Crooked horizon
720 8 2023-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Demitry Artz
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello all!

I recently bought a DJI mini 2 SE as my first drone so. I am very new to all of this.

During my flights i noticed that the horizon was crooked and it would not adjust. Its in a certain direction and i asume against wind. Its not giving a wind speed warning  regarding the wind or any gimball error.

But the horizons seems of anywhere between +3 or -3 on the manual gimball adjustment.  

I tried the following :

ICM calibration, compass calibration, gimball calibration and several times a recenter. It doesnt seem to even out. Unless i fly into the wind where the blue wind indicator will even out then its steady again. When i turn around its gone so asume its wind based.

Pictures for reference. I didnt notice its really that windy is this normal or is this a defect?

Thanks in advance!
dji_fly_20230812_163358_625_1691850893345_photo_optimized.jpeg
dji_fly_20230812_152532_592_1691848078224_photo_optimized.jpeg
2023-8-12
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

defect, if you calibrated the drone 2nd pic is not typical
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Demitry Artz. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Let me forward this with our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-8-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When i bought my Mini 2 a couple of years back, I had this issue too, i sent it back for a replacement and the new one had no issues at all, even hovered in near max speed for N mode but it was in sports and still no camera/gimbal issues. So it either needs replacing where you bought it or sending for repair
2023-8-12
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It also could be you’ve accidentally switched it to fpv mode?
2023-8-13
Use props
Demitry Artz
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thanks all for your replies!

I have returned the drone and swapped it for another one. Tested this one out and it was perfect again. I guess it was s defect after all!
2023-8-13
Use props
rcksil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48865 ft
United States

Had the same issue today.. After it got screwy and I had to do a IMU calibrate I noted it. Did a manual adjust and good for now. Tomorrow I will check again.
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rcksil@me.com Posted at 11-16 17:00
Had the same issue today.. After it got screwy and I had to do a IMU calibrate I noted it. Did a manual adjust and good for now. Tomorrow I will check again.

Hi there. Yes, we recommend calibrating the IMU and compass in a leveled horizontal position. Please keep us posted if the issue persists. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-17
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules