Gimbal failure during flight
585 5 2023-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
padpy
lvl.1

United States

We are using the Gimbal for stabilizing a hyperspectral camera system for remoter sensing. Seemingly randomly the gimbal will reset during flight. Not only that, but the gimbal heading/yaw angles for the logs appear to be very noisy, and we see a 180-degree offset. This only seems to happen about 25% of the time and is fairly unpredictable.
Has anyone experienced this before? Should we just send it in to get serviced?
Gimbal Yaw (Failure).png
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, padpy. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, padpy. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team would like to verify some information to further check on this, please check below:

1. Could you please confirm if the Ronin MX used is used with the M600 PRO aircraft?
2. If the Ronin MX is not used with the M600 PRO and is used handheld, does it also have a 180-degree offset?
3. Can you take a video of the Ronin MX on the aircraft to further confirm the abnormality?

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-22
Use props
padpy
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for your reply. I have included responses to your questions below.

1. Yes it is mounted to a M600 PRO.
2. Does not seem to apply.
3. We do not currently have a video. I will have to communicate with the lab member that is responsible for flying and see if he would be available for doing some tests and seeing if we can capture the behaviour on camera.

2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

padpy Posted at 8-23 09:23

1. Yes it is mounted to a M600 PRO. [view_image]

Hi, padpy. Thank you for the details. We'll forward it to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

padpy Posted at 8-23 09:23

1. Yes it is mounted to a M600 PRO. [view_image]

Hi, padpy. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's an update from our relevant team:

1. Please Auto-Tune the Ronin-MX after installing to M600.
2. If you are using the remote controller of Ronin-MX to control the gimbal, please also check if there is any problem when controlling on the ground, and if there's any joystick drift problem.
3. Test the endpoint of the gimbal on the ground, and check if there is any problem.
4. Please confirm what's operation when the gimbal reverses. Is there any switch triggered?
2023-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules