My FPV saves photos to microSD but not video files
814 10 2023-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff Bay
lvl.1

United States

I have two FPV drones. One of them is not recording video/saving to my MicroSD card. It is saving pictures when I push the 'take photo' button to take a picture. 'Auto-record on take-off' is activated in Settings. My other FPV drone is working fine. Any suggestions?
2023-8-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you able to save videos to the microSD card if you turn off Auto and then manually start/stop the video camera recorder?
2023-8-15
Use props
Jeff Bay
lvl.1

United States

I tried and it did not work. Turned of Auto, started drone on workbench without props, pushed record button on goggles, then pushed record on controller 2 for second test, but no video recorded to memory card on either attempt. All I have are new photos from both attempts saved to drone memory card. No photos were saved to memory card in goggles (maybe that's expected?). Then I went in to setup to enable auto-record on take-off, tested, and still no video saved to memory card.
2023-8-15
Use props
Jeff Bay
lvl.1

United States

Should I update firmware? Here's what I have: v01.04.0000 on drone, v01.04.0000 on goggles, v02.00.0900 on controller.
2023-8-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You should always update your software with the latest version available.  For the DJI FPV, this will probably enable remote ID which means you must attach your mobile phone in order to take off and fly.

Please clarify, when you attempt to record a video, are you saying you get just a photo instead?

Please note you cannot record a video and snap a photo at the same time.  Please execute one or the other.
2023-8-15
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Does it show it's recording but no files are saved? Do you use an SD card that's fast enough? It should show an error message.
2023-8-15
Use props
Jeff Bay
lvl.1

United States

Okay, firmware is now updated to current versions on drone, goggles, and controller. Yes, remote ID is enabled and working as expected. Yes, all I get is a photo when I push the record button on the goggles or controller during flight (and auto-record on takeoff still isn't working). There is no indication in the goggles that video is recording (no red circle). My SD card (Samsung Extreme Pro) is and has been working properly in all other drones (including this drone we're trying to fix until a month ago when video stopped recording). I swapped cards to see if I had a bad storage card. All is good there. Thanks.
2023-8-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jeff Bay Posted at 8-16 09:11
Okay, firmware is now updated to current versions on drone, goggles, and controller. Yes, remote ID is enabled and working as expected. Yes, all I get is a photo when I push the record button on the goggles or controller during flight (and auto-record on takeoff still isn't working). There is no indication in the goggles that video is recording (no red circle). My SD card (Samsung Extreme Pro) is and has been working properly in all other drones (including this drone we're trying to fix until a month ago when video stopped recording). I swapped cards to see if I had a bad storage card. All is good there. Thanks.

Controlling the Gimbal and Camera
1. Shutter/Record Button: press once to take a photo or to start or stop recording. Press and hold to switch
between photo and video mode.
2023-8-16
Use props
Jeff Bay
lvl.1

United States

That worked!! My fumble fingers likely switched modes without realizing it. Happy boy here. Thank you, thank you!
2023-8-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jeff Bay Posted at 8-16 10:23
That worked!! My fumble fingers likely switched modes without realizing it. Happy boy here. Thank you, thank you!

2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Looks like this has already been figured out. This will be helpful for the other forum users. If you need further assistance, please reach back. Have a great day ahead
2023-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules