FPV Drone and Motion Controller 2?
2224 16 2023-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oK4XInh4LYqH
lvl.1

United States

Now that the DJI FPV drone is compatible with Goggles 2 and Integra, will there be an update to make the Motion Controller 2 compatible with the FPV drone?
2023-8-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope so but I'm not finding a whole lot of difference between the two when flying (decent speed and acceleration, turns, etc).  I know the controls are better, take off/landing, etc but not using the backwards trigger.
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_oK4XInh4LYqH. Currently, we don't have any information about this but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-8-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I also think that would be a nice, useful addition...   
2023-8-11
Use props
DON-FPV
lvl.1

Philippines

Ooof, I plan to buy the FPV aircraft only and pair it with my motion 2. Knowing that it has 60mph forward speed limit in sports (FPV), I expect it would have better descend and ascend speeds as well.
2023-8-21
Use props
djiuser_3wN8eShGhlO5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1078980 ft
United States

I would also like to be able to use my Motion Controller 2 with the FPV drone.  Please update compatibility.   Thank you DJI!!
2023-8-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_3wN8eShGhlO5 Posted at 8-22 06:08
I would also like to be able to use my Motion Controller 2 with the FPV drone.  Please update compatibility.   Thank you DJI!!

What do you hope to gain from the MC2 over the original MC?  I don't believe we are going to get head tracking with the FPV.  I rarely use the backwards trigger on the MC2.  The only thing I can think of is the start/stop with the joystick that makes it easier to land/take-off.

On the flip side, there are risks such as decrease signal, not as responsive, trigger acceleration lacking; maybe.

If you don't have the MC but you have the MC2, understandable why you want compatibility.  Some people don't like to carry around 2 items as well.  Just thinking of reasons.....
2023-8-22
Use props
djsteve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1709272 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also am wanting to use the Motion Controller 2 with the DJI FPV. I bought the combo with the Integra goggles and MC2, so it is confusing that the goggles work but the controller does not.
2023-9-2
Use props
Alex FPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111161 ft
Romania

Before that, I think it would be very useful if we could use Motion Controller 2 in the dji virtual flying simulator so we can practice stuff without putting the drone in danger.
A like if you agree
2023-9-3
Use props
FacitAir.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1078980 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 8-22 08:00
What do you hope to gain from the MC2 over the original MC?  I don't believe we are going to get head tracking with the FPV.  I rarely use the backwards trigger on the MC2.  The only thing I can think of is the start/stop with the joystick that makes it easier to land/take-off.

On the flip side, there are risks such as decrease signal, not as responsive, trigger acceleration lacking; maybe.

The reason is I don't want to buy another controller.  I already own the MC2 and not the MC.  I ended up buying the FPV RC.
2023-9-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FacitAir.com Posted at 9-12 06:49
The reason is I don't want to buy another controller.  I already own the MC2 and not the MC.  I ended up buying the FPV RC.

Ok.  I don't think you are missing much by not having the MC to fly the DJI FPV, it's not that great.
2023-9-12
Use props
Hamid Blogger
lvl.1

Pakistan

The Motion Controller 2 is not compatible with the DJI FPV Drone. It is only compatible with the DJI Avata and the following drones:

DJI Mavic 3 Classic
DJI Mavic 3
DJI Mavic 3 Cine
DJI Mavic 3 Pro
DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine
DJI Mini 3 Pro
If you want to use the Motion Controller 2 with the DJI FPV Drone, you will need to purchase the DJI FPV Motion Controller. The DJI FPV Motion Controller is a different product than the Motion Controller 2. It has a different design and it is specifically designed for use with the DJI FPV Drone.

I hope this helps!

2023-9-13
Use props
djiuser_IyxEhLneVVlO
New

New Zealand

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-11 20:11
Hi, djiuser_oK4XInh4LYqH. Currently, we don't have any information about this but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.

Make an update please, it’s an absolute rip off that this wasn’t thought of in the first place for those who own an FPV and leapt at the thought of reversing with the motion controller!!!
2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_IyxEhLneVVlO
New

New Zealand

Hamid Blogger Posted at 9-13 01:00
The Motion Controller 2 is not compatible with the DJI FPV Drone. It is only compatible with the DJI Avata and the following drones:

DJI Mavic 3 Classic

How do you mean? I have the motion controller 1, how do I use that to pair the motion controller 2?
2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_hG0t1xPusf5O
lvl.1

United States

I have used the Motion 2 controller and Goggles 2 with my Mini 3 Pro and do like the ability to orbit a subject on the ground manually by flying sideways and tilting the controller.  This ability, flying backwards, and the much better ability to force the FPV drone to land quickly with the joystick would be a great feature for the FPV drone.  What is the exact technical reason that the Motion 2 controller won't work with the DJI FPV drone?
2023-10-14
Use props
Vito Anzano
lvl.1

United States

Don't understand.why they worded the controller like it works with any drone that's compatible.with the goggles...what a dirty move
1-9 16:56
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Vito Anzano Posted at 1-9 16:56
Don't understand.why they worded the controller like it works with any drone that's compatible.with the goggles...what a dirty move

The FPV works perfectly fine with one of the motion controllers already which are inexpensive and widely available.  There's no critical reason to make it compatible with every MC out there.  At this point, everyone with an FPV with who wants one probably already has one; DJI does not have unlimited resources they have to prioritize.

Am I happy I have to take 2 MCs and 1 RC with me with I go fly both FPV and Avata.....yeah probably.
1-9 18:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules