4011 68 2023-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iweTiQJhUyS7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157877 ft
Germany

Please update the controller firmware.
In iOS or android system I can disable the MAC-address change for privacy reasons.
Every time I reboot the RC2 controller I get a new device in my router. Very annoying!!
2-12 18:01
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope DJI has paid attention to this thread at the number of prior that agree that the current MAC address scheme needs to be changed. Allow us the choice to turn private off.
2-12 18:11
Use props
A.T.
lvl.1
Italy

+1
Please make a fixed MAC address option.
2-13 09:34
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

shaiboyuk Posted at 2-9 02:34
@dji please listen to your customers, this needs sorted now.

Hello, there. Please know that we will continuously be forwarding relevant feedback regarding this matter. Thank yo for your support.
2-15 03:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJIMausHGermany Posted at 2-10 04:00
@dji: Unbedingt ein Update, das feste MAC-Adressen im Heimnetzwerk erlaubt.
Danke
@dji: Definitely an update that allows fixed MAC addresses in the home network.

Thank you for your input. Rest assured that your feedback will be cascaded as well.
2-15 03:02
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

A.T. Posted at 2-13 09:34
+1
Please make a fixed MAC address option.

Thank you for your additional support regarding this phenomenon. Rest assured that we're constantly working with our relevant team regarding this matter. Thank you for your support.
2-15 03:05
Use props
Gazwas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 907831 ft
United Kingdom

+1 Agree with everything said here.

Please DJI let us have control of the MAC address as its a pain how implemented now when the vast majority of users will be on private networks.
2-15 13:33
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Indeed this is strange, and I could absolutely see how this would cause instability and issues on a private filtered network.
2-16 10:48
Use props
djiuser_AhQ1DP9FDQLu
New

United States

This remains a strange choice... not being able to use a fixed MAC address is in fact, when on a network you own (your cell phone or home wifi) a security risk, not a security plus.
2-18 06:22
Use props
Fred2948
New

Germany

I activate Mini 4 Pro and RC 2 after each use at home to download photos and video clips. Each time new mac addresses for RC 2 and Mini 4 Pro were generated and I need to sort out later on the network device list of my router to delete the obsolete addresses. Why is this non-productive action necessary? There are so many requests to improve the situation, but apparently nothing happens? Why?  Please explain.
2-23 05:44
Use props
EagleScout
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49895 ft

United States

I purchased my first drone and opened an account today.  I have been a DJI owner for three hours and this randomized MAC issue is already a problem for me.  I am both requesting and requiring that this bug in the code be fixed.  I see above someone is marketing this as a "security feature".  As a CISSP, this is definitely a bug.  A flaw in the design.  Randomized MAC addresses are great for public places that provide free WiFi with no security.  For private networks (home or enterprise) with proper security in place, randomized MAC addresses are a nightmare to deal with.  The RC 2 is an Android-based product.  The Android OS has had the ability to turn off randomized MAC's on specified WiFi networks for YEARS.  This is definitely an error/oversight in the code of the product that can be easily corrected through a firmware update.  PLEASE, do the right thing and fix this problem.

Thank you!
3-20 15:32
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EagleScout Posted at 3-20 15:32
I purchased my first drone and opened an account today.  I have been a DJI owner for three hours and this randomized MAC issue is already a problem for me.  I am both requesting and requiring that this bug in the code be fixed.  I see above someone is marketing this as a "security feature".  As a CISSP, this is definitely a bug.  A flaw in the design.  Randomized MAC addresses are great for public places that provide free WiFi with no security.  For private networks (home or enterprise) with proper security in place, randomized MAC addresses are a nightmare to deal with.  The RC 2 is an Android-based product.  The Android OS has had the ability to turn off randomized MAC's on specified WiFi networks for YEARS.  This is definitely an error/oversight in the code of the product that can be easily corrected through a firmware update.  PLEASE, do the right thing and fix this problem.

Thank you!

The sad thing is, this is not a bug. It’s intentional in the way that this works. But it needs to be changed to where it can be disabled by the end user.
3-20 15:45
Use props
TheJMG
New

France

Agree !, really annoying thing that can be fixed easily by DJI teams through an update (I don't have this problem with the previous RC)
3-28 02:53
Use props
djiuser_YjXzbARsWPUR
lvl.1
Germany

I would also like to see this random MAC address, which in my opinion is useless and rather questionable, at least be able to be switched off. It also gets on my nerves that my router has to deal with endless lists of random MAC addresses and the fact that I also have to allow unknown devices.

So please DJI, let us users decide for ourselves whether we use fixed or random MAC addresses, just as Android provides!
4-4 03:53
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_YjXzbARsWPUR Posted at 4-4 03:53
I would also like to see this random MAC address, which in my opinion is useless and rather questionable, at least be able to be switched off. It also gets on my nerves that my router has to deal with endless lists of random MAC addresses and the fact that I also have to allow unknown devices.

So please DJI, let us users decide for ourselves whether we use fixed or random MAC addresses, just as Android provides!

Hello there. Due to changes in the privacy policy of DJI RC2's built-in Android system, in order to protect customer privacy and security to the greatest extent, a set of MAC addresses will be randomly generated after restarting the remote control. Currently, it cannot be set to a fixed value. Rest assured that we will continue to gather such feedback and ensure that it will reach our designated team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-4 22:22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-4 22:22
Hello there. Due to changes in the privacy policy of DJI RC2's built-in Android system, in order to protect customer privacy and security to the greatest extent, a set of MAC addresses will be randomly generated after restarting the remote control. Currently, it cannot be set to a fixed value. Rest assured that we will continue to gather such feedback and ensure that it will reach our designated team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding and support.

DJI Paladin, when it comes to a private network, this privacy policy should not apply. Only on public networks. If you were connecting to my private network, you wouldn't be successful because my network doesn't allow you to connect unless you are on the approved MAC address filter and other criteria to make your device a known allowed user of MY network. it takes a lot of work on the part of a home network or business network to keep unauthorized users off their networks and this is part of it. To do things this way is asking us to open our networks up to unauthorized access and other work to keep the address assignment from being used up. So this seriously needs consideration to allow the end user the choice to use a static MAC address or a randomly generated MAC each time a connection is made, privacy policy or not.
4-11 07:50
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just trying  the new  "fly share" option, that is the reason I cam by this topic (neither fly share nor quick transfer ist working, dam`n)

There is a switch in the wifi settings from the RC2 to change from "every time a new" to "use device mac "

on main screen (Album, Skypixel, Profil) swipe down twice from the top

hold finger long on wifi button

click on settings for the active wifi connection

scroll down to advanced

scroll down a bit more, you will see the standard setting
"every time a new Mac-Adress"
change settings

That should do

4-12 11:26
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-12 11:26
Just trying  the new  "fly share" option, that is the reason I cam by this topic (neither fly share nor quick transfer ist working, dam`n)

There is a switch in the wifi settings from the RC2 to change from "every time a new" to "use device mac "

I’ll check that out, hopefully that will do the trick!! Thanks!!
4-12 11:36
Use props
djiuser_YjXzbARsWPUR
lvl.1
Germany

Great!
I just updated to V 1.13.0 and there I have that feature, before I did not have it!
4-12 22:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JodyB Posted at 4-11 07:50
DJI Paladin, when it comes to a private network, this privacy policy should not apply. Only on public networks. If you were connecting to my private network, you wouldn't be successful because my network doesn't allow you to connect unless you are on the approved MAC address filter and other criteria to make your device a known allowed user of MY network. it takes a lot of work on the part of a home network or business network to keep unauthorized users off their networks and this is part of it. To do things this way is asking us to open our networks up to unauthorized access and other work to keep the address assignment from being used up. So this seriously needs consideration to allow the end user the choice to use a static MAC address or a randomly generated MAC each time a connection is made, privacy policy or not.

Thank you for your feedback, JodyB. We will gather this concern as a suggestion and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Wea appreciate your understanding and support.
4-13 00:45
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’m sorry but I’m not seeing the option as described here even after the latest rc2 update
4-13 06:50
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JodyB Posted at 4-13 06:50
I’m sorry but I’m not seeing the option as described here even after the latest rc2 update

Sorry, I got distracted.  But it is there, trust me!

Your DJI Fly is v1.13.0?

4-13 08:16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-13 08:16
Sorry, I got distracted.  But it is there, trust me!

Your DJI Fly is v1.13.0?

Can you post screen shots of how to find? Maybe I’m looking in the wrong area
4-13 13:19
Use props
stewebe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518488 ft
Germany

JodyB Posted at 4-13 13:19
Can you post screen shots of how to find? Maybe I’m looking in the wrong area

After the update I was able to set it to fixed Mac adress.

You will find the switch under the settings for the specific wifi network where you want to apply it.
It is NOT a setting for wifi in general.
4-13 22:57
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

stewebe Posted at 4-13 22:57

You will find the switch under the settings for the specific wifi network where you want to apply it.

Thank you. I will Truist this out!!! Much appreciated!
4-14 01:35
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

stewebe Posted at 4-13 22:57

Stewebe, spot on. Thanks for filling in the blanks!!
4-14 05:04
Use props
stewebe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518488 ft
Germany

Thanks to you for starting this topic and to DJI for making the change!
4-15 01:14
Use props
EagleScout
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49895 ft

United States

EagleScout Posted at 3-20 15:32
I purchased my first drone and opened an account today.  I have been a DJI owner for three hours and this randomized MAC issue is already a problem for me.  I am both requesting and requiring that this bug in the code be fixed.  I see above someone is marketing this as a "security feature".  As a CISSP, this is definitely a bug.  A flaw in the design.  Randomized MAC addresses are great for public places that provide free WiFi with no security.  For private networks (home or enterprise) with proper security in place, randomized MAC addresses are a nightmare to deal with.  The RC 2 is an Android-based product.  The Android OS has had the ability to turn off randomized MAC's on specified WiFi networks for YEARS.  This is definitely an error/oversight in the code of the product that can be easily corrected through a firmware update.  PLEASE, do the right thing and fix this problem.

Thank you!

Thank you for fixing this issue with the latest firmware update.  I greatly appreciate you being so responsive.
4-19 07:46
Use props
Gazwas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 907831 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks DJI. Great news that this feature was added. No more notifications from my router every time I power up the RC2.
4-19 10:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules