Crooked horizon
418 3 2023-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Demitry Artz
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello all!

I recently bought a DJI mini 2 SE. I noticed during flight that the horizon is crooked in certain directions when i turn to face another direction its gone.

When i slightly fly the drone in the wind it stabilizes again and its not crooked anymore. Is this normal? Added pictures for clarification
dji_fly_20230812_154516_594_1691848070386_photo_optimized.jpeg
dji_fly_20230812_163358_625_1691850893345_photo_optimized.jpeg
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? Please try to perform the Gimbal calibration then have a test flight again to a location without a strong wind to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-12
Use props
Demitry Artz
lvl.1

Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-13 06:08
This has been an issue on many models over the years.  It is is much improved on the latest birds, but still pops up from time to time, especially in winds.   If the bird has been crashed or dropped this problem can often arise.  Perform an IMU calibration followed by a gimbal calibration on a level surface & see if that helps.  On a small bird like the Mini 2 don't expect absolute perfection.

Thanks for your reply! I made another post later and i have tried the calibrations. No dice unfortunately.

I swapped it out in the store i bought it from and now its working perfectly again in higher speed winds.

So i guess it was a defect after all.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Demitry Artz Posted at 8-13 06:29
Thanks for your reply! I made another post later and i have tried the calibrations. No dice unfortunately.

I swapped it out in the store i bought it from and now its working perfectly again in higher speed winds.

Thank you for keeping us posted on the issue that you experienced. We're glad that you already received a new replacement unit without any issues. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules