Avata no disable motor
1035 5 2023-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rzepniewski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5950807 ft
Poland

Hello, I have a question about AVATA. For several months I have been running in the manual with more or less success, for the second time after a light mole in the grass, the motors did not turn off, the controller did not react (sticks from each other down to each other - no reaction). The only way was to disconnect the battery, in a situation when the propellers are spinning like a shanon, it's not very pleasant. Has anyone had a similar symptom?
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you experienced any hard landings or crashes?
2023-8-11
Use props
Rzepniewski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5950807 ft
Poland

No, just when the drone is inverted and the motors are running - there is no way to turn them off - only to disconnect the battery. It's dangerous. Is this a technical glitch?
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rzepniewski Posted at 8-12 00:20
No, just when the drone is inverted and the motors are running - there is no way to turn them off - only to disconnect the battery. It's dangerous. Is this a technical glitch?

Hi. Just to confirm you have already tried pressing this button twice to stop/start the motors right?
2023-8-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The following is pure guess work and assumes goggles' menu system is similar to the on-a-phone Fly App but might be worth checking.
Look far the "emergency motor stop" section in the menus and change the setting from "emergency only" to "Anytime" or "Always".
If the option exists then the CSC should stop the motors. However I suspect the delay period will be very short,  possibly 1.7 seconds, and I think it would be risky to have that setting as the normal setting for flights.
With the likes of the mini 2 I tested this by hand holding the drone, starting its motor and, with the motor running, wobbling the drone quite vigorously - to simulate flight. The drone fought me, I then applied and held the CSC, it only stopped the motors when the "emergency motor stop" option was set to "Anytime" or "Always".
If you try this do not wobble the drone for a long period of time, you might cook the ESC's as the drone fights you and you wobble it for a long time.
If the CSC does not work stop wobbling the drone and just hold the throttle closed.
2023-8-14
Use props
fans5d3986ae
New

New Zealand

I too have had this. Using the motion controller. Flying indoors down a hallway. Clipped the wall. Avata rolled onto side and went crazy. As it was trapped in a corner it just kept going crazy. Throw a towel over it then flipped onto back to stop.
1-20 19:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules