Altitude capabilities of the Air 3
1704 3 2023-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChimsDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121529 ft
United States

Just have a question about the new Air 3, I live in the state of Montana in the US with all the mountains and enjoy flying up the side of mountains and back always staying with in 400 ft of the ground below. In the past all I could do was to reach an altitude of 1640 ft above take off point. With the new Air 3 I understand that the flight ceiling is 3280 ft. On my Air 3 drone the slider goes up to 3280 ft but it won't go beyond 1640 ft. Wondering why it stops at 1640 ft.  thanks
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, if you want to unlock the 500 m limit for your aircraft, please go to https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list  and upload relevant signed or stamped documentation that authorizes your application for approval.
2023-8-16
Use props
djiuser_H8388H0UkyQY
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2023-8-16 03:09
Hi there, if you want to unlock the 500 m limit for your aircraft, please go to https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list  and upload relevant signed or stamped documentation that authorizes your application for approval.

I thought DJI made drones and wasn’t affiliated with the FAA.  I guess it’s a good thing they don’t make cars, they’d cause a lot of deaths.  If I own the drone I should be able to fly it however I want.  DJI is NOT the FAA so why limit its customers? I happened to be at the mountains today and couldn’t get past the 1640 ceiling even though I was 10 feet above the mountain that kept going up, but my Air 3 wouldn’t go up.  WTF is that!?!?
3-31 17:28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_H8388H0UkyQY Posted at 3-31 17:28
I thought DJI made drones and wasn’t affiliated with the FAA.  I guess it’s a good thing they don’t make cars, they’d cause a lot of deaths.  If I own the drone I should be able to fly it however I want.  DJI is NOT the FAA so why limit its customers? I happened to be at the mountains today and couldn’t get past the 1640 ceiling even though I was 10 feet above the mountain that kept going up, but my Air 3 wouldn’t go up.  WTF is that!?!?

Hello.GEO Zones are set up to maintain the safety and order of public airspace. According to the management strategies of different countries and regions, DJI’s GEO system has set flight zones with different levels of restrictions around the world. If rescue, firefighting, power inspection, or aerial photography operations are needed and the drone must take off in a restricted zone, it is necessary to submit an unlocking request.
3-31 18:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules