V2 goggles won't connect to Samsung S23. Grounded due to RID rule.
1110 3 2023-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff Bay
lvl.1

United States

I updated firmware on my FPV system to latest versions. Now when I fly I'm required to connect my phone due to RID requirements. Fine, that's the rule now. The problem is I can't get my V2 goggles to connect to my phone (S23). The FPV drone, Controller 2, and V2 goggles connect to each other but I'm grounded because the goggles won't connect to the phone. I have two DJI FPV drones. Here's the firmware I'm using: v01.04.0000 drone, v01.04.0000 goggles, and v02.00.0900 controller. Does anybody know a solution to this?
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jeff. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the following steps below:
1. Ensure that the DJI Fly app is the latest version.
2. Connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2/DJI Goggles 2 to DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series) to refresh the firmware.
3. If an OTG cable is connected, ensure that the OTG cable is connected to the goggles, and the data cable is connected to the mobile phone.
4. For Android mobile phones, we recommend using the DJI USB-C cable. For iOS system mobile phones, we recommend using the original cable. Please try to use another cable and try again.
Notes: The USB-C to Lightning cable can directly connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the mobile phone without using an OTG cable.
5. If possible, use another OTG cable for cross-testing.
6. If the issue persists after the above troubleshooting steps have been tried, please send their goggles back to check the port.
2023-8-14
Use props
Jeff Bay
lvl.1

United States

Thank you, DJI Gamora! I discovered the problem to be phone related. Long story short, it seems my cell phone gets confused between using my home Wi-Fi and the cell network connection. I've seen this behavior with other wi-fi related apps here at the house. I finally connected the dots, and all is good now.
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jeff Bay Posted at 8-14 08:44
Thank you, DJI Gamora! I discovered the problem to be phone related. Long story short, it seems my cell phone gets confused between using my home Wi-Fi and the cell network connection. I've seen this behavior with other wi-fi related apps here at the house. I finally connected the dots, and all is good now.

Hi, Jeff. Thank you for the update. Glad that you have figured it out and that there's no issue with the goggles. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a safe flight always!
2023-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules