DJI Avata manual issue still exists.
537 4 2023-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Jo4p2kbKE3PL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 998953 ft
United States

I was out flying the DJI Avata today, and this is the third day of flying it. No wind sunny day. I just lifted the Avata into the sky around 50 feet, and as I switched to manual mode, it just tumbled to the ground. The second time it did the same thing but from a lower distance. I thought to try this from closer to me just in case, and the drone was about twenty feet up, and the manual mode decided to flip it forward and crashed into the ground. It killed the battery. I thought the first time it flip sideways but, the other two times it flips foward.
2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. The built-in propeller guard of DJI Avata enhances the flight duration and protects the drone from collisions while increases resistance during lateral movement, so the aircraft’s attitude may become abnormal at certain flight angles. In this case, it is recommended to not push the control stick fully to make the drone turn suddenly.
2023-8-16
Use props
djiuser_Jo4p2kbKE3PL
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 8-16 23:27
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. The built-in propeller guard of DJI Avata enhances the flight duration and protects the drone from collisions while increases resistance during lateral movement, so the aircraft’s attitude may become abnormal at certain flight angles. In this case, it is recommended to not push the control stick fully to make the drone turn suddenly.

I did not push the stick. I gave it some power to move forward and the drone flipped downward.
2023-8-17
Use props
djiuser_Jo4p2kbKE3PL
lvl.2
United States

What are you guys doing about the issue with the manual
Mode?
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Jo4p2kbKE3PL Posted at 8-17 03:27
I did not push the stick. I gave it some power to move forward and the drone flipped downward.

Sorry for the accident. May we know if you have stored the video of the flight? If yes, please provide it to us, we would love to double-check.
At the same time, please check if the drone got damaged from the accident. If so, you may need to send the drone back to our service center for further diagnosis and service.
2023-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules