DJI Terra cashe location
1222 8 2023-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlemieux
lvl.1

United States

I have bee using Terra software to process LiDAR data and the Cashe location was default.  As data space became an issue i relocated to a portable hard drive.  I removed the drive  for a while and when i reconnected it, Terra automajically remapped the location to my Onedrive backup.  i tried to relocated the data back to my portable dive but i get a write drive error about a 3rd of the way though the process.
Is there an easy way to re-point the Terra data to my portable drive??
thanks in advnance.
Jim
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

i tried to relocated the data back to my portable dive but i get a write drive error about a 3rd of the way though the process.
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please screenshot this message for us?
2023-8-13
Use props
jlemieux
lvl.1

United States

I re-directed the cashe  let it run all day yesterday and it  actually finished, but it did not show up in the mission sidebar.  Isn't there a way to just point it to the correct location? is is held in the registry or a file?  I am almost ready to re-process the data again...  There is a slightly newer version, but i hesitate to update...
thanks in advance. Jim.
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jlemieux Posted at 8-15 06:23
I re-directed the cashe  let it run all day yesterday and it  actually finished, but it did not show up in the mission sidebar.  Isn't there a way to just point it to the correct location? is is held in the registry or a file?  I am almost ready to re-process the data again...  There is a slightly newer version, but i hesitate to update...
thanks in advance. Jim.

Hi there, we got an update from the corresponding team:
1. First of all, we recommend that you set the DJI Terra cache directory to the local hard disk of the computer. If you set it to an external storage device, it is easy to lose data when the device is disconnected.
2. Based on the current situation, you're recommended to confirm whether the project data in your external drive device is still there, and whether the index file mission.db inside is still there. If the data is lost or the mission.db file is lost, there is no way to restore it. We suggest you to rebuild again.
If the data is still there, you can re-change the cache directory to this path to see if it can be restored. If not, you can copy the entire project folder to the local hard disk of the computer, and then re-change the cache directory to this new location.
If you still can't restore it, we suggest you rebuild it again.
3. If you are worried that the computer’s local disk space is insufficient, you can add a hard disk or export the rebuilt task separately and save it separately, and then import it to DJI Terra for viewing when needed. For the export steps, please refer to the screenshot below.
2023-8-17
Use props
jlemieux
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-17 05:30
Hi there, we got an update from the corresponding team:
1. First of all, we recommend that you set the DJI Terra cache directory to the local hard disk of the computer. If you set it to an external storage device, it is easy to lose data when the device is disconnected.
2. Based on the current situation, you're recommended to confirm whether the project data in your external drive device is still there, and whether the index file mission.db inside is still there. If the data is lost or the mission.db file is lost, there is no way to restore it. We suggest you to rebuild again.

The mission.db file is still there with the data, but when i open Terra, there are no missions shown.
if I attempt to "change" the cashe directory,  the tool says it will "transfer" the existing data to a new location, not just repoint, correct?
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jlemieux Posted at 8-21 13:40
The mission.db file is still there with the data, but when i open Terra, there are no missions shown.
if I attempt to "change" the cashe directory,  the tool says it will "transfer" the existing data to a new location, not just repoint, correct?

Yes, it's correct, please rest assured.
2023-8-22
Use props
Christian Wegener
lvl.1

Germany

I have the same Problem.
The Data-directory including mission.db is existing at a different file location (external).

We tried everything... copying, renaming of directory etc. - but in no case the missions will be shown within Terra.

This is extremly confusing. How many GigaByte or TerraByte should our computer have to store all data on a local harddisc for ever to reuse it???
2023-9-14
Use props
fans584c987c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30174 ft

United States

Christian Wegener Posted at 2023-9-14 06:29
I have the same Problem.
The Data-directory including mission.db is existing at a different file location (external).

I'm having the exact same issue - did this thread ever get resolved?
3-25 16:54
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans584c987c Posted at 3-25 16:54
I'm having the exact same issue - did this thread ever get resolved?

Hi there, may I ask if you met the same issue as the OP? If so, did you try the troubleshooting above? Please elaborate on the issue you encountered so that we can help you further.
3-25 23:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules