mav3 and Mav3 Pro I'll probably get the Mav4 Pro for whatever unknown reason...
2023-10-20
Use props
fans21f46d12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

I like the features coming in Mavic 6++
2023-10-21
Use props
LeoTheeVinci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120558 ft
Philippines

Waiting might be a good call. I purchased the Mini 3 Pro earlier this year, and just a few months later, the Mini 4 Pro was released at almost the same price with all the new stuff. Frustrating, right? Learn from my experience.
2023-12-2
Use props
LeoTheeVinci
lvl.1
Philippines

Waiting might be a good call. I purchased the Mini 3 Pro earlier this year, and just a few months later, the Mini 4 Pro was released at almost the same price with all the new stuff. Frustrating, right? Learn from my experience.
2023-12-2
Use props
LeoTheeVinci
lvl.1
Philippines

2023-12-2
Use props
LeoTheeVinci
lvl.1
Philippines

Why the heck did it triple dupe post
2023-12-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

LeoTheeVinci Posted at 12-2 15:07
Why the heck did it triple dupe post

There is always one, in every thread... Slow internet, slow computer, crappy forum software

Don't feel bad... It has happened to everyone, at least once...

Three in a row, it is however your fault... Stop pressing the blue button when nothing happen in your screen...
2023-12-2
Use props
fansbaf472f7
New

United States

4BYE Posted at 9-26 02:27
Sorry for the dumb responses. Luckily you have some serious responses too.

I'm looking forward to a newer Mavic 3 Pro too. I tried it for mostly photography, and I was disappointed and returned it. Didn't see much difference with the M43 sensor compared to my Mavic 2 Pro, side by side. The two extra cameras aren't that good for my purposes and the tele camera still sucks. Maybe it's different for video. The biggest disappointment was the remote control that couldn't reach half the distance of my Mavic 2 Pro and let the drone return. I prefer a remote that has a monitor included over using my phone, but shouldn't it be just as good as my much older remote of the Mavic 2 Pro? I just came back from a road trip to the USA and my Mavic 2 Pro performed still great. Last year I had to replace the three batteries because they were expanding on the bottom, pushing themselves out of the drone.

Can't really speak to the other issues, but regarding range, I've read in a few forums about the dramatic difference in range between the standard remote and the pro remote. I got the M3P with Pro Remote a couple months ago and in areas with good line-of-sight, I've achieved flights of over two miles from the base station with four or even five bars of signal strength. I've been extremely impressed with that.
2023-12-10
Use props
4BYE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391444 ft
United States

fansbaf472f7 Posted at 2023-12-10 13:25
Can't really speak to the other issues, but regarding range, I've read in a few forums about the dramatic difference in range between the standard remote and the pro remote. I got the M3P with Pro Remote a couple months ago and in areas with good line-of-sight, I've achieved flights of over two miles from the base station with four or even five bars of signal strength. I've been extremely impressed with that.

I figured that would be the case. However IMHO the regular remote shouldn't be worse than the previous one. At the end I'm glad I returned the Mavic 3 Pro.
1-15 02:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules