1560 7 2023-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andris01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384747 ft
Hungary

Hi guys!

I recently discovered a very strange problem about wind warnings with my dji mini 2. In the last few weeks I went to several different places I got the same issues everywhere.

After I take off It always says "strong wind"even if there is actually no wind at all. It reduces the max altitude to 30 meter and the max distance to 50 meter. With this small range it is unenjoyable and difficult to take good shots. However, I noticed that it only does this when I fly low like the height of 5 or 6 meters. When I go up to 100 meters immediately after I took off and I fly high I do not got this message.
It used to work better. A year ago I was able to fly when there was wind, but now I couldn't even fly when there isn't any.

What can I do in this situation?

2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please go to a location without strong wind and have a test flight and then please take a screen recording showing the live camera view of the aircraft so we can check it further. You may upload the video using Google Drive or Youtube and send the link here. Furthermore, without propeller guards mounted, a red prompt will appear on the DJI Fly app when the wind velocity is more than 10 m/s for five seconds. The aircraft encounters strong wind and may not return to the home point. Please lower the altitude and manually return to the home point immediately. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-13
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Post deleted..
2023-8-13
Use props
mustangman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 541476 ft
United States

I have started getting the wind warnings also.  I flew couple batteries through it and I got wind warnings both times.  No wind at all where I was flying. It is annoying because it turns payload mode on and restricts height.  Just started doing it after last update.
2023-8-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andris01, might it be a translation problem, either Chinese to Hungarian or Hungarian to English?
I ask because the combination of height and distance limits you see and report remind me of the  limitations imposed if you are not logged into the App.
Are you logged into the App?

As suggested my Mustangman, is the payload mode switched on?
2023-8-13
Use props
Andris01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384747 ft
Hungary

Hi guys,

Thank you for everyone who replied!

After reading mustangman's reply, I realised that I have the same problem. I used propeller guards too. That's why it automatically turned on payload mode and reduced the altitude and distance.
I took off the propeller guards and tried it in my garden. It worked like magic. I was able to fly high and far.

I am very glad that now it works like it has to. You all helped me a lot.

2023-8-14
Use props
mustangman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 541476 ft
United States

I don't have propeller guard installed and I never used to get the high wind warning.  Now I get it every flight and it automatically turns on the payload mode on by itself in the app.  It just started  doing this after last update.
2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mustangman Posted at 8-16 17:24
I don't have propeller guard installed and I never used to get the high wind warning.  Now I get it every flight and it automatically turns on the payload mode on by itself in the app.  It just started  doing this after last update.

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you be able to post a video for us to check? We appreciate your patience.
2023-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules