Air 3 artifacts on video
1675 30 2023-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 681194 ft
Finland

Hi! I just got my new drone and have flied it couple times and both times after i go edit my videos, there are really weird artifacts. These appear more often when use digital zoom but they appear even without it too. Does anyone know what im doing wrong? I use 4k 25fps D-Log M, iso(auto) wb doesnt matter is it manual or auto. I can't see these on RC2 when flying.

Näyttökuva 2023-08-11 224346.jpg Näyttökuva 2023-08-11 222356.jpg

*I just watched footage from drone's memory card directly and raw footage from windows media player and those artifacts were not there. Why do i see it on davinci resolve only? Is there some setting wrong which causes this?
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh. Thank you for reaching out. Let us forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh
lvl.2
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-14 07:28
Hi, djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh. Thank you for reaching out. Let us forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.

Hi! I think files got corrupted when i copied them from drones memory card to computer. Today i was editing videos directly from drones memory card and there was no issues.
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh Posted at 8-14 10:57
Hi! I think files got corrupted when i copied them from drones memory card to computer. Today i was editing videos directly from drones memory card and there was no issues.

Hi, djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh. Thank you for the update. Glad to know that it is now working fine on your end. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-8-16
Use props
djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh
lvl.2
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-16 07:36
Hi, djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh. Thank you for the update. Glad to know that it is now working fine on your end. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Its kind of ok but my problem is when i want to edit or color grade, these artifacts appears on Davinci Resolve. Even if i dont transfer files and just read them directly from memory card. Is there anyone who knows why this happens? Thank you.
2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh Posted at 8-16 07:57
Its kind of ok but my problem is when i want to edit or color grade, these artifacts appears on Davinci Resolve. Even if i dont transfer files and just read them directly from memory card. Is there anyone who knows why this happens? Thank you.

Hi, djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh. Please confirm if you are using H.264 format, if yes please know that Davinci free version does not support H.264 D-Log M videos, please use the Davinci Resolve studio version. We're sorry for the inconvenience, this is a compatibility issue on H.264 D-Log Mformat.
2023-8-19
Use props
djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh
lvl.2
Finland

It should be h.265 format when using d-log m. Or atleast i cant change it when d log is chosen.
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh Posted at 8-19 05:35
It should be h.265 format when using d-log m. Or atleast i cant change it when d log is chosen.

Hi, djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh. Can you please confirm if all H.265 with Dlog-M format have an issue? if yes please provide us with the original video files (export from DJI directly, the file name is DJI_xxx) and we will further check it. Please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-8-22
Use props
djiuser_Q2JcQpEPZ185
lvl.1
France

Hi, I have the exact same issue with the Air 3. Reported it to DJI twice, the drone went to repair, it came back this week, and the problem is the same...Did you solve it?

2023-11-10
Use props
djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh
lvl.2
Finland

djiuser_Q2JcQpEPZ185 Posted at 11-10 01:59
Hi, I have the exact same issue with the Air 3. Reported it to DJI twice, the drone went to repair, it came back this week, and the problem is the same...Did you solve it?

No it's still the same. Video is fine until i view it in Davinci Resolve and then it gets corrupt somehow. What did they do to your drone in repair?
2023-11-10
Use props
feub
lvl.1
France

djiuser_50OL0YIDiiLh Posted at 11-10 03:36
No it's still the same. Video is fine until i view it in Davinci Resolve and then it gets corrupt somehow. What did they do to your drone in repair?

They replaced it last week (great service in Europe btw, replaced in less than a week), but the problem remains the same. I contacted DJI support his morning again, Express Service will come take the drone again for a repair/replacement. But I am quite pessimistic, it looks like an issue on the Air 3 in general.

To my experience, it occurs mainly in D-LOG M, when there is a big contrast. I am flying only in mountain, most of the time in moody atmosphere, and the issue occurs when there is big white clouds contrasting on the forest/mountain.

Sample of this morning:
2023-11-10
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

FOR ALL :

DAVINCI RESOLVE FREE version DOES NOT SUPPORT H265...will corrupt the editing !
You need STUDIO version !
Move to some software that is free and support H265 in FREE version, or you will see corrupted video output.
Cheers.
2023-11-10
Use props
feub
lvl.1
France

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-10 04:32
FOR ALL :

DAVINCI RESOLVE FREE version DOES NOT SUPPORT H265...will corrupt the editing !

The artefacts appear in the original footage, I don't talk about Davinci for my issue. Plus the Air 3 went to repair already, that didn't fix it.

And what you say is not correct anyway, I've been editing in Resolve (free) in H265 on Windows for quite some years and it does work obviously.
2023-11-10
Use props
jony O.U
lvl.1
Chile

Hola, ayer dos días que tengo el dron y me sucede lo mismo, la mitad del vídeo sale con otro color cuando edito en davinci resolve, lo curioso es que el primer vuelo que fue de noche usando los mismos parámetros no me arrojo ese problema puede editar bien, y al día siguiente grabando de día con altos contrastes si sale ese problema por lo que descarto que pueda ser problema de davinci 18, e pensado que quizá al ser más información de color por ser se día, quizá mi tarjeta SD no grabó la información correcta tengo solo teorias hoy volaré nuevamente y veré qué sucede espero que tengamos pronto una solución concreta.
2023-11-10
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

feub Posted at 11-10 05:59
The artefacts appear in the original footage, I don't talk about Davinci for my issue. Plus the Air 3 went to repair already, that didn't fix it.

And what you say is not correct anyway, I've been editing in Resolve (free) in H265 on Windows for quite some years and it does work obviously.

You cannot export and edit in Free Resolve 10bit H265.

If is original footage, try to record on internal memory...if is still like this, is an issue indeed with drone.
2023-11-10
Use props
feub
lvl.1
France

I don't know if people are interested, but I got my Air 3 back from repair/replacement from DJI Europe, and the problem remains the same. This is the second replacement in less than a month. I did some more tests this morning:
- D-LOG-M auto (ISO, shutter speed) - Fail
- D-LOG-M manuel - Fail

- Normal auto - OK
- Normal manual - OK

Recording internal or on SD card is the same (it fails in D-LOG-M). So the issue is really in D-LOG-M only, it doesn't matter if recoding internally or on a microSD card or if the settings are on auto or manual, artifacts and color issues appear.
2023-11-24
Use props
aramsmak
lvl.1

Germany

Reach out to DJI support once more and provide them with detailed information about the issue. Mention that this problem has persisted through two replacements. They might be able to offer additional troubleshooting steps or insights. Ensure that your drone's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, firmware updates can address issues with certain recording modes or overall performance. Try resetting your DJI Air 3 to factory settings. This can sometimes resolve software glitches or conflicts that may be causing the issue.
2023-11-24
Use props
Balzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1070256 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I've flown in similar condition and never seen anything like this. I've flown through clouds, at night or early in the morning with the Air 3 and never seen these Artifacts. Could this be an issue with the player you use to watch the footage? D-Log M is 10bit, maybe your player does not support 10bit files and converts them down to 8bit?

If the issue is with davinci alone, I think enough people pointed out, that you might need the studio version. But apart from that:
- what do you use to color grade your videos? Do you grade them manually or do you use a lut? Luts can be tricky and might lead to some artifacting if they are not designed with the color profile and camera/drone you use them with.
- Do you setup your davinci projects correctly, or do you use some youtubers adive on that? I'd recommend you to keep your timeline color space on REC709 or put it on default if you're not familiar with grading in davinci wide gammut or using ACCEs etc
- Do you use previews or a different timeline resolution or anything like that in davinci? If so, that might also lead to artifacting in davinci, but should not affect the export render

If issues persist, you could upload some raw footage for me to take a look at  and see, if it looks wrong on my PC too.

2023-11-29
Use props
TapDance
lvl.3
Flight distance : 283583 ft

United States

I see you are having the same issue as I am.
2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_CKy4FRJscSmx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25797 ft

Colombia

nice :O i would like to try something simiar
2023-12-11
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Just post your "corrupted" video on a Google drive....I am curious about this....it cannot be 2 drones with same error.
Give me a private message if you do not want to share the video here, I have both Studio and Premiere with license as we have a Studio for commercials here.
Make sure the video is one from drone, not altered or edited.

Cheers.
2023-12-12
Use props
Alfred64
lvl.1

Italy

I have the same problem too. It is Davince Resolve which is incompatible with dlog-m movies. Playing the video in the preview pane already shows the problem even before inserting the video into the timeline.
1-1 13:43
Use props
Samok
New
Flight distance : 303743 ft

Slovenia

Hi.
I've got the same problem with my air 3.
I only shot in dlog-m and saw the artaffects. The footage seems fine when you wiew it any other windows footage wiewing app except in widows media player. That wouldn't be a problem for me, but I also edit in Davinci, non studio version in which the footage is degraded in the timeline and in the exported file. But I've also got Premiere pro, which i don't edit in, but I tried playing and exporting the air 3 footage in and there were no signs of degraded footage whatsoever. So the problem must be in codec and computer/programs reading it and not in the drone itself. So replacing a drone won't fix anything. You will eather have to buy a Davinci studio version or switch to Premiere.
But a wierd thing to me is, that most of the footage turns out completly fine, even in davinci, just some clips are degraded (for me its 1 degraded clip in 10 or 20 recorded ones).
If Davinci would have a problem reading the codec, then in my understanding all the footage shot in 10-bit dlog-m would be affected, but its not.

I also tried recording to internal storage and to SD card, but it made no difference.

Still I think the problem is in program not reading the codec correctly. And I can confirm that with the defection line "following" the texture/surface of a recorded clip if the camera/drone is moving. That probobaly wouldn't be the case if the problem would be a drone, in which case the line of defect would most definetly be still/wouldnt move across the frame with the texture.
And if the drone would be a problem, then in all the programs the defect would show up, not just in a few.

At first I thought that diferent programs may read the footage differently ( I thought that some may display footage from proxies, which would be unaffected and others would read the footage directly), but this is very unlikely.

But just a thing to think of: I also have a camera and I shoot a 10-bit video with it and I've never had any problems with the footage. But it's true that the codec may varie, and also before editing footage I convert it to another codec (I hoot with Sony and use Catalyst browse) just for computer to understand the codec.
3-5 14:06
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Samok Posted at 3-5 14:06
Hi.
I've got the same problem with my air 3.
I only shot in dlog-m and saw the artaffects. The footage seems fine when you wiew it any other windows footage wiewing app except in widows media player. That wouldn't be a problem for me, but I also edit in Davinci, non studio version in which the footage is degraded in the timeline and in the exported file. But I've also got Premiere pro, which i don't edit in, but I tried playing and exporting the air 3 footage in and there were no signs of degraded footage whatsoever. So the problem must be in codec and computer/programs reading it and not in the drone itself. So replacing a drone won't fix anything. You will eather have to buy a Davinci studio version or switch to Premiere.

Provide the original file with the problem and a screenshot to show what your problem looks like. I'll take a look on my computer.
3-6 10:45
Use props
tr3c00l
lvl.1

Ireland

I have the exact same issue with my Air 3 when recording in D-Log M. I've seen those tears even when viewing in VLC but also (and even more) in DaVinco Resolve (Free version).

And I agree with many others here: The free version definitely handels D-log M footage in h265. I've created many videos without any problem. It's just some video files that are getting corrupted.

Has anyone come up with a resolution or heard from DJI about it?

My drone is using the latest firmware as of yesterday morning.
3-8 15:32
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

tr3c00l Posted at 3-8 15:32
I have the exact same issue with my Air 3 when recording in D-Log M. I've seen those tears even when viewing in VLC but also (and even more) in DaVinco Resolve (Free version).

And I agree with many others here: The free version definitely handels D-log M footage in h265. I've created many videos without any problem. It's just some video files that are getting corrupted.

Try Premiere or other. Davinci will not work in 10 bit free version, will make artefacts.
Also for MAC users, is a known issue with this, HEVC is corrupted on some systems.

3-10 23:49
Use props
djiuser_KEmHWnCNlaX2
New

Portugal

Same problem here. The only solution i found  was to convert the videos to h264 4k on any converter. I am using adobe media encode4 because you dont lose too many quality, but after reading everything here, i think i need to buy davinci resolve studio. But first, anyone with davinvi resolve studio have the same problem?
I leave 2 photos of the same clip. One on davinci resolve ( with artifacts), and the other one on my pc viewer ( without problems)
3-14 04:54
Use props
djiuser_KEmHWnCNlaX2
New

Portugal

Geo_Drone Posted at 3-10 23:49
Try Premiere or other. Davinci will not work in 10 bit free version, will make artefacts.
Also for MAC users, is a known issue with this, HEVC is corrupted on some systems.

Not even davinci resolve studio?
3-14 05:46
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Please provide the original with the problem.
3-14 07:07
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

djiuser_KEmHWnCNlaX2 Posted at 3-14 05:46
Not even davinci resolve studio?

In Windows will work the Studio version.
On MAC will not work on some models, as the codec HEVC is not proprietary Davinci, so I recommend you to check first if the HEVC 10bit is properly played by a media player on system.
If it is, is a real chance that all will work fine with Studio. If not, you need to check compatibility of HEVC codec with your system.
3-19 00:32
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

FOR EVERYONE THAT SAYS IT HAVE THIS ISSUE:
Post an original file from Card on Google drive or PCloud in order to be checked !!!
Or you will send the drone to DJI for NOTHING !
3-21 01:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules