2524 20 2015-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know these problem is common knowledge ... Have we come to the conclusion just to fit the reinforced motor mounts from UAV bits other than sending it back
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

i have two screw wells that are totaly broken off, i have installed the strong arms from uavbits.net and no problems at all. cracks have not got any bigger. so i for one am not going to send back the p3; 1- it was my fault. and 2- i dont want to be without it for 2 months. if it spreads at a later time, i rather purchse a shell for $60 and transfer the guts to new shell
2015-8-31
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any other input
2015-8-31
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

I don't have cracks, But put in those UAV BITS 2 weeks ago  as a preventative measure.  
2015-8-31
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine are on order .. But not got them yet
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

on my second p3, i did install gimbal guard and  strong arms from uavbits.net. have had 2 crashes, low height but one was at about 20mph. no cracks or damages!!! so maybe they worked maybe even without them there would have been no damage!!
I dont know but i do know that they give me peace of mind
2015-8-31
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Yep ordering mi e next weekend. Goid preventive CHEAP maintenance.
2015-8-31
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

only fly w/ prop guards, no cracks...yet.
2015-8-31
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2015-8-31
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Wow. That's not the normal stress crack.  Was it dropped/crashed?
2015-8-31
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope.. No drop, crash . Nothing
2015-8-31
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What have people been using ??  Some clue begging with B ??
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

mgtkilledkenny@ Posted at 2015-8-31 16:32
What have people been using ??  Some clue begging with B ??

i installed the strong arm from uavbits.net and crack hasnt got any bigger
2015-8-31
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

I haven't seen any cracks, but did this to reduce the risc:
(cable tightener)

2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

i would say that is a good example of over tightened screws at factory!
thats why i loosened all mine and then finger tightened them. i check them every day to make sure they have not come loose
2015-8-31
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

I have been looking at all these "crack" posts, thinking ALL KINDS OF THINGS. Variables such as over-tightening, vibration, manufacturers design-process-material (issues go back to 2013 - wow).  I have prop guards with the brackets that work like backing plates - so I thought "No big deal."

UNTIL NOW...
A guy in another forum completely lost a motor due to cracking, and he posted pictures that will have your mouth dropping to the floor. The whole base under the motor gave out. Yipes! I'm going to add to my backing plates with HVAC tape or something that absorbs vibration rather than transmit it through the shell. For those with a strong constitution, see the photos at phantompilots under a P3 thread beginning with the word, "Catastrophic."

I am not posting the direct link to the other forum here, as a courtesy to DJI.  I really do not think these are "competing" forums though - if there is such a thing.

Bottom line here, in my opinion, is there is really nothing you can do other than reinforce the shell and/or use a backing plate under each motor the best you can. Good luck. We still have sweet machines that would cost a million dollars+ a few years ago, no doubt.

PS
I am also going to balance all my props now - which I thought was just plain silly to do on a P3...before now. Gotta do everything possible to either PREVENT vibration and stress energy, or ABSORB it.
PPS
If you already have a crack beginning on the shell somewhere other than inside the motor screw holes, it is a good idea to carefully drill a small smooth hole at the very end of the crack; this helps prevent further propagation of the crack by distributing the stress around a greater area. Old trick.

2015-9-8
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

AerialLens Posted at 2015-9-9 00:20
I have been looking at all these "crack" posts, thinking ALL KINDS OF THINGS. Variables such as over ...

Yeah holy cow that is one big disaster, i cable tied mine even i don't see stress cracks, in my humble opinion it all comes from yanking on the RC with max torque is what makes all the cracks show up, to begin with it is a flimsy design for a shell.
2015-9-8
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

I keep reading about cracks...are people getting cracks from hard landings and/or crashes? I've only had my Phantom 3 for about a month now.
2015-9-9
Use props
walid666
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

i got two cracks identical to this on two arms.

wrapped the motors bases and arms with transparent plastic tape

p.s... mileage: 250km , 100 flights in 2 weeks. ( always wide open throttle and long range)

2015-9-11
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I showed no cracks at all until I installed the DJI quick release prop guards...then two of the screws that hold the shell together (not the motor mount holes) cracked, one completely fell out   I may try the cable ties to keep the shell from separating...
2015-9-11
Use props
apezz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249915 ft
United States

I'm thinking about sending my P3P back to DJI to have my shell cracks repaired. I'm just wondering from anyone who has done this before me, "have they been covering this under warranty or not"? The warranty information I've see says the Frame of the craft has "No Warranty". My craft has never been in a crash and has been flown gently.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
2015-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules