2688 12 2023-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albator74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1878740 ft
France

Hello !

I recently purchased a Mini 3 Pro with a RC remote, I really like the quality of the output videos and handling of the drone,
My main concern is pretty constant weak signal everytime I reach an interesting area to capture lol

I understand that in hilly or montainous areas, it is difficult to keep a strong signal but I tried in more open areas near trees and houses, and had the same issue with quickly losing signal around 1km distance, and the drone will often have to trigger the RH.
My father has a DJI pro (older model) and told me he could go pretty far in the same area without any reception issues.

I also tried this from home (I have a terrace on my roof in Montreal) and the connection is quickly lost after 800m-1km. sometimes flighing at higher altitude will solve the issue but then Winds will become a problem ....

I know we are not supposed to fly drones as soon as they are ouf or our sight....  but for a drone supposed to have a 5-7km range I rarely can go over 1km.
with RC and Mini 3Pro, I also think it's pretty too senstitive to hills and small occlusion signals like trees or houses.

should I get the RC2 - even pro transmitter or this won't make a huge difference ?
is it a known issue with the Mini3 ?

thanks a lot !

2023-8-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RC2 only works with the Air3 currently.     Make sure you turn on the radar and you keep the little arrow green when you fly for best results.  
2023-8-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've found that with the Mini 3 Pro and RC it is a necessity to keep the antennas aimed exactly at the drone to maintain strong signal.  It also helps for signal strength if you can fly a bit higher.  Keep in mind that trees do degrade signal strength. I have flown my Mini 3 Pro with the RC Pro and find the signal strength is a bit better.  Not sure if that is because the RC Pro has external antennas or not.  On my Air 3 using the RC2 (with external antennas) the signal strength is always strong.  Too bad they can't do a FW update to the Mini 3 Pro to use Occusync 4 but I "think" that can only be done via hardware.  
2023-8-15
Use props
Albator74
lvl.2
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-15 03:14
I've found that with the Mini 3 Pro and RC it is a necessity to keep the antennas aimed exactly at the drone to maintain strong signal.  It also helps for signal strength if you can fly a bit higher.  Keep in mind that trees do degrade signal strength. I have flown my Mini 3 Pro with the RC Pro and find the signal strength is a bit better.  Not sure if that is because the RC Pro has external antennas or not.  On my Air 3 using the RC2 (with external antennas) the signal strength is always strong.  Too bad they can't do a FW update to the Mini 3 Pro to use Occusync 4 but I "think" that can only be done via hardware.

ok thanks a lot - I also need to compare with my air2S and regular controller RC-N1,

definitely frustrating yet with RC and MiniPro3, there are a lot of unaccessible shots due to this lack of signal

2023-8-15
Use props
Albator74
lvl.2
France

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-15 04:53
Range is all maintaining a clear LOS between the RC & drone, correctly orienting the RC towards the aircraft, & most importantly the flight environment.  Flying off your balcony over suburban sprawl full of Wi-Fi & other RF sources, range will be decreased.  Anything that blocks a direct LOS between RC & drone, terrain, structures, trees, foliage, will greatly reduce range.  Best range is usually obtained over open water or other open areas with a low RF presence.  In the right environment the DJI RC & Mini 3 Pro will achieve excellent range.

https://youtu.be/jdfGQZfOWFA

I agree, but what would explain that my dad's Mavic pro (1st Gen) has a way better range and reception in similar conditions ?
I guess the older model still has a better remote and drone reception quality ?
2023-8-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Albator74 Posted at 8-15 04:29
ok thanks a lot - I also need to compare with my air2S and regular controller RC-N1,

definitely frustrating yet with RC and MiniPro3, there are a lot of unaccessible shots due to this lack of signal

Yeah it can get frustrating.  Just try to keep as clear line of sight as you can to keep good signal strength.  
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In addition to DowntownRDB and Dirty Bird's reply. You can refer to the image below for a better transmission:

Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-16
Use props
bobmalkh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88045 ft
Israel

Range is all about maintaining a clear LOS between the RC & drone, correctly orienting the RC towards the aircraft, & most importantly the flight environment.  Flying off your balcony over suburban sprawl full of Wi-Fi & other RF sources, range will be decreased.  Anything that blocks a direct LOS between RC & drone, terrain, structures, trees, foliage, will greatly reduce range.  Best range is usually obtained over open water or other open areas with a low RF presence.  In the right environment the DJI RC & Mini 3 Pro will achieve excellent range.

Greetings, it just seems to me or is it true - your RC is not directed at the drone in this video, but in the opposite direction? Could you explain this point. Thanks in advance
2023-8-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

bobmalkh Posted at 8-16 03:45
Greetings, it just seems to me or is it true - your RC is not directed at the drone in this video, but in the opposite direction? Could you explain this point. Thanks in advance

Hi,

Good observation!

His compass mobile device / rc not correct, needs a  good calibration.

cheers
JJB
2023-8-16
Use props
bobmalkh
lvl.4
Israel

JJB* Posted at 8-16 04:01
Hi,

Good observation!

Hi Captain, thanks.
Have a nice day
2023-8-16
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Range is all about maintaining a clear LOS between the RC & drone, correctly orienting the RC towards the aircraft, & most importantly the flight environment.  Flying off your balcony over suburban sprawl full of Wi-Fi & other RF sources, range will be decreased.  Anything that blocks a direct LOS between RC & drone, terrain, structures, trees, foliage, will greatly reduce range.  Best range is usually obtained over open water or other open areas with a low RF presence.  In the right environment the DJI RC & Mini 3 Pro will achieve excellent range.

Nice range 8km i think the bigger battery we don't get it here
2023-8-16
Use props
bobmalkh
lvl.4
Israel

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-16 05:31
I was actually pointing directly towards the drone.  The direction indicator is off because it was the maiden flight & I had not yet calibrated the compass in the DJI RC.

Everything is clear, good flights!
2023-8-16
Use props
djiuser_gq9lyUDoZC1A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187411 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, everyone, please help
1-11 10:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now